RJNUT
Topic Author

UA/US Codeshare Gone?

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 pm

Looks like UA/US codeshare has disappeared since last nite's computer merger between HP and US..was there any announcement about that ending, or will it just take time to rebuild the connections in the GDS due to this system merge?

flyboyaz

UA/US Codeshare Gone?

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:10 pm

The new system is up and running today, however it is still restricted in outside GDS's. The codeshare stuff should show up again shortly.
Catch a ride on a smile!

flashmeister

RE: UA/US Codeshare Gone?

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:20 am

According to the advisory page on usairways.com:

US Airways is unable to sell United® code share flights online between March 4 and approximately March 17. You’ll be able to book United® code share flights starting around March 17, 2007. Your existing code share reservations and mileage accrual on United won’t be affected and will continue to be accessible online. You can change a seating assignment or view flight information for existing code share reservations on United Airlines operated flights.

UALPHLCS

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:39 am

I would think that the Star Alliance partnership is one of the reasons US was so valuable to HP. Simply dumping it in the middle of the night was highly unlikely.

With HP management agressively wanting to expand it's overseas flying that Alliance will only become more valuable.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

swaopsusafatc

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:45 am

Today was a mess for US. I flew out of PVD to PHL then rechecked in at PHL to MCO (2 different itinerary's due to a short notice trip) all the self checkin computers were inop at PVD. When I showed up at PHL it was hit or miss with them. Miss for me. I even got a hand written boarding pass, apparently this was only at that checkin position and not a airport wide outage. I went up to the club in PHL and they were unable to print out an itinerary. All the agents had cheat sheets and were VERY unfamiliar with the new system. You would think they would be proficient before bringing it online. I guess not. Kudos to the agents though they were doing the best they could.

Cactus742

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:48 am

Yeah, it doesn't sound like the changover went as smoothly as US anticipated.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0304usAirways-ON.html
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

ouboy79

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:01 am

When does any IT-wide go smoothly with the morons kept on from HP? Anyone know a good investment firm (or firms) looking to buy an airline and move it back east?  Smile

HPRamper

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:34 am

I think it's really weird that some stations (like mine) had absolutely no issues, while others seem to have had some serious problems.

flyboyaz

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:14 am

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 7):
I think it's really weird that some stations (like mine) had absolutely no issues, while others seem to have had some serious problems.

From what I understand, most cities that were on SHARES already had little if any problems. We had zero problems in TUS with US flights...however our system was not able to log into CO SHARES A so we had to use the one kiosk that we have and skycaps to check everyone in. Suprisingly it went smoother than on a regular day...no lines at all!
Catch a ride on a smile!

flyboyaz

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 am

Quoting Ouboy79 (Reply 6):
When does any IT-wide go smoothly with the morons kept on from HP? Anyone know a good investment firm (or firms) looking to buy an airline and move it back east?

Actually EDS handled most of the transition and they were busy trying to fix the cities that handle CO flights....no access to SHARES A. I was on the phone with them for a good 2-3 hours while they brainstormed why it wasn't working.
Catch a ride on a smile!