Aviator3b2
Topic Author

Is This Captain Serious?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:07 pm

I came upon this video recently, and sorry if it has already been talked about. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Anyone have an idea of what they may be covering up with the duct tape.

here's the link to the video
http://www.break.com/index/pilot_fixes_planes_wing.html

memphis

RE: Is This Captain Serious?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:37 pm

I think it's aluminum speed tape, not duct rape. I see it form time to time on A/C. Even seen it being put on, and it looks like what these guys were doing. I figure it's to cover a small opening up till the A/C can be pulled from service to fix the issue. It is my understanding that the stuff is very durable and works well in these applications. It is also my understanding that something similar is used in NASCAR.
nocturnal

legacy135

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 pm

In my fridge, the part holding the bottles was broken several years ago. I took some of the Speed Tape from the hangar and fixed half the inside of the fridges door with.

This is now quite a while and it still holds as it did the first day. This stuff isn't cheap at all, but extremely durable. It is also seen from time to time for provisional repairs on aircraft.

Cheers
Legacy135 Wink

pilotaydin

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:28 pm

how do we know that's the captain?
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!