sparklehorse12

BNE To BKK - Question

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Now with TG increasing direct flights on this route to 5 weekly is this a response to the gossip that DJ are going to pick up this route in their long haul strategy - anyone heard any other gossip?

It is hard to believe that TG are the only Airline that do this route direct. If EY had any plans to enter the market through BNE they could do some damage to TG indeed and create a new market.
Airlines Flown : QF,NW,AA, CX, AC, MH, SQ, DJ, NZ, TG, PG,US, FJ, J8, AN, DD, JQ

ZK-NBT

RE: BNE To BKK - Question

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Welcome to Airliners.net!

TG have increased BNE to 5x weekly and from April 2007 will increase it to 12x weekly with a daily BKK-SYD-BNE-BKK 744 flight!

I'm unsure on DJ flying BNE-BKK.

sparklehorse12

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Thank you for the welcome ZK-NBT.

So, TG are going to fly 772 5 times a week and a daily service as well via Sydney? Cripes! Thai are really going for it!

I hear MH are considering making their BNE service via Sydney which would be an utter drag and would not make a whole lot of sense considering they are a referral airline of Velocity Rewards program(Virgin Blues' rewards program) and considering BNE is Virgin Blues' hub - seems like a step backward.
Airlines Flown : QF,NW,AA, CX, AC, MH, SQ, DJ, NZ, TG, PG,US, FJ, J8, AN, DD, JQ

ZK-NBT

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Quoting Sparklehorse12 (Reply 2):
So, TG are going to fly 772 5 times a week and a daily service as well via Sydney?

Thats correct, we'll see if it lasts like that.

Quoting Sparklehorse12 (Reply 2):
I hear MH are considering making their BNE service via Sydney which would be an utter drag and would not make a whole lot of sense considering they are a referral airline of Velocity Rewards program(Virgin Blues' rewards program) and considering BNE is Virgin Blues' hub - seems like a step backward.

MH are indeed going to operate KUL-SYD-BNE-KUL with a 744, main thing is that they will have flights daily to BNE again but I agree its not convienient making it via SYD, but MH are struggling a little on the whole.

trent1000

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:32 pm

I travel BNE/BKK about 4 times a year on TG and welcome the increased felxibility of travel dates with the greater frequency. Thanks ZK-NBT for your info. I'll check the TG website. Any opinions on TG business class seats on the 772s BNE/BKK?
Yes, welcome Sparklehorse12. I'm a new member as well (and have already been growled at)  Wink

sparklehorse12

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:50 pm

I am flying MH in a few weeks to LGK for a weeks break. I am looking forward to the experience flying MH. I have always flown Qantas however, my last long haul experience has made me change.

Trent, I believe I will get growled at, I am interested in aircraft not being in a boeing or airbus cheer squad. This forum seems to be very pro-boeing.

6thfreedom

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 am

Quoting Trent1000 (Reply 4):
Any opinions on TG business class seats on the 772s BNE/BKK?

I just flew in the new J class of the B772ER. It is fantastic.
Up there with QF, CX, MH etc.
and TG's inflight service is second to none..

InbarD

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:37 am

Why doesn't Qantas fly BNE-BKK, I know they fly to HKG and SIN from Brisbane but why don't they fly BKK. I would imagine it would be a profitable route.

trent1000

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am

QF used to fly BNE/BKK with a 763. Afternoon departure BNE for late evening connections in BKK. Departure BKK early morning, arriving in BNE in the evening. I flew that sector twice in the mid '90s. QF even offered bonus points (for some time at least) to encourage people to choose those flights. I don't think the flights were daily and I'm not sure how long QF operated that route. Obviously it wasn't as profitable as they'd hoped.