flyCMH

Midwest Announces First CRJ Routes From MCI/MKE

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:30 am

Press Release Source: Midwest Airlines

Midwest Airlines Launches 50-Seat Regional Jet Service, Next Step in Its 2007 Growth Plan
Wednesday February 7, 8:30 am ET
Midwest Connect Introduces Kansas City-Columbus Service; Puts Larger Aircraft and Increases Frequency in Popular Business Markets

MILWAUKEE, Feb. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Midwest Airlines (Amex: MEH - News) today announced the launch of 50-seat regional jet service, the next step in its 2007 growth plan. Travelers will soon benefit from new Midwest Connect service between Kansas City and Columbus, Ohio, along with larger aircraft and frequency increases in six popular business markets.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070207/aqw017.html?.v=4

JBo

RE: Midwest Announces First CRJ Routes From MCI/MKE

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:43 am

To: All Midwest and Skyway Airlines Employees
Date: February 7, 2007
From: Scott Dickson, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
Subject: Next Steps Toward "Right-Sizing" Our Airline

I am pleased to share the news that we are today announcing more schedule enhancements and the launch of our Midwest Connect 50-seat regional jet service operated by our new partner, SkyWest Airlines. As I talked about in this year's Community Meetings, we will "right-size" our airline in 2007 to enhance profitability by better aligning demand and capacity. Described below are more steps toward accomplishing that goal. The changes depict how we will deploy the first five 50-seat RJs and the resulting benefits Midwest and Skyway Airlines gain by reusing Boeing 717s and Fairchild 328JETs for new opportunities.

On April 1, we will launch our Midwest Connect 50-seat regional jet program by upgrading all service between Milwaukee and Columbus from 32-seat regional jets to 50-seat regional jets. In addition, two of four weekday flights between Milwaukee and Flint will be upgraded from 19-seat turboprop aircraft to 32-seat regional jets and we'll add Saturday service on the 32-seat regional jet.

Also beginning in April, 50-seat regional jets will operate two of four weekday flights between both Milwaukee and Minneapolis/St. Paul and Milwaukee and Philadelphia. The 717 freed up by this move will be used for our new service between Kansas City and Seattle/Tacoma.

On May 1, we will launch new Midwest Connect service between Kansas City and Columbus on 50-seat regional jets. The new service -- twice daily on weekdays and once daily on Saturday and Sunday -- will be the only nonstop service in the market. This new service will allow Columbus passengers to make easy connections in Kansas City to our major destinations in the western United States.

We'll also add and upgrade service between Milwaukee and four of our popular business destinations on May 1. These service enhancements include:

Adding a third daily roundtrip between Milwaukee and Dayton on a 32-seat regional jet.
Adding a third daily roundtrip between Milwaukee and Duluth/Superior on a 32-seat regional jet.
Upgrading service between Milwaukee and Louisville from 19-seat turboprop aircraft to 32-seat regional jets.
Upgrading three of four daily flights between Milwaukee and Pittsburgh from 32-seat regional jets to 50-seat regional jets.

Also on May 1, 50-seat regionals will begin providing service between Kansas City and Pittsburgh. The regional jet will replace the 717 currently operating on this route, which will be used to enhance the summer schedule we will be finalizing in the coming weeks.

The new service is now available for sale. Stay tuned -- more service change announcements will be made in coming weeks.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

tjwgrr

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:54 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
...."upgrading all service between Milwaukee and Columbus from 32-seat regional jets to 50-seat regional jets"...

Considered an "upgrade" from the FRJ to a CRJ?... I think not.

Skywest CRJ's have a seat width of 17", Midwest Connect's FRJ's have 18.1" seat width....... Not to mention those frickin' low windows on the CRJ.  thumbsdown 

Wonder how many flights Mr. Dickson has made on a CRJ?

[Edited 2007-02-07 17:02:58]
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

ca2ohHP

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:58 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
Upgrading three of four daily flights between Milwaukee and Pittsburgh from 32-seat regional jets to 50-seat regional jets.

Sounds like a downgrade to me...I'd rather fly the 328 any day.

Cubsrule

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:07 am

It looks like the 328 utilization is going to get a lot better. I'm not sure where they are squeezing this from, as the 328s don't really seem to sit on the ground too long anywhere; 25 minute turns are scheduled at a lot of the outstations.

Quoting Tjwgrr (Reply 2):

I'd rather fly the 328 any day of the week, but there is more knee room on a CRJ, and the lav situation is better.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:11 am

"and popular baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies"

CRJ's have ovens?? Does anyone else operate a CRJ with an oven?

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 3):

It's an upgrade in the sense that there are more seats...and it's not a Dornier Silly.
E pur si muove -Galileo

tsra

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:24 am

Looks like YX is more concerned about Skybus flying from CMH than XE(ExpressJet) entering MCI, at least for now. MCI-CMH has ~ 170 ppd and will be a way to shuffle CRJs between MKE and MCI.
The third flight into DLH is kind of surprising to me. Perhaps during that part of the day there was an extra FRJ?
Am I reading the one for one replacement of PIT-MCI correctly? I thought it would go 2x a day with the CRJ. I assume (I should not assume) the PIT 717 will be used for the year round RSW flight already announced.

JBo

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:46 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 5):
"and popular baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies"

SkyWest is fitting ovens into the CRJs to be used on the YX routes.

Skywest CRJ's have a seat width of 17", Midwest Connect's FRJ's have 18.1" seat width....... Not to mention those frickin' low windows on the CRJ.

Windows notwithstanding, the CRJs may be ex-Independence CRJs which supposedly have nicer seats than most CRJs.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 7):
SkyWest is fitting ovens into the CRJs to be used on the YX routes.

Sounds expensive and heavy.
E pur si muove -Galileo

JBo

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 8):

Sounds expensive and heavy.

Well it can't be too heavy and/or expensive if the FRJs have them already.

ca2ohHP

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:33 am

and it's not a Dornier

Out of curiosity what don't you like on about the 328?

N353SK

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 7):
Windows notwithstanding, the CRJs may be ex-Independence CRJs which supposedly have nicer seats than most CRJs.

won't they have to redo the cabins anyways?

Mikey711MN

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
On May 1, we will launch new Midwest Connect service between Kansas City and Columbus on 50-seat regional jets.

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
Also on May 1, 50-seat regionals will begin providing service between Kansas City and Pittsburgh.

Interesting how Midwest's route maps show that both MCI-PIT and MCI-CMH will be operated as "Signature Service" and not under the Midwest Connect operation.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:03 am

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 10):
Out of curiosity what don't you like on about the 328?

I have nothing against the 328s...it's just that CRJs are cheaper and theoretically still in production.
E pur si muove -Galileo

wncmh

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:44 am

I was surprise that Midwest Airlines start non-stop from CMH to MCI. I thought that WN probrably it first I was wrong.

NWADC9

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):

BOOOOO!!! Do328JET's must stay! We have enough CRJ's to go around!

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
Also on May 1, 50-seat regionals will begin providing service between Kansas City and Pittsburgh. The regional jet will replace the 717 currently operating on this route, which will be used to enhance the summer schedule we will be finalizing in the coming weeks.

They better not. That's a pretty long flight. Whatever happened to the "Regional" in "Canadair Regional Jet"? I'm getting sick of all these CRJ's...
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

chase

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
will be upgraded from 19-seat turboprop aircraft

Are they getting rid of the 19-seaters?

sw733

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:56 am

Interesting news. I can't wait to fly YX for the first name in April on that new MCI-SEA nonstop, I've heard such good things. However, this new service could make it easier to get to CMH, which is a place I absolutely love - great news!

SANFan

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:15 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 1):
The regional jet will replace the 717 currently operating on this route, which will be used to enhance the summer schedule we will be finalizing in the coming weeks.

Maybe SAN will get the second MCI flight back yet again this summer or, even better, perhaps SAN-MKE will be added. There seems to be a good possibility of a morning departure out of SAN (to MKE and all the connections available with that timing?) judging by F9's usage of their shared gate (#28). If not taking the RON a/c to MKE, then maybe it could go to MCI and make MKE the mid-day turnaround.

I hope we will somehow see SAN connected to both YX hubs this summer. I've got all my fingers crossed (which makes it darned hard to type!)

bb

COERJ145

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:38 am

Quoting Chase (Reply 16):

Slowly, they should be out by mid-2008. http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/skyway.html

JBo

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 15):

They better not. That's a pretty long flight. Whatever happened to the "Regional" in "Canadair Regional Jet"? I'm getting sick of all these CRJ's...

Oh, like the MKE-BDL run on the FRJ isn't too long for a regional? I'm surprised that one hasn't been upgraded already.

Quoting Chase (Reply 16):

Yes.

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 19):
Slowly, they should be out by mid-2008.

If not sooner. Depending on how the EAS bids go, they may be gone this year.

flyCMH

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 3):

My thoughts exactly. Though it does sound like the Midwest/Skywest CRJ experience may be a little more comfortable than your average CRJ flight; with their trademark baked on board chocolate chip cookies and redish-brown leather seats. While I'll definitely miss seeing the little Dork-jets around here, the tradeoff in finally securing nonstop service to Kansas City is most certainly worth it. Plus the added seats to Milwaukee is definitely appreciated.

Quoting TSRA (Reply 6):
Looks like YX is more concerned about Skybus flying from CMH than XE(ExpressJet) entering MCI, at least for now. MCI-CMH has ~ 170 ppd and will be a way to shuffle CRJs between MKE and MCI.

Again, my thoughts exactly. CMH-MCI is/was the 4th largest unserved route from Columbus. Include the connecting opportunities available from MCI and the very loyal following Midwest has been earning in KCMO, and I think Midwest should do well on the route. I have no doubt that the route was on Skybus' radar screen. However now, it will be Midwest that will receive the marketing incentives and landing fee waivers for starting the service. Congratulations and many thanks to Midwest/Midwest Connect.

ca2ohHP

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:31 am

A little off topic, but does anyone know where OO is getting the additional aircraft from? Sorry if it's already been discussed.

Danairbus

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:34 am

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 22):
does anyone know where OO is getting the additional aircraft from?

I think they are getting the the exIndy birds.

tsra

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 am

If you look at the MCI-CMH-MKE-CMH-MCI routing seems they will use one aircraft for this. However, if you look at the PIT-MCI and back, it appears the aircraft sits from 0800 to 1930. I'm guessing YX will announce another route soon using this aircraft.

[Edited 2007-02-08 00:03:13]

Flaps

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:01 am

Damn....There goes another airline I have to drop because of the CRJ. I am thankful though that I live in an area with plenty of choices. I feel for those with only the CRJ as an option.

knope2001

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:07 am

Quoting TSRA (Reply 24):
However, if you look at the PIT-MCI and back, it appears the aircraft sits from 0800 to 1930. I'm guessing YX will announce another route soon using this aircraft.

Without a doubt true. I really do think they are doing some last-minute adjustments, possibly in reaction to ExpressJet. That plane that sits in MCI from 8am until 7:30pm is perfect to run 2x/day to someplace effective 5/1. Do they send it to Austin to combat ExpressJet, or do they send it to San Antonio to free up a 717 to add a mainline route?

Of course they have plenty more CRJ's coming and they probably will add AUS, replace the 717 on SAT, add New Orleans, Raleigh and other flying. But they clearly have more flying to add starting 5/1 at Kansas City.

bluejackets

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 pm

CMH just keeps knocking 'em off: SLC, LAX, B6, MCI. David Whitaker has really got the charm going. What's next: F9? SFO? LHR (kidding, for now)?

Another really proud moment for CMH. I'm sure it means a lot to Whitaker and others that YX decided to use CMH to showcase their new partnership. I wonder if there will be a ceremony at MKE and/or CMH on April 1? Anyone know? No doubt there should be a grand one in both MCI and CMH on May 1.

Again, fantastic news for CMH, Whitaker and all Columbusans and Kansas Citians.

Hopefully I can hop on one of these from here at school in Missouri back home.

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 21):
Include the connecting opportunities available from MCI and the very loyal following Midwest has been earning in KCMO

You mean KCMH, right? Getting too excited, Jose?
It's funny when I tell people I love planes and they think I'm weird.

HPAEAA

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Quoting Bluejackets (Reply 27):
CMH just keeps knocking 'em off: SLC, LAX, B6, MCI. David Whitaker has really got the charm going. What's next: F9? SFO? LHR (kidding, for now)?

well, sadly CMH lives in the shadows of the cities to the north (CLE) and South (CVG)... I like the airport, and the cities got a lot going for it but it'll never land the opportunites of either location.. LHR may be out of a question but I know the airport is lobbying hard for some type of Euro service... I know once the 787 rolls out too their going to be looking to Asia.... the LAX service was heavily dependant on the Honda contracts and I know the fasion industry there is looking for one stop servce (the stop being in Europe) to most of the EU...
Why do I fly???

Eagle11

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:11 pm

I think going with the CRJs is a pretty safe business decision. Expanding at MCI has been a must for quite a while now. Plus, with the elimination of most of the B1900s and the scarcity of available FRJs, going with 50-seaters was really the only option.

I wish them well.
"The Eagle has landed"

mke717spotter

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:40 pm

CMH eh? Not really what I was expecting, but I am pleased to hear it. Looking forward to the next announcements.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

flyCMH

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:32 pm

I wonder if there will be a ceremony at MKE and/or CMH on April 1? Anyone know? No doubt there should be a grand one in both MCI and CMH on May 1.

I talked with a few of my colleagues over at Midwest this evening and they are definitely excited about the new/upgraded service. It's likely too early to know whether Midwest or the airport will be staging a ceremony of some sort for the new service, but I'd imagine something would be done to commemorate the event.

You mean KCMH, right? Getting too excited, Jose?

Heheh, actually, I DID mean KCMO...as in Kansas City, MO. But I am stil excited about the new service.  Smile

Don't forget, we also got RDU back late last year. Also, 757 service returns to CMH this month with United. The plane comes in from DEN and turns to ORD in the late afternoon. Besides that, the big "what's next" is likely Skybus and its plans for CMH. Everything else is fair game as well. The guys at the airport are definitely keeping busy to continue the momentum.

bluejackets

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 31):
Heheh, actually, I DID mean KCMO...as in Kansas City, MO.

I should know better than to question you. I guess I'm the one that's too excited!

Also, 757 service returns to CMH this month with United.

You mean 777, right? Just kidding...

That's great! I didn't hear about that. Hopefully you'll get to work it.
It's funny when I tell people I love planes and they think I'm weird.

mke717spotter

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting Mikey711MN (Reply 12):
Interesting how Midwest's route maps show that both MCI-PIT and MCI-CMH will be operated as "Signature Service" and not under the Midwest Connect operation.

I also found this kind of puzzling, are they gonna keep adding the CRJ routes to the main route map under signature service?
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

knope2001

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 pm

They are going to have to rework their maps, I suspect, and putting PIT and CMH on the mainline map is a temporary measure.

n917me

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:12 am

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 33):
also found this kind of puzzling, are they gonna keep adding the CRJ routes to the main route map under signature service?

I believe that they CRJ (SkyWEST) flights will be "marketed" as signature, mapped as signature and operated as Midwest Connect. It is more of a marketing "gimmick"..kind of like look Airtran, more aircraft with "signature service" ..kind of a stretch if you ask me. I will reserve judgement until I see and experience the interior as real comfortable seats may make a difference.

avconsultant

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:31 am

I think they will be the warmer ovens similar to the ones at a DoubleTree check-in counter. Basically it's a heated drawer.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 4):
I'd rather fly the 328 any day of the week, but there is more knee room on a CRJ, and the lav situation is better.

The 328 is a nicer product.

Also, why did XY not attempt to pick up the former 328 used for DL Connection? Mesa's agreement with DL was to take over the lease of these aircraft.

JBo

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting N917ME (Reply 35):
I believe that they CRJ (SkyWEST) flights will be "marketed" as signature, mapped as signature and operated as Midwest Connect. It is more of a marketing "gimmick"..kind of like look Airtran, more aircraft with "signature service" ..kind of a stretch if you ask me. I will reserve judgement until I see and experience the interior as real comfortable seats may make a difference.

Which seems hokey to me. The computers, however, show the flight numbers as Connect flight numbers, so nothing odd there. I just think they goofed the maps up. Let's not read too deeply into this.

Quoting AvConsultant (Reply 36):
Also, why did XY not attempt to pick up the former 328 used for DL Connection? Mesa's agreement with DL was to take over the lease of these aircraft.

We did. We have two. N410FJ and N412FJ are now N365SK and N367SK. Acquiring the 328JETs isn't as easy as you think, most of those have been sitting (quite literally) on the Atlantic Coast for two years. Finding the airframes with the least necessary repaires is harder than you think.

SkyexRamper

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 37):
Finding the airframes with the least necessary repaires is harder than you think.

But I don't think the APUs were ever overhauled as they should've been. We have only had 367SK for a little bit and already have it on life support aka GPU and Air Start. The same happened with 365SK when it first came, it was broke beyond belief.

To clear up any confusion about the CRJs, they'll have the brown leather cabin and will have buy onboard meals just like the 717s.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

avconsultant

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting JBo (Reply 37):
most of those have been sitting (quite literally) on the Atlantic Coast for two years

I remember when they were moved to MYR. You've got to be kidding me they were not moved to the desert!! Hell with the leasing company if they did not know any better.

Flaps

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:55 am

Signature Service leaves the customer with certain expectations. I hope they they drop those designations on the CRJ routes quickly or they are going to have some pissed off customers. Imagine expecting 2x2 on a 717 and then stepping on to a CRJ  boxedin ... bomb ... hissyfit 

n917me

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:38 am

The Skywest FA's are going to busy. Full service with one FA. They will be BUSY!

Cubsrule

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 am

Quoting N917ME (Reply 41):
The Skywest FA's are going to busy. Full service with one FA. They will be BUSY!

It's not that much worse than 2 f/as on a 717...
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

eraugrad02

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:16 am

Quoting Flaps (Reply 40):
Imagine expecting 2x2 on a 717 and then stepping on to a CRJ ... ...

let's just wait and see how they look. the 328s are really nice. im assuming the seats in the crj will be close to on par with the rest of their produce to be as seamless as possible.

example. hey will have ovens for cookies just like you'd get on mainline. what other airline offers the same service you get on mainline/express? in the states. i cant name ONE other than midwest.
Desmond MacRae in ILM

knope2001

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 am

I wonder if they will have indentical menu for Best Care Cuisine on the CRJ as they have on mainline, and will that include a hot choice.

Flaps

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting ERAUgrad02 (Reply 43):
let's just wait and see how they look. the 328s are really nice. im assuming the seats in the crj will be close to on par with the rest of their produce to be as seamless as possible.

example. hey will have ovens for cookies just like you'd get on mainline. what other airline offers the same service you get on mainline/express? in the states. i cant name ONE other than midwest.

You can put all the service in the world on a CRJ but it makes no difference if you cant fit in the damn thing. There is absolutely no shoulder room. If I have a pair of seats to myself I can tolerate it by sitting slightly sideways and lifting the armrest. On a full flight though forget it.
Im not even that big, 5'11" and 215lbs. I have some hip, back and knee issues but that isnt uncommon. I would have to so that I am only a little large than the average passenger. So far I have stopped flying AA via DFW, Some DL trips via ATL (I can handle PIT-CVG) and now it looks like most YX trips are out too. I like YX and I like the 328's. I was hoping that they would be able to get a winning bid from an ERJ operator but thats the breaks I guess. I just hope that a lot of spoiled YX regulars (like me) arent turned off by the cramped quarters.

DeltaRules

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Good to see that CMH will be upgraded. Not a big fan of the CRJ personally, but I always like to see new service. YX is one of the airlines I've wanted to give a try over the years; maybe I can make use of the MCI service sometime.

Is this a permanent/semi-permanent thing? I miss the 757s at CMH. It's been at least 6 or 7 years since UA flew them to CMH...used to be to & from ORD pre-9/11, IIRC. Now if only DL would bring them back, we'd be all set. I heard that was a possibility last Spring, but since then, we've seen even less mainline service to ATL.

Also, have you heard anything about whether or not ExpressJet's looking at CMH?

DeltaRules

[Edited 2007-02-09 05:15:40]
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

HPAEAA

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Quoting DeltaRules (Reply 46):
Good to see that CMH will be upgraded. Not a big fan of the CRJ personally, but I always like to see new service.

:D

Is this a permanent/semi-permanent thing? I miss the 757s at CMH.

it looks like the routing of the 752 is going to be DEN-CMH-ORD... sadly not round trip from any one market... good to see it though.. now if only AA would put some more mainline in...
Why do I fly???

steeler83

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Quoting TSRA (Reply 6):
Am I reading the one for one replacement of PIT-MCI correctly?

Yeah, seriously... If that is just one dinky CRJ replacing the 717, that is a punch to the face of PIT and the PIT flyers. Two CRJ flights, perhaps, that would put 100 seats between PIT and MCI, and YX said that MCI-PIT does very well. If it does well, why would they shrink capacity and go with some tin can that does a good job at keeping pax at bay?

Haven't pax loads on YX gone up at all? It did very well last year especially after they added MCI service. It was one of the fastest growing airlines at PIT, according to the PRs on flypittsburgh.com...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

tsra

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:15 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 48):
Two CRJ flights, perhaps, that would put 100 seats between PIT and MCI, and YX said that MCI-PIT does very well. If it does well, why would they shrink capacity and go with some tin can that does a good job at keeping pax at bay?

I think maybe originally MCI-PIT was going 2x day until XE's MCI announcements. OO will add 2 aircraft a month (except for 3 in July and 1 in October) into YX flying so PIT may go 2x in July. Anyone else hear MCI-MSP in June?