CXA330300
Topic Author

SFO: Question

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:19 am

At SFO, are Terminal 3 and the International Terminal connected past security? In addition, are the two concourses of the International Terminal connected past security?

Thanks!
AC/AA/UA/DL/B6/WN/US*/CO*/FI/BA/IB/AF/SK/LX/Sabena*/TK/LY/SA/MN/SW/AM/CE*/CX/CA/MU/JL/SQ/TG/MH/KA/5J

Boston92

RE: SFO: Question

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:22 am

I know there is a bus that runs the domestic to intl terminals. I can not answer your other question though, I do not know.

The bus stops running around 11 btw, and I think you need a boarding pass to get through.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

IAHFLYR

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:26 am

As far as I remember, all the terminals have their own security, to go between them you have to exit the secure areas.

http://www.flysfo.com/guide_nonflash/gettingaround/airportoverview.htm
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

thebry

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 2):
As far as I remember, all the terminals have their own security, to go between them you have to exit the secure areas.

Yup... you're correct there IAHFLYR. Have to exit one terminal to get to another (which means security screening, etc.) I live in San Francisco and use SFO exclusively.

Aeroflot777

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:39 am

Every terminal has their own security, and you have to venture outside of secure areas to get to other terminals. There is no connection between terminals from inside the security areas.

Aeroflot777

flypdx

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:48 am

Did United stop running the bus service from Their domestic ops to their international operations? A little over a year ago, I believe that a bus was running for those who had connections.

IAHFLYR

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting Thebry (Reply 3):
I live in San Francisco

You're lucky....great city for sure.

We get out there often and find walking from Terminal 1 through the international and getting the train to the rental center is much faster than crossing under the driveway, climbing the stairs to the station and then the escalator, plus gets us a chance to walk a distance. Love SFO!  Smile
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

CXA330300
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:55 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 1):
I know there is a bus that runs the domestic to intl terminals.

Quoting Flypdx (Reply 5):
Did United stop running the bus service from Their domestic ops to their international operations? A little over a year ago, I believe that a bus was running for those who had connections.

If there is any bus, is there one that is for non-United connections-between the AA area of T3 and the int'l terminal for example?
AC/AA/UA/DL/B6/WN/US*/CO*/FI/BA/IB/AF/SK/LX/Sabena*/TK/LY/SA/MN/SW/AM/CE*/CX/CA/MU/JL/SQ/TG/MH/KA/5J

as739x

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:31 pm

CXA330300

No. Other then the UA bus ,which if I'm not mistaken only operates during the morning hours, there are no transfer bus's.

ASLAX
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

joemac547

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 pm

The bus that connects with UA's domestic terminal (NOT AA's - you would end up leaving the E Concourse security and then re-ntering the F Concourse security, so why not just renter at the International Terminal?) with both the G Concourse (UA, LH, NZ, SQ) of the International Terminal AND with the US/HP Operation in Terminal 1 operates from around 8am till just before the SYD evening flight (say 10PM or so). I also use it when flying UA domestically and I have time to kill and want to spend it in the SQ lounge (I have to show your UA ticket and your SQ lounge card to the door keeper to get on the bus.)

SFO is currently building a connector that they say should be up and running by the end of the year so you can walk it.

Also, you can not get between the two International concouses without reclearing security.

[Edited 2007-02-05 06:41:25]

legacyins

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting Joemac547 (Reply 9):
The bus that connects with UA's domestic terminal (NOT AA's - you would end up leaving the E Concourse security and then re-ntering the F Concourse security, so why not just renter at the International Terminal?)

Actually, the way E and F concourses are set up, once past security, you can walk from E to F or vice versa without passing through security again. This is why I cannot understand why people complain about the poor restaurant facilities at the AA concourse. All you have to do after passing through the F security is to make a quick left and you will enter the UA concourse where there are restaurants galore.

As for the bus, I don't think you can take the bus if you are not holding a UA or possible Star Alliance ticket.

joemac547

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 am

My bad. I guess I have not been to the AA side in awhile - they must have changed it.

flyswim

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 am

Ok, SFO related question but not directly this one -

is the air train going to be extended to the new long term parking garage???

and agree with the comment of walking from term 1 or term 3 to international to catch the airtrain or BART, really easy and nice leg stretch.