UtilianPilot07
Topic Author

AA Inflight Entertainment

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 am

Well i was just thinking about all the flights have taken in the past year or so and I noticed that on some American Airlines flights they show movies like once they played Fever Pitch while on other flights they first show lil kids trivia then CBS eye on american and a regular tv show. What is the deciding factor when it comes to what will be played on the t.v.'s the flights are normally always on 738's or 757. Any ideas?
The Bin 3 Tight Stack!!

tommy767

RE: AA Inflight Entertainment

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:07 am

Its a good question actually. I've flown AA flights where they have been in duration of 2.5-3 hrs and there has only been "CBS Eye on AA." Recently I flew EWR-DFW on a 757 and they showed a movie and the flight was supposed to be 3hr 23min but turned out to be under 3 hrs. My connecting flight from DFW-LAX was on another 757, just about 3hrs in length and they did not show a movie. I would guess that AA shows movies on flights over 3 hrs and short programming on flights less than that.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos