cambrian

Bmibaby To Join Diamond Club

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:37 am

I just had an email from the Diamond Club- bmibaby are joining the Diamond Club- miles will soon be earnable on bmibaby flights.

Will this mean that bmibaby is also joining Star Alliance?

UK_Dispatcher

RE: Bmibaby To Join Diamond Club

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting Cambrian (Thread starter):
Will this mean that bmibaby is also joining Star Alliance?

bmibaby as an entity will not meet the requirements of a global alliance. However, maybe we will see bmibaby merged into bmi. The fact that Diamond Club is to incorporate bmibaby would certainly point that way. I actually hope this is the case as it would create a strong bmi, especially with the BMed acquisition. Maybe bmi's time really is coming!

BrianDromey

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 1):
However, maybe we will see bmibaby merged into bmi. The fact that Diamond Club is to incorporate bmibaby would certainly point that way. I actually hope this is the case as it would create a strong bmi, especially with the BMed acquisition. Maybe bmi's time really is coming!

I got the e-mail as well. Not much info, but its more what is not said than what is!

I agree 100% about the end of bmiBaby as an airline. I think it will stay though as the low-fares brand of bmi group. With 'tiny' fares offered thoughout the network. Why would a LO-CO otherwise have a FFP? I think that WW and bmiRegional will be merged into one entiy, with a mixed ERJ135/145/190 fleet. Mainline may also take over soe of teh higher capacity flying with some of the A319s.

I must say, its very a exciting time for bmi group. I think fridays announcement will realign teh bmi network and onborad service concpet. I look forward to sseing a bmi E-Jet @ ORK operating to MAN and BHX(maybe LHR at a big push!).

Brian.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

BMED

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 am

I got the same email today. As soon as I read it I started wondering about bmibaby turning back into mainline. I still hope bmi regional do expand as it is a great service and not many airlines in the UK operate that level anymore.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos