deltajet757

What Is "Clock" On Delta's 757's?

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:12 pm

I found this somewhat odd. There is a small logo on the nose section just below the cockpit windows on both sides of a few of DL's 757's that says "Clock" on it.
N635DL and N900PC have clock logos on them. Are there any others?

I assume "Clock" is for the entertainment or communications. I could be wrong about that.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Adam Wright
View Large View Medium

Photo © Agustin Anaya

View Large View Medium

Photo © Matthew C. Lyons
View Large View Medium

Photo © Matt Coleman - Nashville Aviation Photographers

Sorry if you can't see the "Clock" logo very well. There aren't very many photos of the A/C with "Clock."

-DeltaJet757
FLY DELTA JETS

LawnDart

RE: What Is "Clock" On Delta's 757's?

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Quoting DeltaJet757 (Thread starter):
There is a small logo on the nose section just below the cockpit windows on both sides of a few of DL's 757's that says "Clock" on it.

Quoting DeltaJet757 (Thread starter):
I assume "Clock" is for the entertainment or communications. I could be wrong about that.

The "Clock" actually says "Clockwork", but the work is in smaller font and to the lower right, with the hands of a clock pointing off to the upper and lower right. Clockwork refers to the "continuous hub" project that Delta Air Lines instituted in ATL a couple of years back, where instead of flights arriving in structured waves and departing the same way, the all flew in, spent xx amount of time on the ground and flew out continuously.

The system has since been heavily modified as the goons in revenue management determined the loss of revenue from increased connect time versus other carriers (the average connection went up a few minutes) didn't make up for the cost savings of getting higher utilization of the fleet.

I am scepti...skeptik...I doubt it.

jetjeanes

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Looks like clock works??? were these old song planes
i can see for 80 miles

jetjeanes

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Dl bought this bird from Shanghi Airlines???
i can see for 80 miles

LawnDart

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Quoting JetJeanes (Reply 3):
Dl bought this bird from Shanghi Airlines???

Boeing built it for Shanghai, never delivered...Boeing sold it to DL instead...