hjulicher

You May Just Want To Fly SU Next Time

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:07 pm

I got this off of there website... Didn't know that FA's are trained to handle medical emergencies. Kudos to SU for serving their passengers well.
---
Aeroflot's Crew Saves Child's Life

On March 5 professional emergency actions of Aeroflot flight crew helped to save life of infant Sasha.

During the SU 317 flight when the aircraft was approaching New York city an emergency situation has occurred onboard: 11 months old passenger from Russian has taken bad. Little boy has lost consciousness, his breath has stopped, no pulse could be detected.

Aeroflot's air stewards Galina Istochnikova and Ekaterina Alekseeva have rapidly and professionally rendered first medical aid to the boy. They applied artificial respiration and indirect cardiac stimulation and reanimated the child before paramedics came to New York airport.

All flight staff of the Aeroflot have passed special medical training. Regular trainings and simulations of on-board first aid and emergency procedures are routinely conducted in Aeroflot's own modern training and simulation facility for emergency and rescue training recently launched in Sheremetyevo airport.
---
LH 442

N276AASTT

RE: You May Just Want To Fly SU Next Time

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:16 pm

Kudos to the SU crew. This is a testimate to the professionalism of their people. Excellent job!

Quoting Hjulicher (Thread starter):
They applied artificial respiration and indirect cardiac stimulation and reanimated the child

I take it this was C.P.R. Do they not have AED's onboard SU aircraft?
Dejale Caer tu el Peso! YOMO

jetdeltamsy

RE: You May Just Want To Fly SU Next Time

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:20 pm

Huh. Not me, buddy.

Aeroflot has about 70 years of a bad reputation to make up for before i'd ever pay money to fly on that airline.

Flight attendants at all airlines are trained in advanced first aid....heart defibs, cpr, etc...
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.