markk

Onepass Standard BF Reward Question

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:36 am

I have booked my wife and I from IAH-HNL and back using miles. It is a standard business first ticket. IAH-HNL is direct. However HNL-IAH is currently via LAX. My question is my HNL-LAX leg is business first. However my LAX-IAH portion shows GN class or economy. Am I automatically wait listed or do I need to contact CO to have myself on standby for first on the LAX-IAH leg? They deducted the 75000 miles for the roundtrip. Seems that if I gave them the miles for a round trip first I would get a round trip first and not 75% of one.

Thanks,
Mark

WesternA318

RE: Onepass Standard BF Reward Question

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:13 am

Usually, give them a call to confirm and ask your question, just in case, but usually whatever portion is unused, they will credit back miles for that segment (I believe).
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

toltommy

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm

similar thing happened to us on a J class Qantas award ticket using CO miles. The domestic FC upgrades CLE-LAX and LAX-IAH-CLE didn't clear until much closer to the actual dates of travel.

COFreqFlyer

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:19 am

Check your itinerary online, it should show a second LAXIAH segment at the bottom with an indication of being waitlisted. If you *don't* see it there, then call up and check.

Please note also that if you don't have that waitlist entry clear at time of checkin, you will not be able to check in via online. I've tried this several times, and finally got an answer, because the system has you essentially doublebooked on the same segment, they have to remove the waitlist segment (at the airport) and then check you in.

Good luck!
The Proud Bird with the Golden Tail