cambrian

Bmibaby To Join Diamond Club

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:37 am

I just had an email from the Diamond Club- bmibaby are joining the Diamond Club- miles will soon be earnable on bmibaby flights.

Will this mean that bmibaby is also joining Star Alliance?

UK_Dispatcher

RE: Bmibaby To Join Diamond Club

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting Cambrian (Thread starter):
Will this mean that bmibaby is also joining Star Alliance?

bmibaby as an entity will not meet the requirements of a global alliance. However, maybe we will see bmibaby merged into bmi. The fact that Diamond Club is to incorporate bmibaby would certainly point that way. I actually hope this is the case as it would create a strong bmi, especially with the BMed acquisition. Maybe bmi's time really is coming!

BrianDromey

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 1):
However, maybe we will see bmibaby merged into bmi. The fact that Diamond Club is to incorporate bmibaby would certainly point that way. I actually hope this is the case as it would create a strong bmi, especially with the BMed acquisition. Maybe bmi's time really is coming!

I got the e-mail as well. Not much info, but its more what is not said than what is!

I agree 100% about the end of bmiBaby as an airline. I think it will stay though as the low-fares brand of bmi group. With 'tiny' fares offered thoughout the network. Why would a LO-CO otherwise have a FFP? I think that WW and bmiRegional will be merged into one entiy, with a mixed ERJ135/145/190 fleet. Mainline may also take over soe of teh higher capacity flying with some of the A319s.

I must say, its very a exciting time for bmi group. I think fridays announcement will realign teh bmi network and onborad service concpet. I look forward to sseing a bmi E-Jet @ ORK operating to MAN and BHX(maybe LHR at a big push!).

Brian.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

BMED

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 am

I got the same email today. As soon as I read it I started wondering about bmibaby turning back into mainline. I still hope bmi regional do expand as it is a great service and not many airlines in the UK operate that level anymore.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be