yvr1968

YVR-HKG Flights To Get A Big Boost

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:42 am

CX just loaded an additional 3 flights per week for the June - October period for a total of 17 flights per week to HKG. Last summer the additional 3 flights per week only operated August - September.

And Oasis and its big announcement. 5 - 6 flights per week starting late June.

http://www.oasishongkong.com/hk/en/aboutus/media.aspx

Is the market big enough to absorb these additional frequencies?

DYK

RE: YVR-HKG Flights To Get A Big Boost

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 am

Quoting YVR1968 (Thread starter):
Is the market big enough to absorb these additional frequencies

I think the market can absorb the additional capacity, maybe not so easy to absorb the new capacity in the short run but longer term..for sure. . Despite what i hear about Vancouver being low yield, very seasonal etc, I think YVR is holding it own.
One sometime forgets that YVR markets itself as a connection point and traffic is drawn in from other points in North America and even Central and South America.
I was recently on a flight to Beijing and there must of been group of 50 passenger from Mexico travelling to Beijing via YVR.
Oasis will offer some very competitive pricing which may act as a drawing card for passengers to use Vancouver as a gateway.
Also you have to remember the immigrant population into Vancouver is growing rapidly in relation to Vancouver's current size. Over 50% of these immigrants come from Asia, this trend is predicted to continue for the foreseeable future .
AC,CP,PW,WD,ND,UA,AA,NW,CO,DL,WA,AS,QX,PR,SQ,AI,TG,MH,JL,9W,IC,UL,PG,BW,NZ,QF,DJ,BA,LH,KL,OA,OS,ME,RJ,HA,AQ

aircanada014

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 am

Thats pretty cool Vancouver is doing very well with overseas to ASIA against LAX and SFO along with SEA.
Vancouver is a very nice city to visit  Smile.. I wonder if Vancouver is like a little brother to Sydney Australia.
Both cities right by the ocean. Both have ship harbours. Beautiful downtown Vancouver at night as to Sydney.

ZBBYLW

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am

Quoting AirCanada014 (Reply 2):
wonder if Vancouver is like a little brother to Sydney Australia.

Having lived in YVR and spent time in SYD I can say they are fairly similar besides the Australian/Canadian difference. O yea and one other thing rain/cold vs dry(more so I have seen rain down there)/hot! But they are both really nice cities IMO.
Keep the shinny side up!

LAXintl

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:17 am

The Oasis announcement was covered in this thread already; Oasis HK OAK/YVR Flight Info Shown On Hkia System (by YLWbased Mar 6 2007 in Civil Aviation)
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ZK-NBT

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:24 pm

These flights will be 343's 2 class.