SLCUT2777
Topic Author

Delta: Nigeria To/from ATL!

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:45 am

Delta Air Lines has announced service to Lagos, Nigeria (LOS) from it's Atlanta hub: http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...ories/2007/02/21/0222bizlagos.html This will be the 3rd destination on the African subcontinent for DL. They also serve ACC and JNB, as well as DXB on the Arabian penninsula.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

OA412
Crew

RE: Delta: Nigeria To/from ATL!

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:50 am

Great news for DL! I expected they'd announce LOS service sooner or later but I figured it would be from JFK rather than ATL. Still, I'd expect that this will likely be a great route for DL. Certainly, it will cut down flight times between the US and LOS. Obviously I'd expect a lot of traffic flying IAH-ATL-LOS.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

md90fan

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:51 am

Great...another long flight on those disgusting 763s  yuck 
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

worldtraveler

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:51 am

DL is going after the African market like it has done to eastern Europe. DL can make practically any route work from ATL.

They will do well on this and have enough time to get all of the operational hurdles - which will be there - overcome.

Interesting that the article says that DL will use 767s with PTVs at all seats since the 763ER will have to be used because of the range and DL doesn't have PTVs in coach on those....

you will see DL continue to push the 767s into new ultra long-haul markets for the 767.

Evan767

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:53 am

Yes! I am extremely extremely happy! Thanks for posting! It's been awhile since a "Another Big Route For DL" thread has popped up!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

gigneil

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:54 am

Delta also serves Dakar, Senegal. This is their 4th African destination.

NS

BigGSFO

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:56 am

Great for DL for being the first major US airline to serve Africa in quite some time. Apparently they have worked out any safety issues to operate service to LOS.

SLCUT2777
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:00 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 5):
Delta also serves Dakar, Senegal. This is their 4th African destination.

Thanks for the clarification Neil. DKR, ACC, JNB & now LOS=4

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 2):
Great...another long flight on those disgusting 763s

Give it time my friend, perhaps it could go up to something better! 772ER? 787?

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 3):
DL is going after the African market like it has done to eastern Europe. DL can make practically any route work from ATL.

Keep in mind that many industry analysts rate Africa as a high growth and high profit potential region just as they do Asia. DL isn't sitting around waiting for a China route authority. They will take a good look at what works and just keep doing it. Thanks for all the replies!
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

Evan767

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:00 am

It states in the article that Cairo is the biggest O&D market in Africa from ATL, if I understand it correctly. Is this a sign of things to come? Via JFK perhaps?

Looks like this will be the longest DL 763ER nonstop flight.

CALMSP

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:03 am

lets see how this holds up.........wasnt there some sort of problem b/t the us and nigeria about letting CO or Virgin Nigeria fly the route??

worldtraveler

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:07 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 7):
Keep in mind that many industry analysts rate Africa as a high growth and high profit potential region just as they do Asia.

DL is deploying its 767s to many high growth int'l regions - Africa, South America, and Eastern Europe. all are strongly growing and DL is the only major carrier that serves Africa and Eastern Europe.

The Middle East is also fast growing and the 767 does have the range to fly there from the US.  Smile just think what DL can do if they put winglets on the 767s.

Evan767

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 10):
The Middle East is also fast growing and the 767 does have the range to fly there from the US.

I don't know if you really want to call it middle east, more like Mediterranean, but the 763 can do JFK-TLV, which as many have said will happen eventually.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:23 am

"Pro

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 10):
The Middle East is also fast growing and the 767 does have the range to fly there from the US.

At this time, DL Can't use the 763ER's to the Mid East due to crew rest issues because of the stage length--over 12hrs west bound.

D L X

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:26 am

That is not only great news for Delta, but great news for Nigeria! A one-stop connection to practically every notable city can only be good.

drerx7

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:27 am

Now if only the 767 would originate at IAH and fly IAH-ATL-LOS. The DXB flight number originates at IAH--but with EK starting IAH-DXB no tellin'.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

pwm2txlhopper

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 am

Does anybody know if the crew and aircraft will be overnighting in LOS, or will they both be getting the hell out of there as soon as possible for a safer location to overnight? I once read an article about how certain western carriers deemed LOS to be too much of a security risk for crew overnights. It went on to describe how flights would arrive, off-load passengers and cargo, and then the crew would ferry the aircraft to Accra to overnight, before a fresh crew would would ferry it back to LOS the next day for the return.

timo007

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:47 am

As long as Continental doesn't start Nigeria service I think Delta will make a killing on this. I work for the oil industry in Houston and I am sure we could fill up the business class section on a 767 just between the Exxon, Shell, BP, Chevron and Total. A lot of the Nigeria E&P activity takes place in Houston, and we are constantly sending people through AMS and CDG to Nigeria, so this would be much easier.

Cheers,

Timo

crownvic

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Delta chose this route to fly all the hundreds of thousands of lottery winners who have been contacted by email from some bogus barrister that they have won a ton of money!!!

worldtraveler

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 12):
At this time, DL Can't use the 763ER's to the Mid East due to crew rest issues because of the stage length--over 12hrs west bound.

the operative phrase being "at this time". ATL-LOS is approx 200 miles further than JFK-TLV or CAI. obviously, DL has plans to equip their 767s for flights over 12 hrs in order to meet the requirements of their pilot contract. of course, the pilots are only to happy to see another long-haul flight.

I haven't seen the schedule but I'm sure the plane will turn around and leave in a couple hours but the crew will remain overnight...protected by armed guards.

SLCUT2777
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting Crownvic (Reply 17):
Delta chose this route to fly all the hundreds of thousands of lottery winners who have been contacted by email from some bogus barrister that they have won a ton of money!!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  Make my evening! Just mark such email as being SPAM! "Symantec" will enjoy blowing such into cyberspace!!!

ADXMatt

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:25 pm

Quoting CALMSP (Reply 9):
lets see how this holds up.........wasnt there some sort of problem b/t the us and nigeria about letting CO or Virgin Nigeria fly the route??

From what I remember CO was supposed to start Lagos last year but decided not too due to the security and all of the under the table deals that had to take place to get things done. CO is not in the bribery/under the table deals game.

Good luck to Delta if they can get it done.

SLCUT2777
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Quoting ADXMatt (Reply 20):
From what I remember CO was supposed to start Lagos last year but decided not too due to the security and all of the under the table deals that had to take place to get things done. CO is not in the bribery/under the table deals game.

Lets just hope we don't get any bodies popping out of landing gear wells at ATL. That seams to be the greatest security risk to U.S. and European flag carriers going into Africa.

behramjee

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 pm

Im glad to see an American carrier taking the initiative of launching long haul flights nonstop from their US hubs to niche markets in Africa where there is good potential to make money.

If DL sees very high J class loads on this flight as well as high fare paying pax in Economy class over its first year of operations, then I wouldnt be surprised to see them use the larger B 772ER for this route after the B 772LRs start arriving.

PanAm747

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:40 pm

If I remember correctly, didn't CO hold up Virgin Nigeria's operating license to operate into the U.S.? Something to do with Heathrow slots...

If Delta can make ATL-LOS work, then maybe we'll see CO eventually do IAH-LOS or IAH-EWR-LOS.

Congrats to Delta for making this work!!
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

cofannyc

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 24):
If I remember correctly, didn't CO hold up Virgin Nigeria's operating license to operate into the U.S.? Something to do with Heathrow slots...

I believe CO and Virgin Nigeria have been bickering over the NYC-LOS route for a while. CO opposing Virgin Nigeria on the basis of the degree of British ownership in Virgin Nigeria. Then Nigeria denied CO as retaliation. So while CO and Virgin Nigeria fought over NYC-LOS, DL decided to open ATL-LOS....a route no one was disputing and didn't become part of a political battle. Smart if you ask me.

IADLHR

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 18):
I haven't seen the schedule but I'm sure the plane will turn around and leave in a couple hours but the crew will remain overnight...protected by armed guards

If I remember correctly wasnt that one of the problems with CO? You have armed guards but whats to stop from being bribed too and look the other way. I would not be surprised if between now and December that DL decides to ferry the crew out for safetys sake. It just seems like the risk is much too high. Either that or maybe the flight will be canceled before December.

drerx7

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:32 pm

Quoting COFanNYC (Reply 25):
I believe CO and Virgin Nigeria have been bickering over the NYC-LOS route for a while. CO opposing Virgin Nigeria on the basis of the degree of British ownership in Virgin Nigeria. Then Nigeria denied CO as retaliation. So while CO and Virgin Nigeria fought over NYC-LOS, DL decided to open ATL-LOS....a route no one was disputing and didn't become part of a political battle. Smart if you ask me.

I believe it was the US government though and not CO particularly.

fewsolarge

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:48 pm

Back on topic ... LOS has been one to watch for DL. I don't doubt that they'll do very well, although as others have mentioned, it will be a logistical challenge. Can't wait to hear a boarding announcement in Yoruba on Concourse E!

drerx7

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Yall calm down lets not stoop too low and fight boo boo with boo boo.

On topic...what are the chances of Delta just originating a 767 at IAH--because they could sell out of the front cabin and half of the Y with just Houston passengers.

cofannyc

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 30):
I believe it was the US government though and not CO particularly.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. CO opposed Virgin Nigeria on the basis of its relationship with Virgin in the CO response to the DOT. Then the DOT chose to investigate the issue further.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:58 pm

I'll believe it when it's approved by the respective governments and a DL plane actually lands in LOS. Of course an official DL press release wouldn't hurt either Wink.
E pur si muove -Galileo

102IAHexpress

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 35):
I'll believe it when it's approved by the respective governments and a DL plane actually lands in LOS. Of course an official DL press release wouldn't hurt either .

I agree.
I’m not drinking the kool-aid just yet. But I hope the flight happens though; we need more US Africa routes.

NorthstarBoy

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:26 pm

Good luck to DL, i hope they make a mint!

On the issue of overnighting crews, would it be legal for DL to have the return flight crew deadhead in from Atlanta on the inbound flight, they take over in Los, and the inbound flight crew deadheads back to Atl?

I also wonder if this is a new application, or if they're simply reactivating a dormant Pan Am authority that they already own?
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

risingphoenix

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 32):
On the issue of overnighting crews, would it be legal for DL to have the return flight crew deadhead in from Atlanta on the inbound flight, they take over in Los, and the inbound flight crew deadheads back to Atl?

No. Deadheading is still considered "duty time"- so to deadhead over to LOS, and work back would exceed duty time limitations.

blrBird

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:31 pm

WOW, This is great if it truly happens! Surely I'll take this flight instead of going through EU. At 5843 mi (Great Circle map) this one is going to be one long flight on 767.
from star dust....

BHMNONREV

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Quoting Timo007 (Reply 16):
As long as Continental doesn't start Nigeria service I think Delta will make a killing on this. I work for the oil industry in Houston and I am sure we could fill up the business class section on a 767 just between the Exxon, Shell, BP, Chevron and Total. A lot of the Nigeria E&P activity takes place in Houston, and we are constantly sending people through AMS and CDG to Nigeria, so this would be much easier.

I flew AMS-DTW in November of last year, and probably 30-40% of the passengers on the flight had originated in LOS on KLM metal and had some sort of ties to the oil industry. I don't believe there is any question this flight has enormous potential, especially if as several others have stated here they can get some marketing done in Houston and make this a IAH-ATL-LOS run...

Just my .02 worth..

brons2

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 2):
Great...another long flight on those disgusting 763s yuck

Quoting BlrBird (Reply 34):
WOW, This is great if it truly happens! Surely I'll take this flight instead of going through EU. At 5843 mi (Great Circle map) this one is going to be one long flight on 767.

It's 5043 nm (nautical miles). The published range of the 763ER is 6105 nm, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Still, it is indeed a very long 767 flight. Roughly the same as LAX-FRA.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

mtsubshe

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 pm

i just flew jfk-dxb and back on emirates, and the flight was full bothways, not even one empyt seat ,in economy class, it was airbus flying eastbound, and the seats were so tight, and congested, but to west bound it was boein 777-300 er, with widened seats,little more comfy than airbus, when delta starts dubai, i will be definitely flying on it, insted of going through newyork, i was back in newyork 735 in the morning, and with my connecting flight to atlanta, i got home at 735 in the night, 12 hrs to get to atl from newyork.

IADLHR

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 30):
I'll believe it when it's approved by the respective governments and a DL plane actually lands in LOS. Of course an official DL press release wouldn't hurt either

Exactly. I also note the this "announcement" comes a bit less than 10 months from the proposed start date. I cant remember an announcement coming, from DL or anyone, so far out from the start date before. It all leads me to think that there are many ducks that have to be lined up yet before the first flight takes off. What makes anyone think that Virgin Nigeria wont make an issue of this flight too.

africawings

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Put a 777 on the route and I'll switch to Delta on the route. A 763 can make the run but I'd rather spend 5 hours extra going through Europe for the comfort of a 777; A330 or A 340-600.

deltadawg

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Not too surprising if it is indeed true. I have seen nothing out of DL yet confirming but then again that does not mean a whole lot.

However, I would have expected CAI first over LOS. Either way, I believe LOS will work well for DL. After LOS, what other African destinations could we expect from DL - Cairo, Nairobi, Rabat, Kinshasa?

Anybody know how the JNB/DKR loads are doing?
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

DAL767400ER

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 pm

Quoting IADLHR (Reply 38):
Exactly. I also note the this "announcement" comes a bit less than 10 months from the proposed start date. I cant remember an announcement coming, from DL or anyone, so far out from the start date before.

Well, CO last year announced their plans to start CLE-CDG service in 2008, close to 2 years before launch  Wink . Nonetheless,

Quoting IADLHR (Reply 38):
What makes anyone think that Virgin Nigeria wont make an issue of this flight too.

issues like these also make believe an announcement when I hear it directly from the horse's mouth, DL in this case, and have confirmation that the flight actually has all the necessary approvals.

SLCUT2777
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 40):
Not too surprising if it is indeed true. I have seen nothing out of DL yet confirming but then again that does not mean a whole lot.

However, I would have expected CAI first over LOS. Either way, I believe LOS will work well for DL. After LOS, what other African destinations could we expect from DL - Cairo, Nairobi, Rabat, Kinshasa?

Usually the AJC is a pretty good source for DL news, even before DL announces it. As for future African destinations for DL from ATL or NYC-JFK, I think Cairo is a very safe assumption followed by perhaps Rabat & Nairobi more distantly. Kinshasa I think will be a long shot at best for a while since they have perhaps the greatest security risks of any of them.

EXAAUADL

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:53 pm

I hope DL brings along suitcases of cash to ensure everything in Lagos runs smoothly

IADLHR

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:01 am

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 43):
I hope DL brings along suitcases of cash to ensure everything in Lagos runs smoothly

Too much of that and it will be no time before yields take a nosedive and the flight becomes unprofitable.

panamair

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:17 am

Wow, flight schedules are already loaded on delta.com:

DL 50 ATL 4:25pm LOS 9:25am+1 763ER Block time: 11:00
DL 57 LOS 11:25am ATL 6:20pm 763ER Block time: 12:55

EXAAUADL

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:24 am

Takes more than one plane.

AAflyguy

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:25 am

Here's the News Release:

Press Release Source: Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Delta Boosts Investment in Africa With Addition of First Nonstop Flights Between Atlanta and Lagos, Nigeria
Thursday February 22, 10:00 am ET
Route marks fourth African destination added by Delta in last year; solidifies airline's position as the only major U.S. carrier to offer flights to fast-growing Africa

ATLANTA, Feb. 22, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines will continue its industry-leading growth in Africa with the addition of daily nonstop flights between the world's largest airline hub in Atlanta and Africa's fast-growing commercial center of Lagos, Nigeria, effective Dec. 3, 2007*. The new flights will be the only scheduled nonstop service offered by a major airline between the United States and Nigeria and will offer customers three to six hours in time savings versus existing one-stop connections via Europe.
ADVERTISEMENT

The new Atlanta-Lagos route builds on the success of more than 50 new international routes added in the last year as part of an ambitious transformation of Delta's route system that aims to further diversify customer choice with more nonstop flights to Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. In December, Delta became the only major U.S. carrier to offer flights to Africa with the introduction of service between New York-JFK and Accra, Ghana and between Atlanta and Johannesburg, South Africa via Dakar, Senegal. In November, Delta opened the world's only nonstop route between New York-JFK and Mumbai, India. And most recently, Delta filed an application with the U.S. Department of Transportation for the authority to fly nonstop from Atlanta to Shanghai, China, beginning in 2008.

''Delta's new service to Nigeria is another example of our airline's spirit of innovation and commitment to creating time savings and value for customers,'' said Jim Whitehurst, chief operating officer. ''The recent launches of new flights to Accra, Ghana and Johannesburg, South Africa have proven to be very popular with Delta customers and we are pleased to extend the same service and time advantages to customers traveling between Nigeria and the Americas.''

Added Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin, ''Delta continues to be a leader in attracting more trade, tourism and international investment to Atlanta and our region through robust route development and growth. It is no small feat that in the last year Delta has added more than 20 new international routes from Atlanta and has made this the busiest year ever for international traffic at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. I applaud Delta for its continued commitment to increasing Atlanta's international linkages and am pleased to partner with our hometown airline once again as they open a new corridor of commerce between Hartsfield-Jackson and one of our proud sister cities.''

Delta will operate the new flights between Atlanta and Lagos with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a two-class configuration featuring BusinessElite, Delta's award-winning business class service. Customers choosing to fly BusinessElite will enjoy Delta's recently enhanced service, including more comfortable seats with all-leather coverings, improved leg rests and more comfortable cushioning throughout the seat; enhanced in-seat entertainment featuring more than 20 first-run and popular classic movies, a variety of TV programs, a broad range of music and a suite of 12 video games; and the same 60 inches of legroom that has made BusinessElite a customer favorite.

Flights between Atlanta and Lagos will be available for sale to customers today at delta.com and via other ticketing channels and are scheduled as follows:

Flight Departs Arrives Effective Frequency
50 Atlanta at Lagos at Dec. 3, Daily
4:25 p.m. 9:25 a.m.** 2007
57 Lagos at Atlanta at Dec. 4, Daily
11:25 a.m. 6:20 p.m. 2007

**Arrives next day

Delta's flagship hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world's largest airline hub. Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer nearly 1,000 peak-day departures to 243 nonstop destinations from Atlanta - more nonstop flights and destinations than any airline hub in the world. Delta's Atlanta hub is one of the fastest growing international gateways in the United States, with more than 20 new international markets added in the last year. Atlanta is the home of Delta's largest international hub with flights to 72 international destinations in 45 countries.

Delta Air Lines (Other OTC:DALRQ.PK - News) offers customers service to more destinations than any global airline with Delta and Delta Connection carrier service to 304 destinations in 52 countries. With more than 50 new international routes added in the last year, Delta is America's fastest growing international airline and is a leader across the Atlantic with flights to 31 trans-Atlantic destinations. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offers nearly 600 weekly flights to 58 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on more than 14,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers flights to 453 worldwide destinations in 97 countries. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at delta.com.

The Delta logo is available at http://www.primezone.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1825

*Subject to foreign government approval

panamair

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:33 am

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 46):
Takes more than one plane.

Which will be ok since it's starting in winter where there are extra 763ERs anyway. By the time spring/summer 2008 comes around where they will need all the international aircraft they can muster, they should have all the ex-TW 752s already as well as the initial 2 772LRs (as well as additional conversions of the 764ERs).

COEI2007

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:38 am

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 15):
Does anybody know if the crew and aircraft will be overnighting in LOS, or will they both be getting the hell out of there as soon as possible for a safer location to overnight? I once read an article about how certain western carriers deemed LOS to be too much of a security risk for crew overnights. It went on to describe how flights would arrive, off-load passengers and cargo, and then the crew would ferry the aircraft to Accra to overnight, before a fresh crew would would ferry it back to LOS the next day for the return.

Quoting Timo007 (Reply 16):

Quoting ADXMatt (Reply 20):

Good luck to Delta if they can get it done.

I'm curious to see what the routing will be. CO had planned to fly EWR-LOS-ACC, with the crew overnighting in ACC, and a new crew flying ACC-EWR, just to overcome the security issues. I know the crew were still not happy with flying into LOS, and this, coupled with logistical hell, led to CO not launching the route. However, if DL manage to pull it off, I could see CO launching flights. IAH to LOS would have a large J demand, and I dont think CO will ignore somewhere it can make money!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos