flyboy80

ASA Route Structure

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:17 am

I had absolutely no idea that ASA operated a hub in LAX and had so many mexico frequencies out of LAX, as well as services from ATL to Carribean, and Central America. How long has ASA operated these routes, are the LAX routes -700s, were they previously operated by someone else, and are they planned to be operated by ASA in the furture? Thanks!

deltairlines

RE: ASA Route Structure

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 am

The LAX mini-hub started up a few months back - a few more cities will be coming online in the next few months. I believe it's all CRJ-200s; there are a few CRJ-700s up to SLC (at least there have been in the past), but I'd expect them to stay 50 seaters.

As for ASA staying, I believe they will. SkyWest can only operate DL flights to SLC out of LAX (due to their agreement that has them as UAX out of LAX), but since ASA is on a seperate certificate, they can get away with using ASA. I would doubt Comair (who most likely will be shrinking), Freedom, Shuttle America or anyone else will be heading out to LAX to do this work.

DeltaGuy

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:11 am

Considering their nice DFW hub was taken from them, it's good to see them in another location out west.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

avconsultant

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 2):
Considering their nice DFW hub was taken from them, it's good to see them in another location out west

That's the one thing DL does different than other Legacy's is utilizing their Connection carriers for point to point service. EV picked up a lot of point to point service. I know NW did used Airlink for P2P, I'm surprised other carriers have not picked up on this.