FATFlyer
Topic Author

Allegiant Announces EUG-LAS

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:23 am

Allegiant announced Eugene service today, its 3rd location in Oregon.

Flights start May 10, operating Thurs/Sun (the current HP/US flights EUG-LAS are Th/Fr/Su)

Allegiant's schedule
dep Eugene 11:05 am. arr Las Vegas 1:00 pm
dep Las Vegas 8:30 am arr Eugene 10:25 am

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews20070308a.php
http://www.allegiantair.com/aaRouteMap.php
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

WesternA318

RE: Allegiant Announces EUG-LAS

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 am

This is very nice, best of luck to Allegiant!
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

QXatFAT

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:44 am

Wow G4 just keeps on growing. Good job!

Side question, are they getting their MD's from AS? If so, how often have they been getting them and are they getting any other aircraft from other airlines?

Thanks FATFlyer!

Kyle
Don't Tread On Me!

FATFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 2):
Side question, are they getting their MD's from AS?

I've heard that deal may have fell through. I understand that AS wanted a non-compete clause in the contract. I don't what limits that would have entailed but apparently it was not acceptable to Allegiant.

ATCGOD

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 am

Is it just me or are they just absolutely flooding capacity in rural Oregon?

BlatantEcho

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 am

Eugene spotters can't be too upset about this  Smile
They're not handing trophies out today

87GROUNDED

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:38 am

Quoting ATCGOD (Reply 4):

It looks like someone is. MFR, EUG, who's next, LMT? Personally, I'd trade US/HP and G4 for WN. Please WN, come to MFR!!
On your deathbed you'll receive total consiousness- so I've got that going for me.

FATFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:25 am

Quoting 87Grounded (Reply 6):
It looks like someone is. MFR, EUG, who's next, LMT? Personally, I'd trade US/HP and G4 for WN. Please WN, come to MFR!!

You have to get in line behind FAT and BFL.  Wink

sea2pdx

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:41 am

As I'm not sure if this is typical or not, I don't know if its actually interesting, but G4 has not announced who will be ground-handling their flights. The timing indicates a couple possiblities, but I can't elaborate further on it.

whatusaid

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:12 am

LMT? Ok, now we're starting to make Allegiant sound a little like Sky High. Geez, Alturas to Elko in 29 hours on Sky High...what more can the Klamath basin ask for?

Ok, back to the beer. Skywest is making my day and bar tab go higher. Late...late...late.

87GROUNDED

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 am

Seriously, I miss the days of UA 737's flying into MFR and before that the 727's. Even the PSA BAC's and CO's mad dogs were pretty good. I remember boarding CO's MD's from the air stairs because MFR had no jetways.

Nothing sucks more that being jammed into a OO RJ to DEN on a Monday morning. 2 1/2 hours in a seat fit for an Ethopian isn't much fun. Flying a Brasilia to PDX or SFO for a connecting flight sucks just as bad. If WN came in with their 737's and excellent service they'd clean house. Just 2 flights a day would make a big difference.

And with the new terminal in MFR, WN would have actual gates and jetways for their aircraft. Please WN, come to MFR!!!
On your deathbed you'll receive total consiousness- so I've got that going for me.

FATFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm

LOL, 87GROUNDED everything you wrote is also true about Fresno and Bakersfield.

Lots of RJs and Brasilias instead of mainline jets. Both have added new gates with jetways. Plus both serve areas with much larger populations than Eugene: FAT draws from an area of about 1.5 million and BFL draws from an area of close to a million people. So the half million people around EUG will just have to wait their turn.  sorry 

kwbl

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Good news for Eugene but probably bad for Salem. SLE and Allegiant have been in talks for quite some time and the current terminal renovations (adding a boarding lounge and the main terminal is being refurbished) is part in response to inquiries by Allegiant. The proposed service from SLE was 4x week to LAS and they even filed a letter in support of some grant money for SLE. I though SLE would work because it could draw from Salem and Eugene since EUG only service before this was on US. Oh well. at least DL will start from SLE on 6/7 (and I have duckets on the first flight out!)

whatusaid

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:52 pm

I too, am finding the move into EUG interesting. Going back in time when I was consulting for a carrier, we looked at EUG-LAS and passed. EUG-RNO was actually a better run at the time and Morris AIr did pretty decent biz on that route as well. I've heard that HP hasn't been packing them in on their few LAS flights. Salem, I thought, was the more interesting move for the carrier for a number of reasons. Allegiant isn't shy of incentives, as we all know. I know EUG at one time was fond of incentives, not sure about that now. Could that be the situation here? Whatever the reason, I wish them well. And, it gives all of the EUG's and FAT's of the world a little hope that we're one step closer to some serious low-fare service.