Riddle274
Topic Author

MEDEVAC's

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything under any of the forums on this particular topic. I currently have my Private with instrument rating but my ultimate goal is to fly the MEDEVAC helicopters (particularly Maryland State Police). I was wondering if anyone out there was in this line of work and had any suggestions or hints on getting into this field. Additionally, I am looking to do it with no military history (yes, I know it's harder). Thank you in advance!

JFKspotter

RE: MEDEVAC's

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:18 pm

You probably know this by now, but first obviously your helicopter ratings, instrument and commercial. You didn't specify if your current ratings were fixed wing or rotor. If MSP is what you want, they do fill vacant pilot spots with civilian pilots, so the non-military thing, you could probably get by. I recall their mins being somewhere around 2000 PIC rotor wing time or so. Anything you would want to know is at http://www.mspaviation.org/frames.asp

Good luck- MSP is an excellent place to go for this, their program is among the best in the world.

Riddle274
Topic Author

RE: MEDEVAC's

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm

Yes, maybe I should have clarified, I am currently fixed wing so I need to do my rotorcraft ratings. I believe MSP's minimums are around 3,000 hours right now but I wasn't sure if that was a good number or if they are actually hiring pilots with much more time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos