FATFlyer
Topic Author

XJet At Fresno - Gate And Counter Space Assigned

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:20 am

Looks like ExpressJet will take 1/2 of Allegiant's ticket counter at FAT and share their bag room.

Flights for ExpressJet will operate out of Gate 16 at the end of the concourse. That gate has been unused.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

whatusaid

RE: XJet At Fresno - Gate And Counter Space Assigned

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:16 am

16? So, down the stairs we go....

I found Xjet's comments at their Fresno launch interesting - how we'd be able to fly to/fr SO Cal cities the same day. Ok, granted, ONT is possible. But, not to SAN. I wish they'd come up with something better to SAN. I noticed they've tweaked ONT some.

SANFan

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 am

Quoting WhatUsaid (Reply 1):
I wish they'd come up with something better to SAN.

You're right about that, What'; they are set up for San Diegans spending (at least part of) the day in FAT, with a mid-afternoon return, but not the other way around. And unless the O&D figures are very misleading, I don't think we'll see an additional flight for a while! I would think if they can, they will rearrange the FAT-SAN schedules... (None of the FAT flights are simple turn's in SAN; they all turn to/from other cities so it might be complicated to move the flights around.)

It's a shame because I (and many of you up in Fresno) feel SAN should be a good, successful route but the limited schedules need to be sensibly timed.

bb

FATFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:17 am

Quoting WhatUsaid (Reply 1):
I found Xjet's comments at their Fresno launch interesting - how we'd be able to fly to/fr SO Cal cities the same day. Ok, granted, ONT is possible. But, not to SAN. I wish they'd come up with something better to SAN. I noticed they've tweaked ONT some.

They claim to be listening to local feedback for future adjustment of schedules and routes. We will see if they figure out that there are a lot of business people in Fresno who would love a one day trip to SAN.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain