desertjets

Trip Report: PHX-EUG-PHX

Fri Jul 21, 2000 11:51 am

Well I finally got my first trip on a CRJ. Pretty exciting, and my first trip to the Pacific northwest.

7/15/2000
America West Express 6072, PHX-EUG:
I checked in @ 9am for my 10:30 departure. quick and easy check-in at the ticket counter in T4. The counter staff, Suzanne, was quick and friendly. Went up to gate B9 to wait for my flight... I was tired and not in a mood to spot, but plenty of Mesa Air B1900's and Dash 8's waiting. I was on an all white Mesa Air CRJ. We departed on time, the plane was full so the take-off was less than exciting. I really have to commend the folks at Mesa Airlines, they go a long ways to having great service, the f/a Teagan was friendly and served the entire planeload quickly. Our routing was:
Depart RWY 8L with the standard noise abatement departure and then direct to Drake, Boulder City, Beatty, Reno, and Klamath Falls with a visual to EUG RWY 34. Some very good scenery along the way, Mono Lake, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, and the Three Sisters... really breathtaking to see snow capped peaks in July.

7/20/2000
America West Express 6427, EUG-PHX
Again the counter staff was very friendly, check in was quick. Plane was about half full this time, so I had the row to myself and slide over to the window. And yes the windows on CRJ's are very low which makes it a pain to gaze. not too much traffic at Eugene, a horizon air Dash-8 came and went, a UA Express Brasilia left and a Air Wisconsin BAe-146 came in. Take off was more exciting due to having half the passenger load. The routing home was the same as the outbound flight. This time we saw Crater Lake.

Overall I was impressed with the quality of service that Mesa has... extremely friendly cabin crew.... thanks Teagan and Tommie, friendly cockpit crew... they did a little sight seeing with us. I would have liked more than just soda and pretzels for food.... seems to be a little light for a 2 hour flight... at least a cookie or something a little more substantial. I was taken aback by the steep nose down posture the CRJ has on approach. but overall a very comfortable aircraft for longer flights, though the LAV is a bit tight. So hats off to Mesa Air, and sorry for such a long report.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

desertjets

RE: Trip Report: PHX-EUG-PHX

Sat Jul 22, 2000 7:05 am

Ok... this is just to move this to the top... and I will add some questions.

What are your impressions/experiences on long flights on CRJ's?
Who else has flown on Mesa Airlines recently (on either America West Express or USAirways Express) and did you find the service and general friendliness to be the same?

Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos