Andriyko
Topic Author

Q Re Realistic Min Conec Times

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Hello to everyone.
I'd like to ask what is a realistic connection times at SFO when connecting from KL flight from Amsterdam to a NW flight to HNL. I understand that we'll have to clear immigration and customs at the first port of entry and will have to collect our luggage.
I'd also like to know the same for transferring at SEA from a NW flight to AMS to a NW flight to HNL.

Thanks!

SA7700

RE: Q Re Realistic Min Conec Times

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Quoting Andriyko (Thread starter):
I'd also like to know the same for transferring at SEA from a NW flight to AMS to a NW flight to HNL.

This doesn't seem to make sense?! Either way, if you make use of NW HNL-SEA-AMS or AMS-SEA-HNL, the minimum recommended connecting time is 90 minutes.

I'd like to ask what is a realistic connection times at SFO when connecting from KL flight from Amsterdam to a NW flight to HNL.

Minimum recommended time is 105 minutes. However, I would say 120 minutes - in January I arrived on United from SYD, at the same time an OZ flight arrived from ICN. The customs process took quite some time and even after that we had quite a wait for our baggage. Experiences may vary, however this is my recommendation….

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

Andriyko
Topic Author

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:12 pm

transferring at SEA from a NW flight to AMS to a NW flight to HNL

Sorry, I meant to write "from AMS"

Andriyko
Topic Author

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks for the info!

FutureFO

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 am

180 minutes. Clear customs, immigration claim bags. Drop bags. Go out of security, change terminals, reclear security. And then board the plane.
I Don't know where I am anymore