xjet

Expressjet At BOS For B6 (picture)

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:49 am

Here's a picture of the aircraft at a B6 gate in BOS. It is A/C 907. Sounds like the first two days of this have been pretty successful. Anyone from B6 have any experience with these flights?

http://i17.tinypic.com/2e1a8fq.jpg

[Edited 2007-03-10 00:08:45]

[Edited 2007-03-10 00:10:47]

westindian425

RE: XE At JFK For B6

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:57 am

Yes....inquiring minds would like to know.  Smile

So, it was the Aquafresh Jets that were used. That's expected.
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

ScottB

RE: XE At JFK For B6

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:04 am

Quoting XJET (Thread starter):
Here's a picture of the aircraft at a B6 gate in JFK.

Are you sure that's at JFK. Judging from the landscape and the AA jet in the background, I'd guess it's on the south end of the hammerhead of the B6 pier of Terminal C at BOS (gate C33, probably).

xjet

RE: Expressjet At BOS For B6

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 2):
Are you sure that's at JFK. Judging from the landscape and the AA jet in the background, I'd guess it's on the south end of the hammerhead of the B6 pier of Terminal C at BOS (gate C33, probably).

Yeah, you are actually right. Sorry about that. I meant BOS, but typed JFK.  embarrassed 

WMUPilot

RE: Expressjet At BOS For B6

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:11 am

I'll get to ride on 1 tomorrow, hopefully, on my commute into BOS for work. I'll see what the crews onboard are saying and how the customers are adjusting to the temporary change in guage.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

spinkid

RE: Expressjet At BOS For B6 (picture)

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:48 am

awwwww, i was hoping it might have some neato hybrid livery.

deltairlines

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am

Saw one yesterday when I landed in BOS. Wasn't impressed by the livery at all - didn't look too great in my mind.

Lexy

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:13 am

We had two (I think that was how many) B6 E190's arrive at BNA yesterday for their work so this pic just confirms the work has commenced.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

flypdx

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Is expressjet or B6 handling ground operations for these aircraft?

JBLUA320

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting Flypdx (Reply 8):
Is expressjet or B6 handling ground operations for these aircraft?

Would XE have handling of their own at BOS?

JBLU

CALMSP

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:46 pm

no, there are no Expressjet employees in BOS.............all work is done by CO

nwa757boy

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:49 pm

B6 is doing all the ground handling for the flights, catering etc. Funny thing, flights owned by CAL being leased to an operator(expressJet) that is doing flying for a carrier competes heavily with CAL.

xjet

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 11):
Funny thing, flights owned by CAL being leased to an operator(expressJet) that is doing flying for a carrier competes heavily with CAL.

It is funny, but thems the breaks. Too bad CO wanted to diversify so bad. I kinda liked having one happy family with 274 planes in one color. But when life gives you whipped cream pies, you throw them in Kellner's face. I am glad XE was able to pull this off with only one weeks notice. I think it speaks well to the caliber of dedication here as well as B6.

N1120A

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:35 pm

Quoting XJET (Reply 12):
It is funny, but thems the breaks. Too bad CO wanted to diversify so bad. I kinda liked having one happy family with 274 planes in one color.

Except, of course, that CO was getting one of the worst regional screwjobs in a world of regional screwjobs based on their deal with ExpressJet.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

United767

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Saw a few of these birds at the B6 gates today at IAD.
I wish UA flew mainline to MYR, that way you wouldn't be stuck in a smelly Saturn for 12 hours.

wyorca

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:12 pm

Quoting United767 (Reply 14):
Except, of course, that CO was getting one of the worst regional screwjobs in a world of regional screwjobs based on their deal with ExpressJet.

What do you mean by screwjob? The CPA was set up by CAL when it decided to sell off Express and make it public. Express and all it entailed was created by CAL. So if the original CPA was a screwjob, then it was CAL who was screwing CAL. And tell me how it was a screwjob? CAL had (and still does) one of the industry leading regional working for them, that has DOT performance figures that oftentimes beat CAL and most major airlines, and that has a good reputation for treating its people well and has even made Forbes most admired airlines.

Doesn't sound like a screwjob to me. If you want BMW performance, you have to pay BMW prices.

Oh did you guys hear, Kellner is writing a sequel to Gordon's book. It's called "And Back Again"!

[Edited 2007-03-10 07:17:01]

N1120A

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Make sure you quote the right person.

Quoting Wyorca (Reply 15):
Doesn't sound like a screwjob to me. If you want BMW performance, you have to pay BMW prices.

Except that they are flying aircraft that guzzle gas on a per seat basis like a 454 Chevy.

So if the original CPA was a screwjob, then it was CAL who was screwing CAL.

I agree with that. All the legacies have shot themselves in the foot with the glut of capacity shifted toward regional carriers flying inefficient aircraft outside their design mission. The regional system is great when it comes to commuter turboprop flights where the fuel costs are so low that it makes sense for a legacy not to add a new type. The 37-50 seat jet is just a ridiculous thing.

has even made Forbes most admired airlines.

Well, duh, they make money.

wyorca

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 16):
Except that they are flying aircraft that guzzle gas on a per seat basis like a 454 Chevy.

Well, in that case ALL the RJ operators do, the BIG DIFFERENCE is that XE does it on time and with fewer problems than any other regional and most majors (according to DOT statistics).

Well, duh, they make money.

Almost all regionals make money, yet they seldom are selected among the Most Admired.

adizzy

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Ok.....so i am alittle out of the loop right now, but what is going on with B6 and expressjet?

itsnotfinals

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Quoting ADiZzy (Reply 18):
Ok.....so i am alittle out of the loop right now, but what is going on with B6 and expressjet?

B6 is having software upgrades to their E190's done ASAP (They are experieincing too many software issues), in order not to disrupt their ops while the 190's are down at BNA getting fixed on a rotating basis, they are hiring out certain E190 routes to be operated by ExpressJet.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

xjet

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:12 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 13):

Think that if you want, but you are wrong. XE has an industry leading product. We were able to set up a B6 operation in a weeks time. CHQ has been in IAH for 3 months, and they are still canceling flights left and right. And don't tell me it is just the CRJs. It is the ERJs too, which they are very experienced in operating.

XE met RJETs offer to CO. CO wanted to diversify!! It wasn't a money issue. They are losing millions of dollars on CHQ in IAH. Smisek hates XE, always has. This was his ball for the most part.

I have tried to explain this to people over and over again, but everybody thinks its easier to say that XE is too expensive. The fact is, this is dead wrong.

Yeah, the CASM sucks on a 50 seat jet. Who doesn't know that? But did you know that XE has the lowest fuel usage in the industry? We don't have to do this. CO buys most of our fuel anyway. But we have made many many efforts to make their lives easier. We have implemented company wide MANDATORY fuel savings measures. We always use ground power and ground air to minimize APU usage. Usually we only start it 5 minutes prior to push back. We only taxi with one engine. We have implemented a program to use steeper descents to allow us to fly at higher cost effective altitudes longer. XE spent millions of its own dollars on a unique proprietary weight and balance program. It allows us to use an average weight that is about 11 lbs. less than what other regionals use. Bags weigh less as well. This allows us to minimize weight restrictions, thereby helping the CASM on a full flight. We are currently implementing increased weights on all of our LR models that will allow 1300 more pounds of payload. It doesn't sound like a lot, but for an RJ it is.

I could go on and on and on. I don't fault you for your opinions, you just sound uninformed.

RICguy

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:33 pm

The ExpressJet flights have began in RIC. The two flights arrive and depart about 25 minutes apart from each other. Are they going to be using jetways or boarding from stairs? The picture in BOS appears they may board from stairs.

IAHFLYR

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:04 am

Quoting XJET (Reply 12):
I kinda liked having one happy family with 274 planes in one color.

I totally agree.....was at IAH yesterday, saw a CHQ E145 with blue on the tail minus the gold globe and blue engine nacelles, looked like an after thought for sure, not the classy all planes in the same livery....then if that wasn't bad enough, a CHQ CRJ parked on the northwest ramp of Terminal C, blue tail, no globe nor was there a name on the fuselage, yet another bad example of continuity. The guy sitting next to me asked as we parked next to it waiting for our gate, "who is that"?  covereyes 

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
CHQ has been in IAH for 3 months, and they are still canceling flights left and right. And don't tell me it is just the CRJs. It is the ERJs too, which they are very experienced in operating.

That is unacceptable, someone in CO management is going to one day soon start asking questions of their decisions with ExpressJet.

I hope B6 folks enjoy ExpressJet the way I have.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

flight152

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:35 am

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
CHQ has been in IAH for 3 months, and they are still canceling flights left and right.

I have a teacher that is a captain for ExpressJet and has told us stories that very few flights have left on time with 50 abord at IAH over at CHQ. Clearly not the same product XE is.

xjet

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 22):
no globe nor was there a name on the fuselage

Have you seen the one in United Express colors, without the words "United Express" on it. Then it has a yellow radome cover. Classy.

Delta787

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:48 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 22):
That is unacceptable, someone in CO management is going to one day soon start asking questions of their decisions with ExpressJet.

I like ExpressJet but I feel Continental's management made the right choice when it decided to diversify its regional operations. In the past, if any of ExpressJet's employees ever went on strike, Continental would have lost buckets of money since the entire Express operation would have gone down. Now that they have two Express airlines, they have a carrier to fall back on if that ever happened. Its a safeguard to have Chautauqua there.
Fly Delta!

xjet

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:54 am

Quoting Delta787 (Reply 25):
I like ExpressJet but I feel Continental's management made the right choice when it decided to diversify its regional operations. In the past, if any of ExpressJet's employees ever went on strike, Continental would have lost buckets of money since the entire Express operation would have gone down. Now that they have two Express airlines, they have a carrier to fall back on if that ever happened. Its a safeguard to have Chautauqua there.

Shades of Comair 1999??

loggat

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 am

I just finished flying a 4 day in and out of IAH. We had to cancel an IAH-ATL-IAH trip because Chelsea catering drove a catering truck into the side of our airplane. Every one of our late departures was due to a passenger bus arriving at departure time. There was not a single delay on my trip that was due to anything controllable by either my crew or Chautauqua. I personally feel that it relates more to the B84 ramp operation in general. If we operated at the jetways like most of XE do, our on time performance would get better. I will not deny that there are cancellations for crew shortages. Our company is hurting for pilots very badly at the moment. I will not pretend to say that it isn't a problem.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't.

xjet

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting Loggat (Reply 27):
I personally feel that it relates more to the B84 ramp operation in general.

I will give you this. That operation has always lacked luster. And please don't think that my earlier comments are in anyway directed against the pilot group at CHQ. I have friends there, and I know that the decisions made are management alone.

That said, the overall CHQ operation has hurt CAL in a lot of ways. I understand the cancellations for crew shortage, even though they could have been avioded by a little foresight on the part of RJET management. Weight restrictions are killing a lot of outstations. This all goes back to the fact that everyone was counting on XE giving up our planes. That put CHQ in a bind. Now the operations suffers.

I really do wish the best for every member of the pilot group. You guys have been very pleasant to work with and have done your best with what you are given. Its the upper guys that are causing the problem.

jetblueatjfk

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:01 am

Does anyone know exactly what flights the ExpressJet planes are operating out of BOS. I know cities but are they on certain routes?

B6jfk airplane 

N1120A

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:33 am

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
We were able to set up a B6 operation in a weeks time.

You had the extra planes.

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
CHQ has been in IAH for 3 months, and they are still canceling flights left and right. And don't tell me it is just the CRJs. It is the ERJs too, which they are very experienced in operating.

Hey, I am not saying that Chautauqua is any better. My issue is with the entire regional jet industry.

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
But did you know that XE has the lowest fuel usage in the industry? We don't have to do this. CO buys most of our fuel anyway.

CO's fuel deal with XE was the biggest problem. The guaranteed a fuel price and got bitten by it.

WMUPilot

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:38 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 29):
Does anyone know exactly what flights the ExpressJet planes are operating out of BOS. I know cities but are they on certain routes?

BOS-BUF 1211
BUF-BOS 1212

BOS-IAD 1255
IAD-BOS 1256
BOS-IAD 1259
IAD-BOS 1260

JFK-RIC 1073
RIC-JFK 1072
JFK-RIC 1075
RIC-JFK 1075

JFK-CMH 1097
CMH-JFK 1098

All of these flights are operated by ExpressJet
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

IAHFLYR

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:24 am

Quoting Loggat (Reply 27):
I personally feel that it relates more to the B84 ramp operation in general. If we operated at the jetways like most of XE do, our on time performance would get better

I've flown from B84 numerous times on Express.....most of the time they flights as I remember were not late.....having said that, I wonder if anyone has number that would reflect an exordant number of Express departures from the B84 gates that were late last year or in previous years since they started to use B84 in the manner it is used today.

Quoting Delta787 (Reply 25):
I like ExpressJet but I feel Continental's management made the right choice when it decided to diversify its regional operations. In the past, if any of ExpressJet's employees ever went on strike, Continental would have lost buckets of money since the entire Express operation would have gone down

That is a very good point, yet a single regional carrier does allow for what Continental and ExpressJet had going, a very seamless transition from one to the other.....just don't see that as of this time.

Quoting XJET (Reply 28):
I really do wish the best for every member of the pilot group. You guys have been very pleasant to work with and have done your best with what you are given.

I will say the same from the ATC side from what I've witnessed.

Most always is!  Smile

Quoting XJET (Reply 28):
Its the upper guys that are causing the problem.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

lincoln

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:51 am

Quoting XJET (Reply 20):
We have implemented a program to use steeper descents to allow us to fly at higher cost effective altitudes longer.

That certainly explains why my last few ExpressJet flights have felt like we were climbling like a --- on departure and divebombing the airport on arrival! I was just getting ready to start a thread about that.

(By the way whatever aircraft flew CO 2991 last night needs...something...I'm not a mechanic or anything but as soon as we hit the ground it sounded like the aircraft was breaking apart, and when the breaks went on the noise got even worse (a definate metal-on-metal sound... It was one of those times when I found myself thinking "Thank God the flight is over and I'm on the ground" moments.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

B6sFinest

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:09 am

Our operation has been running a whole lot smoother with the ERJ 145's than the E-180. I think we should get our money back and buy a bunch of those...
Got Blue?

RedTailDTW

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:26 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 32):
I've flown from B84 numerous times on Express.....most of the time they flights as I remember were not late.....having said that

Same Here, Ive almost never had a delay out of B84...

Mason
Airlines Flown: AA, CO, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170, MD80/83/90

nwa757boy

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:33 am

Quoting B6sFinest (Reply 34):
Our operation has been running a whole lot smoother with the ERJ 145's than the E-180. I think we should get our money back and buy a bunch of those...

Well there are around 69 ERJ145s that could use a new home.  Wink Actually I think all 69 might be earmarked for some flying, being DL Connection, Branded and Corporate

positiverate

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:46 am

Are B6 pax being compensated for not flying on the B6 product?

nwa757boy

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 37):
Are B6 pax being compensated for not flying on the B6 product?

Yeah, a $25 voucher

altairF28

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Are most of these flights overbooked as a result of the aircraft switch or are the LF's on these specific flights normally bad enough that an ERJ145 can be substituted without overbooking?
A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons

nwa757boy

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Quoting Altairf28 (Reply 39):
Are most of these flights overbooked as a result of the aircraft switch or are the LF's on these specific flights normally bad enough that an ERJ145 can be substituted without overbooking?

they are sending two 145s for each 190 flight, they depart about 25-30min from each other.

xjet

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 32):
I've flown from B84 numerous times on Express.....most of the time they flights as I remember were not late.....having said that, I wonder if anyone has number that would reflect an exordant number of Express departures from the B84 gates that were late last year or in previous years since they started to use B84 in the manner it is used today.

The flights leave "late" more often than others. It has gotten better since CO has gotten another vendor for the ramp shuttle buses. XE flights may "block out" a minute or two late. But we aren't really grossly late because of the hardstand operation. We almost always make the 14 minture DOT arrival time.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 30):
You had the extra planes.

It takes more than aircraft to have a successful operation. 4 aircraft working full time with no spare airframes. No cancellations.

Hey, I am not saying that Chautauqua is any better. My issue is with the entire regional jet industry.

And what is your problem with the regional jet industry? The planes are too small? The fact that we feed entire mainline operations for cheaper than mainline pilots? Or the fact that tere are too many of us? If you pick the last answer, I will agree with you.

CO's fuel deal with XE was the biggest problem. The guaranteed a fuel price and got bitten by it.

CO wasn't bitten by anything with XE!!!! They had a regional jet feed that worked seemlessly. People thought they were on CO! Now you have another operator flying wround in UAX painted aircraft, and CO is paying more money for it!! We matched CHQ's offer when the RFP was out. CO didn't want one carrier. That's all there is to it. They are buying CHQ's fuel too. I was behind a CHQ 145 in IAH yesterday taxing out. There was an emergency aircraft about to land in on 15L that had departures backed up a little. That CHQ plane taxied around for 25 minutes burning both engines and the APU. We taxied on 1 engine. Who is costing CO less money I ask?

altairF28

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 am

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 40):

they are sending two 145s for each 190 flight, they depart about 25-30min from each other.

Gotcha, thanks. That makes perfect sense, which is why I didn't expect them to think of it Big grin
A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons

wideglider

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:50 am

Quoting B6sFinest (Reply 34):

E-180? We fly E190s.

We operate "wingtip" flights or as I call them, shadow flights, on days when loads are higher to accomodate the extra seats.
it is what it is...

lincoln

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am

Quoting Wideglider (Reply 43):
E-180? We fly E190s.

I beleive this is an intentional reference to the dispatch reliability -- i.e. the aircraft does a 180 back to the gate -- rather than a mistake.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

jetbluefan1

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 am

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 38):
Yeah, a $25 voucher

Are only those who booked their flights before this whole agreement occurred given vouchers, or are ALL passengers on the flights given them? It would only make sense to give it to those who thought they were flying on a B6 E190; the JetBlue website clearly indicates which flights are operated by ExpressJet on the booking page.

JetBluefan1