PILOT AND FA??

Sat Feb 27, 1999 2:34 pm

can you be a Flight Attendant and a pilot at the same time? [ not on the same flight!] I mean fly one flight as a pilot and come back as a Fa.

RE: PILOT AND FA??

Sat Feb 27, 1999 2:51 pm

You could but pilots get paid alot more then FA's so most of them would not like to. Also a pilots and Fa's job you could go at any time so you will have to work out that. I think most of them would not want to though. Also hours might be a problem.
There are some planes were you are pilots and FA's like British Norman Island.
It could be done but would be alot of work and I do not think it would be really worth it. If you want to be both be a FA while you are doing you pilot training then become a pilot.
Iain

Sat Feb 27, 1999 6:36 pm

i really don't think you can cross utilize that way...you are either cabin crew or cockpit crew. Granted a person can go from working customer service to going to inflight (cabin) after they've been trained; but i really doubt that one could go from Captain to F/A back and forth.

L-188

Sun Feb 28, 1999 4:46 am

I don't think the unions would go for it.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

FLY777UAL

Sun Feb 28, 1999 5:10 am

I don't think the airlines would allow that. FA to Gate Agent is possible.( PeoplExpress did this) I also read somewhere that in order to have short turn-arounds, SW uses pilots to also load bags. Any confirm?