jimyvr

JAL/jetStar Reached Codeshare Deal Agreement

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm

JAL and jetStar has reached a deal to offer codeshare flights operated by jetStar on Japan-Australia route.

JAL hopes to codeshare with jetStar as early as 25MAR07, however, this is still under government approval.

In one of the first codeshare deal between full service and LCC carrier, only passengers purchase JAL ticket with JL flight number will receive full meal and drink service. Those who purchase with jetStar with JQ flight number will not receive any free meals. However, alcoholic beverage service is still under discussion.

JAL will have the ability to sell as many seats on jetStar it wants.

The new codeshare will have minimal effect after JAL pulls out Osaka-Brisbane-Sydney-Osaka on 24MAR07

http://www.travelvision.jp/modules/news1/article.php?storyid=27964
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

6thfreedom

RE: JAL/jetStar Reached Codeshare Deal Agreement

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:30 pm

This has been around for about 12 months... when JAL first threatened to withdraw KIX-BNE services, but were 'saved' by the Australian tourism minister...

This was always going to be JAL holding off until JQ was ready to commence.

jumboforever

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Quoting Jimyvr (Thread starter):
In one of the first codeshare deal between full service and LCC carrier, only passengers purchase JAL ticket with JL flight number will receive full meal and drink service. Those who purchase with jetStar with JQ flight number will not receive any free meals

This is going to be so much fun...  sarcastic  Imagine the scene.

-You poor Aussie travelling on JQ, You no meal
-You wealthy Japanese travelling on JL, You meal

Pathetic...

JumboForever

VHVXB

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Quoting JumboForever (Reply 2):

WTF is that supposed to mean?????

jumboforever

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 3):
Quoting JumboForever (Reply 2):

WTF is that supposed to mean?????

This isn't meant to offend Australian citizen, but try to imagine how it's gonna work. Australians citizens will most likely travel on tickets with JQ flight numbers while Japanese citizens will most likely travel on tickets with JL flight number.
The way I said it was deliberatly provocative; but I think this code share idea with differents service within the same class upon your flight number is really pathetic. I feel sorry for the F/A who will have ti handle this!

Just my 2p. Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Regards,

cx777fan

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:50 pm

I'd be pretty peeved if I was a pax who payed lots of yen for what I thought was a JL seat on a JL plane with top notch JL service and ended up on a pretty ordinary LCC. Yes, good that a hot meal will still be free. Making Japanese pax pay for grog on an int'l flight will be a very big ask however. So will making JQ pax look on in envy while the JL pax get sozzled gratis. Free drinks on JQ for all KIX-BNE flights?

I suppose however that while this is possibly the first LCC/full Service codeshere, there are plenty of of other examples of codeshares between airlines of enormously differing levels of quality and service. (SQ/UA, NH/UA, BA/AA, QF/LA, etc etc).

VHVXB

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:54 pm

Quoting JumboForever (Reply 4):

cheers thanks for your clarification

Quoting CX777Fan (Reply 5):
plenty of of other examples of codeshares between airlines of enormously differing levels of quality and service. (SQ/UA, NH/UA, BA/AA, QF/LA, etc etc).

a very valid point you raise here

TBCITDG

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:02 pm

What are they thinking!
How can a full service airline code share with a "no frills" airline!
I am really, as posted above, how bad will things be on board when some passengers have to pay and others don't irrespective of where they are all seated!
Maybe they'll get a tag or something so they can get the "frills" at no extra charge . . . you know . . . like they do in one of those "all inclusive hotels!
jejejejejejeje
Way to go Japan Airlines!

banghead 

PEET7G

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:52 pm

Isn't this going to complicate logistics for JQ? All the benefits of the LCC model will run down the drain as soon as you have a few full paying passengers on board who you will have to please JL style... hmm... wonder how this will work out.
Peet7G

6thfreedom

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Quoting TBCITDG (Reply 7):
What are they thinking!
How can a full service airline code share with a "no frills" airline!

Quoting PEET7G (Reply 8):
Isn't this going to complicate logistics for JQ? All the benefits of the LCC model will run down the drain as soon as you have a few full paying passengers on board who you will have to please JL style... hmm... wonder how this will work out.

Guys, this is already happening.
nothing new.

JQ flight from SIN to CNS via DRW is mostly QF connecting pax from Europe.
and guess what?? all pax get a free meal.

The JQ model is all about cost reduction.
has nothing to do with low fares etc..