ferdinando

Increased Performance Of 772LR

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:47 am

I read on ATWonline of february 2007 something about increased performance of 772LR.
Is there anyone who knows the new still air range (301 pax) with three auxiliary tanks
and at which take-off weight?
Is it possible to install on the version of 772LR for AI six auxiliary tanks and which increase
of range?

kaitak744

RE: Increased Performance Of 772LR

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:52 am

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/3267999/

Quoting Ferdinando (Thread starter):
Is it possible to install on the version of 772LR for AI six auxiliary tanks and which increase
of range?

That would do nothing but eat into valuable cargo space.

sixtyseven

RE: Increased Performance Of 772LR

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 am

Ferdinando.

Thats an interesting question. I was at work the other day and ran into ACs Fleet Manager for the 777. He told me the Aux tanks in question were not ordered by AC. I asked him why we wouldn't and he told me that the tanks have not be certified by Boeing. There is a third party out there that will be offering removable tanks but nobody that has ordered the -LR has bothered yet.

One of the reasons is apparently the aircraft still has super long legs anyhow and that AC didn't need the range the aux tanks would provide at this point plus it would reduce cargo capacity as well. Two of the routes he mentioned were YYZ-BKK and SYD. He also mentioned quickly that even with the tanks you would run into a problem for suitable alternates because even with the tanks you would have to fly a non standard route. I'm not sure the logic behind that.

Hope that helps.
Stand-by for new ATIS message......