ek-a380

Emirates Flight Delays & Inflight Services

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Hello,

I have been monitoring Emirates flights for some weeks departing Dubai and have noticed a pattern of continuous delays by upto an hour, in some cases a bit more and wondered what the reason for this was?

Having travelled through Dubai with EK last year myself I did notice that they had outgrown the current terminal and were having to use remote stands and buses again to transport passengers from the terminal building to the aircraft.

Is this the major reason for the delays?

I had heard that a new dedicated Emirates terminal is due to open this year, does anybody have any further information or even pictures of this.

Emirates was the original middle eastern airline to revitalise, refine and air travel across the globe with fellow major airlines following suit in many areas such as PTV's in all classes but I cant help feeling that they need to have a look at their in flight product in all classes and product consistency on all aircraft to keep up with things. Otherwise they risk being left behind in terms of product by the likes of Etihad and Qatar and this would be a real shame.

6thfreedom

RE: Emirates Flight Delays & Inflight Services

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Quoting Ek-a380 (Thread starter):
I have been monitoring Emirates flights for some weeks departing Dubai and have noticed a pattern of continuous delays by upto an hour, in some cases a bit more and wondered what the reason for this was?

Having travelled through Dubai with EK last year myself I did notice that they had outgrown the current terminal and were having to use remote stands and buses again to transport passengers from the terminal building to the aircraft.

For a hub carrier like EK, i would say that they are delaying the service for connections for a delayed incoming service.

If, for example, there are 70 pax on a flight from LHR connecting on to the DXB-SYD service, they would probably hold it back for up to an hour, so these people to make the connections.

Irritating for the pax already on board, but a 1 hour delay on a 15 hour sector can be made up with favourable winds, or reduced significantly...

CV580Freak

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:26 pm

Runway 12R/30L is still closed for resurfacing (2nd attempt) which is causing major delays.
One day you are the pigeon, the next the statue ...

rdwootty

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:46 am

I am sorry to say but I do think Etihad has better cabin environment ( especially seating) and so on . Emirates did pack them in and it is now showing.