stylo777

Airline Ticket Codes

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 am

hey guys,
just searched the web, but didn't find anything regarding that. Is there any site which shows me all the airline ticket codes? I mean for example

LH / DLH: 220 - ....
UA / UAL: 016 - ....

Thanks for your help!

Ori

EWRCabincrew

RE: Airline Ticket Codes

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:40 am

You can't cure stupid

swissgabe

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Thread starter):
just searched the web, but didn't find anything regarding that. Is there any site which shows me all the airline ticket codes? I mean for example

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 1):

http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/

http://www.siber.com/sib/travel/airline-codes.txt

http://www.airtimetable.com/IATA_air...s.asp

Just to complete: Airlines Ticket Codes also indicate IATA Airline Codes. In other words, IATA does dedicate all IATA Member carriers with a number. This indicates the individual carriers Ticket stock.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

lincoln

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:11 pm

Quoting Swissgabe (Reply 2):
Just to complete: Airlines Ticket Codes also indicate IATA Airline Codes. In other words, IATA does dedicate all IATA Member carriers with a number. This indicates the individual carriers Ticket stock.

And just to clarify, the ticketing code is the number of the airline who's stock the ticket was issued on, although this is usually the same airline as is flying the flights this is not necessarially true. Just for the sake of an example:

American Airlines 2-letter code is AA, 3-letter is AAL (?), and the IATA code is 001
Continental Airlines 2-letter code is CO, 3-letter is COA, and the IATA code is 005
United Airlines 2-letter code is UA, 3-letter is UAL, and the IATA code is 016

This means that any ticket issued by any of those airlines will begin with those 3 digits, so typically, for example, a United ticket number would be 016xxxxxxxxx. If though, for whatever reason you bought a ticket for a Continental flight that was issued on American ticket stock (I can't think of a good reason off the top of my head for doing this these days, but it is possible) even though the ticket is for travel on Continental (005) the ticket number would be 001xxxxxxxxx.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

stylo777

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:20 pm

thanks for your help!

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 3):
This means that any ticket issued by any of those airlines will begin with those 3 digits, so typically, for example, a United ticket number would be 016xxxxxxxxx. If though, for whatever reason you bought a ticket for a Continental flight that was issued on American ticket stock (I can't think of a good reason off the top of my head for doing this these days, but it is possible) even though the ticket is for travel on Continental (005) the ticket number would be 001xxxxxxxxx.

this is not common, that's deginately true! It's more used for example between alliance carriers, let's say routing like:
ORD - FRA with UA
FRA - DXB with LH
and return.
the ticket stock as well as the ticket number for the FRA-DXB segment on LH would be 016xxxxxxx (UA stock number) and not 220xxxxxx (LH)

PanHAM

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 4):
the ticket stock as well as the ticket number for the FRA-DXB segment on LH would be 016xxxxxxx (UA stock number) and not 220xxxxxx (LH

whoever the issuing carrier is, their code part of the ticket number, Take the above routing, ORD / FRA / DXB and the ticket was bought at UA, the designator is 016. Even the FRA/DXB flight might have a UA flight number if code shared.
Not only on alliances, but generally, IATA documents are interchangeable as long as the carriers have interline agreements.

The airline code does not only apply for tickets but air waybills or MCO's as well.