clickhappy

Fiennes Qantas FA Was Prostitute

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 am

Scary.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...irl%20was%20a%20prostitute_1025389

Actor RALPH FIENNES has been urged to take an AIDS test after the air stewardess he had unprotected sex with during a flight confessed she was once a prostitute. Fiennes hit headlines earlier this year when he was caught in a jet toilet with Qantas flight crew member LISA ROBERTSON.

Flying-Tiger

RE: Fiennes Qantas FA Was Prostitute

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 am

Own fault - it´s called "Safer Sex" for something...
Flown: A319/320/321,A332/3,A380,AT4,AT7,B732/3/4/5/7/8,B742/4,B762/763,B772,CR2,CR7,ER4,E70,E75,F50/70,M11,L15,S20

EXAAUADL

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:49 am

nice standards they have at QF

BA777

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:50 am

Bad times.

Henry

EWRCabincrew

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:56 am

He deserves anything he gets. You play risky, knowing the consequences, you take the chance. Live with it. Shouldn't haev been doing it in the first place.

Isn't he married or a girlfriend? How does he get the right, to assume the risk. to make a decision on someone else's life (girlfriend/wife) by having unprotected sex with a stranger?

Besides, if he is having unprotected sex with a stranger on a plane, who is to say he hasn't done it before. The whore of a f/a should get tested too. Hello? Pot calling the kettel black.

A tad irritated here, can you tell?

[Edited 2007-03-19 18:01:36]
You can't cure stupid

JayDub

Meanwhile...somwhere Sir Richard Branson is dreaming up his next inflight promotion....

Big grin
"Travel is only glamorous in retrospect." - Paul Theroux

DAYflyer

Perhaps she drumming up a little "in flight" business.....and this was perhaps the first time she got caught.
One Nation Under God

jimyvr

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:00 am

I thought that F/A became the prostitutes after fired by QF according to some reports?
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

EI321

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:04 am

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 2):

I know how im flyin to Aus next time  bigthumbsup 

toltommy

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 am

Like some parts of Nevada, there is legalized prostitution in parts of Australia. She wasn't breaking the law.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 4):
Isn't he married or a girlfriend?

she broke up with him when this hit the news.

Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 8):
I thought that F/A became the prostitutes after fired by QF according to some reports?

The Aussie press has had fun digging up her past. Turns out she was working in legal brothels both before and after the incident with Fiennes.

Curmudgeon

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 am

The person in question is a ruthless self-promoter. A well known talent agency/promoter confirmed that she contacted their office for advice some weeks before the story broke. She has reportedly sold interviews to many media outlets, and a few weeks ago it was estimated that she had, at that point, made over $650,000.00

She is evidence that Qantas' out sourced hiring practices are poor-this entire episode hasn't helped the brand unless you subscribe to the theory that any publicity is good....

In another development, the tax office (like IRS) is investigating her for tax fraud, because it seems she's never declared any income from prostitution.  Smile
Jets are for kids

PER744

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:40 am

Curmudegeon: Do you have a source on that? The tax office don't disclose details of any investigations, nor what income someone has declared. If details are released it's only after a conviction.

MCOflyer

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:46 am

Well he deserves it. He should be more careful next time. Lisa got what she deserved if she has a kid from Ralph.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

workflyer

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:55 am

Quoting TOLtommy (Reply 11):
Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 8):

The Aussie press has had fun digging up her past. Turns out she was working in legal brothels both before and after the incident with Fiennes.

She was working as a prostitute while she was still a Qantas FA. She worked in a brothel here in Auckland when she was on layovers (Now there is an image). The Pelican Club for those who are curious. I only know this from a newspaper article though, not from personal experience ha ha.

She claimed she had to as she was only earning AUD29,000 p.a. and was running short of cash. I am sure that she would have been earning more than this with allowances (There I go again)

By the way, prostitution is legal in both Australia (At least in New South Wales and Victoria) and in New Zealand.

andrewuber

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 am

I can see it now, T-Shirts that say "I flew on Qantas, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!"  bigthumbsup 
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

EWRCabincrew

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 am

Quoting WorkFlyer (Reply 15):
prostitution is legal in both Australia (At least in New South Wales and Victoria)

There was a brothel next door to our coffee shop in Neutral Bay. The woman who ran it was very nice.
You can't cure stupid

airnewzealand

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:25 am

Interesting,,,

Quoting WorkFlyer (Reply 15):
She was working as a prostitute while she was still a Qantas FA. She worked in a brothel here in Auckland when she was on layovers (Now there is an image). The Pelican Club for those who are curious. I only know this from a newspaper article though, not from personal experience ha ha.

Actually she was a flight attendant based in AKL (flew with her many times)... and she prostituted herself in AKL while she was home. She wasnt afraid to tell crew either... alot of us knew about this.

Quoting Curmudgeon (Reply 12):
She is evidence that Qantas' out sourced hiring practices are poor-this entire episode hasn't helped the brand unless you subscribe to the theory that any publicity is good....

Interesting that you say that buddy... With all the outsourced crew QF have and only one bad apple appears???? YEt you have mainline STEALING from the company.... get a grip!!!

Quoting Curmudgeon (Reply 12):
In another development, the tax office (like IRS) is investigating her for tax fraud, because it seems she's never declared any income from prostitution.

COrrect about this, and she is already bankrupt due to the "mis-dealings" she had whilst she was an undercover cop in Australia!

Cheers

MCOflyer

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:31 am

Quoting Airnewzealand (Reply 18):
COrrect about this, and she is already bankrupt due to the "mis-dealings" she had whilst she was an undercover cop in Australia!

Well, I wonder if Fiennes regrets what he did?

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

Curmudgeon

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 am

Quoting Airnewzealand (Reply 17):
Interesting that you say that buddy... With all the outsourced crew QF have and only one bad apple appears???? YEt you have mainline STEALING from the company.... get a grip!!!

Jeez pal, too bad the Stasi is out of business with an attitude like that. I have seen some nonsense in my time, but firing a guy for $1.85 worth of non-recyclable chocolates is....is...just a little bit of an over-reaction. He was due for redundancy payments, so I guess the company is going to save some $$. Anything to make the workplace a little more friendly for more casual staff and even more obscene executive bonuses, eh?

Oh...BTW, there is more than one nut case (I almost said whack job) in the recently hired ranks.
Jets are for kids

Motorhussy

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:17 am

Quoting Airnewzealand (Reply 16):
Actually she was a flight attendant based in AKL (flew with her many times)... and she prostituted herself in AKL while she was home. She wasnt afraid to tell crew either... alot of us knew about this.

Well, it's been legal in New Zealand (as in Victoria and elsewhere) for quite sometime. And from my anecdotal experience, workers in the sex industry are pretty fastidious about safer sex practices.

Anyhow, if she did it professionally, she must hopefully have been pretty good in the sack. Or perhaps that's why she had to moonlight as a QF cabin attendant, she wasn't.

Ha-ha-ha, this is so without dignity. Any news on her pregnancy?
come visit the south pacific

unitednrt

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 12):
Well he deserves it. He should be more careful next time. Lisa got what she deserved if she has a kid from Ralph.

MCOflyer

Are you implying he deserves to become HIV positive?
No one deserves to be stricken with any such affliction.

I see where you come from though so take no offense to my post.

Best regards,

UnitedNRT
"...That's a lovely name. My name's Milton; Milton Ettenheim, but my friends call me Bubbles."

EWRCabincrew

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59 am

Quoting UnitedNRT (Reply 20):
No one deserves to be stricken with any such affliction

Deserves, no. You play with fire. You get burned. He's an adult and he knows the risks. What really is shitty (criminally so, IMO) is he is assuming that same risk for his girlfriend (apparently not anymore his girlfriend). What gives him that right? Same applies to the stickee.
You can't cure stupid

VHXLR8

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:01 pm

I think I speak for a great many QF F/As when I say I find that comment an insult. ONE bad apple among a workforce of thousands.

kosmonaute

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 4):
He deserves anything he gets.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 21):
Deserves, no.

Wanna pick one opinion and stick with it?
Burning airlines give you so much more.

USADreamliner

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:49 pm

At least in Australia they are good looking !!!

Can you imagine a stewardess/prostitute from Northwest ?  Wow!  scared   scared 

Revelation

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:57 pm

Quoting TOLtommy (Reply 9):
Turns out she was working in legal brothels both before and after the incident with Fiennes.

So sex in a loo probably wasn't a new experience for her...

Quoting Curmudgeon (Reply 10):
The person in question is a ruthless self-promoter. A well known talent agency/promoter confirmed that she contacted their office for advice some weeks before the story broke. She has reportedly sold interviews to many media outlets, and a few weeks ago it was estimated that she had, at that point, made over $650,000.00

Too bad she did an actor instead of a politician - she'd have cleared $1M at least!
Inspiration, move me brightly!

tommybp251b

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 24):
Can you imagine a stewardess/prostitute from Northwest ?

Or BA!  Smile
Tom from Cologne

EWRCabincrew

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:23 pm

Quoting Kosmonaute (Reply 23):
Wanna pick one opinion and stick with it?

FTLOG....He deserves it. Picky, picky. Nice copy and paste of all that I did say, though.
You can't cure stupid

ltbewr

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:39 pm

I am quite sure this Qantas FA wasn't the first, nor will be the last to also be a legal prostitute or even an illegal one. The poor pay for f/a's today, higher costs of living, having time to do a 2nd job along with the much better pay for prostitution vs. most other part time jobs are all factors for a small number of f/a's to consider being prostitutes.
Both her and Finennes were terribly irresponsible and disgusting in their beheavor by having sex on the a/c and should face minor criminal charges for their beheavor (Iike disorderly conduct). I would also question the mental health of both of them for their acts. Next time, wait until you can get to a motel or home!

CHRISBA777ER

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Funny thing was he was on his way to India to support an HIV/AIDS awareness programme.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

Pope

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 24):
Can you imagine a stewardess/prostitute from Northwest ?

Worse than NW. How about a DL FA working an international BizE cabin! We're talking walking dinosaurs more often than not.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

zeke

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 pm

QF could have handled this many ways, in my view the way it was done was not the smartest.

In another development, the tax office (like IRS) is investigating her for tax fraud, because it seems she's never declared any income from prostitution.

What if the alleged income amount was below the tax free threshold ?

Quoting VHXLR8 (Reply 22):
I think I speak for a great many QF F/As when I say I find that comment an insult.

Would have to agree with you, in my view cabin crew, like pilots, or ground crew are just a cross section of the rest of society, because one is crew, does not make them have human weaknesses.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 28):
The poor pay for f/a's today, higher costs of living, having time to do a 2nd job along with the much better pay for prostitution vs. most other part time jobs are all factors for a small number of f/a's to consider being prostitutes.

QF crews are not that bad off, could be many reasons for her alleged past. One of which naturally being due to the itinerant nature of her work, she found it difficult to have a "normal" relationship, which we see shift working in all industries having problems with.
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

ClassicLover

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:23 am

She must have been a people person... makes you wonder at the hiring practices at QF to be honest. I imagine they saw "undercover cop" and decided she'd be a perfect F/A. You live your life on the straight and narrow and they don't bother calling back.

That said, she was a prostitute on her own time and the reality is no-one can judge her for that. Each to their own.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

kosmonaute

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 27):
FTLOG

Let's not bring God into this when you're wishing AIDS upon someone.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 27):
Picky, picky. Nice copy and paste of all that I did say, though.

Not picky....just observant.

He was accused of sexual assault, his relationship with his girlfriend was destroyed, now everyone knows that he had sex with a prostitute-cum-flight attendant (pun unintended), and the general public now knows a little too much about his sex life.

He got what he deserved. Contracting AIDS is something no one deserves.
Burning airlines give you so much more.

kaitak

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:14 am

Well, I hope his chat up line was more pleasant than the one he used with his maid in Schindler's List: "of course, you're not really human" ...

Even though the job may be legal, that doesn't mean it's not a major embarrassment to Qantas. I am sure the senior people and many of their colleagues must be mortified.

As Laurel & Hardy might have put it: "Here's another Fiennes mess you've gotten me into".

aa1818

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:59 am

I flew QF last September LHR-HKG, HKG-SYD, SYD-CHC, CHC-SYD, SYD-SIN-LHR and let me tell you some of those flight attendants were really fit!!! I'm not suprised they were caught bumping uglies in the toilet. Heck- I might have been tempted if any of them had expressed the slightest interest in me!!! lol There was a brunette in particular and she was heavenly!!!!!

Totally Tropical and Totally think that QF flight attendants are fitties!!!
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

Motorhussy

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 am

I wonder what his cousins at Buckingham palace make of it? Probably just a deep collective sigh at another aristocratic faux pas.

MH

airnewzealand

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:29 am

Quoting Curmudgeon (Reply 18):
Jeez pal, too bad the Stasi is out of business with an attitude like that. I have seen some nonsense in my time, but firing a guy for $1.85 worth of non-recyclable chocolates is....is...just a little bit of an over-reaction. He was due for redundancy payments, so I guess the company is going to save some $$. Anything to make the workplace a little more friendly for more casual staff and even more obscene executive bonuses, eh?

Curmudgeon...

YOu have got the WRONG incident... I actually knew him and flew with him numerous times. I am actually alerting to other incidents within the company and not this poor sod who was one of the nicest crew members you could come across!!!

CHeers

EWRCabincrew

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:39 am

Quoting Kosmonaute (Reply 33):
He got what he deserved. Contracting AIDS is something no one deserves.

You play with fire, you get burned. I will always stick with that. He knows the risks, he still chose to act. You get what you pay for. We all have and make choices, he has to live with those consequences.

Quoting Kosmonaute (Reply 33):
Contracting AIDS is something no one deserves.

Know AIDS, No AIDS.
You can't cure stupid

Curmudgeon

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:52 am

Quoting Airnewzealand (Reply 37):
YOu have got the WRONG incident

Oh, sorry then. WRT to theft, malfeasance etc etc...yes, I am aware that it happens. It's human nature, and part of our rich genetic heritage. Wow! I am also aware that two-fisted grabbing of wealth and narrow self-interest seems to be the new corporate ethos, at least as recently demonstrated by QF executives, so: monkey see, monkey do.

Regards

Cur...
Jets are for kids

Curmudgeon

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:59 am

Quoting Zeke (Reply 31):
QF could have handled this many ways, in my view the way it was done was not the smartest.

Yes, agreed. But then you and I are never surprised at that, are we?  Wink

Quoting Zeke (Reply 31):
What if the alleged income amount was below the tax free threshold ?

Beats me. If its extra income I'd guess she'd need to declare it, hence the investigation.
Jets are for kids

Downunderflyer

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:50 am

Qantas having prostitute's working as FA's will work in nicely with there new marketing statement

Q.A.N.T.A.S - Quickies Available Now in Toilet Ask Staff !!

airnewzealand

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:53 am

Quoting Curmudgeon (Reply 39):
Oh, sorry then. WRT to theft, malfeasance etc etc...yes, I am aware that it happens. It's human nature, and part of our rich genetic heritage. I am also aware that two-fisted grabbing of wealth and narrow self-interest seems to be the new corporate ethos, at least as recently demonstrated by QF executives, so: monkey see, monkey do

Couldnt agree more myself!!!!!

Cheers

multimark

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:21 am

Certainly gives a whole new meaning to "buy on board".

tommytoyz

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:20 am

Q.A.N.T.A.S

Queers And Nymphomaniacs Trained As stewardses

MCOGVADCA

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:12 pm

gives a new meaning to in-flight service...
12 months: mdl heh rgn kmg nng sha gmp icn can pvg sfo mco lwc sin dps cdg gva

hz747300

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:17 pm

Quoting Multimark (Reply 43):
Certainly gives a whole new meaning to "buy on board".

and onboard it would be GST (duty) free! Sir Richard Branson could double his profit!
Keep on truckin'...

brons2

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting MCOGVADCA (Reply 45):
gives a new meaning to in-flight service...

...another fully satisfied customer!  Big grin
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

707lvr

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:26 pm

Like so many crucial aviation topics here, this one left questions unanswered. For instance, did he get the high-class Sydney call girl rate or was it the cramped airline toilet rate? Some of us might want to know for future reference. How did they get caught anyway; don't the doors lock on Qantas? And which one blabbed about the lack of contraception anyway? Didn't they know it would bring forth the inevitable shrill AIDS comments? Expect that for a quick unprotected boink anywhere, even 35,000 feet up and 10,000 miles from nowhere.

Motorhussy

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:44 pm

Quoting Tommytoyz (Reply 44):
Q.A.N.T.A.S

Queers And Nymphomaniacs Trained As stewardses

You saying she was queer as well?

Quaint
Antipodeans
Not
Tolerating
Autocratic
Sectarians.

You're offensive! Get some civility bigot!

MH