L-188
Topic Author

Somebody Needs To Tell This Citiation Driver

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 pm

To give it up...he crashed.

First he lands long, with a tailwind on an airstrip that is notam'd as closed to jets.

Then he tries to taxi out of where he ended up.

I have to give him points for persistance and the rooster tails are impressive about minute 3 of the video, but you got to figure that what was left of the motors got eaten away while he was trying to discombobulate himself.

<>
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Francoflier

RE: Somebody Needs To Tell This Citiation Driver

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Quoting L-188 (Thread starter):
I have to give him points for persistance

This video was posted on there a few months ago I remember.

At first I also thought that the guy was so desperate he tried to hydrofoil his way out of the water, but then I heard someone stating that the engine started on its own when the water started shorting all the electricals... Frankly I don't know.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Jayce

RE: Somebody Needs To Tell This Citiation Driver

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 pm

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they have the pig at the BBQ and Homer and Bart are chasing it and every so often Homer says, "It's just a little dirty, it's still good" or "it's just a little airborne, it's still good".

First of all, he should have checked the NOTAMs. Second of all, if he insisted on landing, why did he land with a tailwind instead of coming in the other way?
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson