JJJ
Topic Author

HP - Possible To Earn *A Miles?

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:58 pm

A short question. Now that the HP and US merger is up and even the FF programme is merged now.... Is it possible to earn miles on a HP flight towards, say my LH Miles & More card? I'll be flying them in a couple of weeks and would love to know.

The US and Star Alliance websites say nothing to that respect.

kiwiandrew

RE: HP - Possible To Earn *A Miles?

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:09 pm

do HP flight numbers even exist anymore ?

anyway

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...ore/earn_miles?l=en&nodeid=1230760

US Airways

Miles may be earned worldwide on all scheduled US Airways, US Airways Express, US Airways Shuttle and since May 21, 2006 on all America West operated US Airways flights.

therefore so long as it is a US flight number you should be fine ( provided of course it is a booking class which earns miles )

ANCFlyer

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Yes. It's not HP anymore. It's US (yeah, yeah, separate certificates etc, I know) . . . . your US Account has been merged with the HP account - several months ago in fact - and it's all Dividend Miles . . .

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):
do HP flight numbers even exist anymore ?

Yes. Many threads in here about the adjusting of flights numbers through the US/Hp system. But both carriers stll operating under separate certificates.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

JJJ
Topic Author

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Flight is HP operated and under an HP flight number (HP596) so I guess I won't be lucky.

Maverick623

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting JJJ (Reply 3):
Flight is HP operated and under an HP flight number (HP596) so I guess I won't be lucky.

No, you should still earn your miles. As stated, all West operations are still coded HP, but all the alliance stuff and accounts have been merged.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

BMIFlyer

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 pm

You will be fine.

HP is officially a "part" of Star Alliance now, until the full US/HP merger is complete, when it will simply be US.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

kiwiandrew

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 4):
No, you should still earn your miles. As stated, all West operations are still coded HP, but all the alliance stuff and accounts have been merged.

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 5):
HP is officially a "part" of Star Alliance now, until the full US/HP merger is complete, when it will simply be US.

logically you should - but that is not what the LH miles and more website says - there is absolutely no mention of HP coded flights earning points ( I am not saying that they don't , just that M&M do not mention that they do )

ANCFlyer

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Quoting JJJ (Reply 3):

I guess you missed this part:

Miles may be earned worldwide on all scheduled US Airways, US Airways Express, US Airways Shuttle and since May 21, 2006 on all America West operated US Airways flights.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

JJJ
Topic Author

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:48 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 7):
I guess you missed this part:

I took that to mean America West flights operated with a US flight no.

Good to see I was wrong  Smile

flyboyaz

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:08 am

All flight numbers of US and HP are the same now, so even if you are on HP29 for example, it's also US29....and we only have one FF program now so all *A miles qualify. The HP designator will go away in a couple of weeks when the systems are merged...everything will be US and of course but the flights may say operated by HP because of the operating certs. Those will be merged in April/May.
Catch a ride on a smile!

Boston92

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:06 am

Even before the merger, you could earn US miles on LH, because Dividend Miles in the *A. You could not use Flight Fund though. However, after the merger, FlightFund went away and now there is only Dividend Miles, which has always worked for LH

However (Again), there was a quite long time period AFTER the merger where FlightFund and Dividend had NOT merged. Since, they have, and you will be fine.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"