CanJet Delays

Sat Jul 22, 2000 1:34 pm

I think that canjet is running into problem scince originally they were to have there online booking available in june then they bumped it up to july and it still isnt up what do you all think?

airman99o

RE: CanJet Delays

Sun Jul 23, 2000 2:45 am

I am not so sure about this airline. I had an interview with them in the begining of June. They said that they were going to be flying at the end of August. Well I still haven;t heard anything on this airline starting and I still haven't heard anything back for the hiriing so I am not holding my breath. Mind you hopefully they start soon so Air Canada / Canadian will have some competition here in Atlantic Canada!!

Airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

AC183

RE: CanJet Delays

Sun Jul 23, 2000 3:07 am

Before they are allowed to start operations, or even sell tickets, Transport Canada has to approve them, and their aircraft have to be imported, registered, and recieve airworthiness authority. As happened in previous startups (VistaJet, WestJet, Greyhound, etc...) this is taking more time than they anticipated. They should be in the air by labour day weekend, although probably not much sooner. They are currently training crews, and preparing to open their call centre, so I expect they'll be selling tickets within the next 2 or 3 weeks.