Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

beechnut

RE: AC 777 Status

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:44 am

Quoting SixtySeven (Reply 44):
Could it be that they leased, then bought them back?

Or is that not in your prospectus.

No, the prospectus clearly indicates that they were a conditional purchase direct from Airbus, financed until 2019.

Beech

sebring

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:45 am

Quoting AC777LR (Reply 45):

Dave I think its a frosted Green, mint shade.

AC actually calls it Frost Green

Very nice plane in the sky on a day like today, when YYZ is covered in fresh white.

sixtyseven

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 am

Well then, I stand totally corrected. I thought the "juice" I had been given was good but alas, I am wrong (better not let the wife hear that).

Before the -500s go watch for them to possibly start YVR-SYD non-stop. Or perhaps you guys know that already. I come here for my "rumors" which mostly turn out to be true.

As a funny aside, at the airline when I used to be on the CRJ we'd often get last minute aircraft changes. They always proved to be a complete Pain in the Rear. Hauling all your stuff out. Funny enough, many times it would be the CARA guy changing out the galleys who would be the first to know. He'd tell ya "nah, this thing's going to St Louis".

You'd have the flight plan, talk to the ramp guys, maybe call STOC to find out what the heck was going on. In the end the guy putting the food on knew first. It was uncanny at times, it seemed that CARA was doing the fleet managing as somtimes the company didn't know what the hell we were talking about. Often I would leave the flight deck asking the CARA guys what numbers were coming up in the nights daily lottery. They'd generally smirk and say, "you mean telling you you were on the wrong plane wasn't enough??!!"

LOL.

amirs

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:40 am

on what routes are the 77L and 77W alreadt scheduled to flt for with AC?
Any chance TLV?

chrisa330

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:44 am

YYZ-LHR/FRA/HKG/NRT/PVG and YVR-NRT seem to be the first routes to see the 777s.

multimark

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Quoting SixtySeven (Reply 34):
The word in the 340 fleet is that by the end of the year, the "four holed plastic death jet" will be no more.

Easy on the hyperbole cowboy. The A340 are certainly not death jets, and were welcomed by AC pax when they were introduced into service (how soon people forget). I recognize the 777 is more efficient, but I will miss watching the A340 on its slow climb out of YVR, it made for excellent spotting  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos