mt99

Taca Out For 41% Of South American Market

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm

TACA is going to invest $84 million in doubling frequencies from Lima ( Caracas, Bogotá, São Paulo y Buenos Aires) and Increasing to 13 weekly flights between Lima and Quito.

This to increase market share from 26% to 41%.

http://www.laprensagrafica.com/economia/741630.asp

http://www.elsalvador.com/mwedh/nota...pleta.asp?idCat=2907&idArt=1258512
Step into my office, baby

juanchito

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:39 am

That's really good news for Taca. This routes will offer flexibility for travellers. Claudia Arenas from TA have mention that they wan't to open more routes or frequencies from GUA but there aren't slots (gates) on peak times, by the end of this year there will be 10 more gates at GUA. Do they plan to expand routes in GUA.

Regards,

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/

TACAA320

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:13 am

Quoting Mt99 (Thread starter):
TACA is going to invest $84 million in doubling frequencies from Lima

Really good news for TA!  bouncy 
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

RCS763AV

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting Mt99 (Thread starter):
This to increase market share from 26% to 41%.

You mean 41% of the international market out of Lima...It would be impossible for them to have that share of the whole SA market. Just look at LA, AV, AR, JJ they are much bigger. And they wouldnt cover an extra 15% of the market with 5 new daily flights....

Though i am happy for TA, their LIM hub seems to be finally paying off. It would have been nicer that BOG-LIM had gone 2x daily, not 9x weekly.

Hope to see more of those airbii in Colombian skies.

TACAA320

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 3):

You mean 41% of the international market out of Lima...

This may clarify the point [sorry in Spanish]: "

TACA con más destinos en países suramericanos

La aerolínea busca elevar 41% la participación de sus frecuencias en esa región.

La aerolínea TACA anunció ayer que aumentará sus frecuencias en Suramérica desde Perú, con una inversión de unos $84 millones y como parte de un plan con el que prevé elevar a un 41% su participación en el mercado de la región.

El vicepresidente comercial de TACA, Estuardo Ortiz, destacó que a partir del 15 de mayo TACA duplicará sus frecuencias diarias entre Lima y Caracas, Bogotá, São Paulo y Buenos Aires, e incrementará a 13 sus vuelos semanales entre Lima y Quito.

“Tenemos el gusto de informarles que hemos decidido hacer una inversión bastante fuerte este año en nuestro centro de conexiones suramericano (...) Esta inversión está más o menos alrededor de los $84 millones”, afirmó Ortiz."
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

mt99

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Good point.. sorry for the misunderstanding..

Lear777

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:16 am

I had the opportunity to fly CCS-LIM-CUS-LIM-CCS last week. I loved their A321 product, which has ample room for a tall person even when the person in front reclines.

I did have three complaints with the TACA Peru service....

1. We had 45 minutes to connect Cuzco-Lima-Caracas. The plane was late, and we (along with a dozen others) ended up running through Lima and barely made the Caracas connection. We got very little sympathy from TACA reps, who refused to even radio ahead that we had arrived and were on our way. In addition, when we asked the CSA about alternatives if we missed our flight, she quickly got flustered and we suddenly found ourselves subject to "random" secondary baggage screening. What a coincedence... This aside, I'd like to see TACA add additional Cuzco-Lima trips for better connectivity. LAN, after all, flies it ten times a day. TACA flies one.

2. Bussing. We were routinely bussed to and from the aircraft in Caracas and Lima. I am not generally picky, but this is a painfully slow process and not a very good show when the direct competition, LAN, is unloading at the gate right in front of you.

3. We experienced an hour long weather delay on LIM-CUS. Whereas LAN, Star Peru, and Aero Condor made numerous announcements about their flight status, TACA made none. The TACA representative at the gate remarked that he frankly had no idea what was happening or when the flight might leave. Again, not a huge problem, but it hurts when the competition is showing you up right in front of the customer.

I was also curious why we received a small sandwich snack on the 1 hr Cuzco flights, but had to pay for food on the 4 hr Caracas run.

I liked TACA inflight, and would fly their A321 again in a heartbeat. The Lima hub is modern and nice. However, I would seriously consider LAN in the future because it seems like they have their operation a bit more organized and efficient, and the ground service of TACA was quite the mess.

That all said, I do wish them luck- they will need it against LAN.

Brian
Go Astros!

juanchito

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:26 am

Guys, really goods news in TACA they will start offering the food for free again.

Menú gratuito: A partir del 15 de abril se ofrecerá un selecto menú que puede comprender snacks –en caso de vuelos cortos- hasta platos de comida caliente acompañados de ensaladas y postres. Todo esto de forma gratuita y en una nueva, atractiva y cómoda presentación.

From Taca Website

Juanchito

juanchito

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:31 am

Here is more info Taca increase schedule

http://news.taca.com/esp/nws/nwsbro.asp?key=772

Juanchito

TACAA320

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 8):

Really good news.
Definitely TA is implementing new policies, services and destinations [SDQ] for the benefit of the this great Continent.

andahuailas

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Quoting Lear777 (Reply 6):
I liked TACA inflight, and would fly their A321 again in a heartbeat. The Lima hub is modern and nice. However, I would seriously consider LAN in the future because it seems like they have their operation a bit more organized and efficient, and the ground service of TACA was quite the mess.

Taca's service is non-existent system wide. Airport agents are not trained with basic courtesy and manners. Criticism to their agents is usually an invitation for further abuse. Their bording process in most airports resembles cattle moved around in a ranch.

TACAA320

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting Andahuailas (Reply 10):

You're entitle to your very own "opinion", nevertheless your comments are not precisely according to reality.

TACAA320

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 pm

This aside, I'd like to see TACA add additional Cuzco-Lima trips for better connectivity.

Wish granted:

[Sorry only in Spanish]. "Con la citada expansión, desde Lima se operarán las siguientes frecuencias: A El Salvador: 9; a San José: 10; A Guayaquil, 4; a Quito, 13; a Bogotá: 14; a Caracas: 14; a Cuzco: 6; a Santiago de Chile, 7; a Buenos Aires: 14; a La Paz; 7; a Santa Cruz, Bolivia: 3; a Sao Paulo, 14. " Source" www.taca.com

6 frecuencies will be added to Cuzco.

I was also curious why we received a small sandwich snack on the 1 hr Cuzco flights, but had to pay for food on the 4 hr Caracas run.

This is going to change.
Begining April 15th.: [Sorry, in Spanish once again...] "Comida de cortesía a bordo
Para satisfacer plenamente a sus clientes, TACA implementará desde el 15 de abril próximo, su nuevo patrón de servicio de comidas a bordo.

Con nuevas y atractivas presentaciones, la aerolínea servirá comida de cortesía, dentro de 3 conceptos diferentes, así:

Servicio boquitas, en 3 opciones diferentes (pastelería dulce, pastelería salada o papalinas), durante los vuelos donde no hay un tiempo de comida, según el horario de la ruta.
Durante los vuelos de aproximadamente hora y media, se servirá un sándwich y un producto adicional, ya sea galleta o barra nutritiva.
En vuelos de más de 1 hora y media, TACA servirá un tiempo de comida completo, según el país donde se origine el vuelo.

El servicio de bebidas de cortesía seguirá vigente.

Por otra parte, se brindará un servicio más ligero en vuelos nocturnos y se incluirán boquitas al final de cada vuelo de larga duración. Los viajeros en Clase Ejecutiva recibirán comida caliente diferenciada en todos los vuelos.

Con el establecimiento de este nuevo patrón de servicio de comida, TACA demuestra su preocupación por ampliar la calidad de sus servicios en una de las fases más importantes de su cadena de atención al cliente, como es el tiempo de vuelo a bordo de las aeronaves."
Source:

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 8):
http://news.taca.com/esp/nws/nwsbro.asp?key=772

I would seriously consider LAN in the future because it seems like they have their operation a bit more organized and efficient, and the ground service of TACA was quite the mess.

It's up to you sir.

AF086

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:46 pm

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 12):
[Sorry only in Spanish]. "Con la citada expansión, desde Lima se operarán las siguientes frecuencias: A El Salvador: 9; a San José: 10; A Guayaquil, 4; a Quito, 13; a Bogotá: 14; a Caracas: 14; a Cuzco: 6; a Santiago de Chile, 7; a Buenos Aires: 14; a La Paz; 7; a Santa Cruz, Bolivia: 3; a Sao Paulo, 14. "

I think it would be interesting for TA to fly to GIG (all of the Brazil - Peru flights are GRU-LIM). So the GIG-LIM market is totally neglected. Could we see TA serving Rio in the near future?
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

TACAA320

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:48 pm

Quoting AF086 (Reply 13):
Could we see TA serving Rio in the near future?

Not soon. TA codeshare such route with JJ.

AF086

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 14):
Not soon. TA codeshare such route with JJ.

TA codeshares the GRU-GIG leg. There isn't any airline flying GIG-LIM nonstop.
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

TACAA320

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting AF086 (Reply 15):

TA codeshares the GRU-GIG leg.

You're right.
Sorry. My mistake.

USADreamliner

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:01 am

You mean 41% of the international market out of Lima...It would be impossible for them to have that share of the whole SA market. Just look at LA, AV, AR, JJ they are much bigger. And they wouldnt cover an extra 15% of the market with 5 new daily flights....

I agree with you. No airline can have 41% of south america market... except for LAN, stretching its tentacles all over the region.

TACAA320

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 17):

Re-read post #5.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 5):

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 5):
Good point.. sorry for the misunderstanding..

carmenlu15

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:52 am

You know what I always say in these threads... it's so great to see TA expanding. Big grin

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 7):
Guys, really goods news in TACA they will start offering the food for free again.

You mean food? As in real food?!  Wow! Unbelievable...

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 12):
6 frecuencies will be added to Cuzco.

Actually, it's not 6 more frequencies, but 6 in total (including the already existing flights),
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

juanchito

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:03 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 19):
You mean food? As in real food?! Unbelievable...

Yep real free food again, check the link.

Juanchito

tomascubero

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:12 am

Taca's service is non-existent system wide. Airport agents are not trained with basic courtesy and manners. Criticism to their agents is usually an invitation for further abuse. Their bording process in most airports resembles cattle moved around in a ranch.

You are wrong. TACA is not a rubbish airline and it actually is better in service than many other LatAm airlines. For starters, 90% or more of their flights are on-time and I can prove it because I always see them leave on time from SJO and when I fly them (and trust me I fly them a lot) they are always on time. Their agents are very friendly people, at least what I have seen in Central America and Miami and your last expression of "cattle moved around in a ranch" is absolutely not true, I have seen other airlines which are worse in that matter and I can guarantee you TA is not that.

Yes, TA behaves bad somtimes, like the time when they sued Copa for increasing frequencies to SAL and the court gave TA (of course) the win over CM, that was terrible but my point of view is for Lacsa flights, with Costa Rican crew and employees which are extremely friendly and professional.

Regards,
Tomas.

cptGirmayTesfa

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:07 am

Actually, it's not 6 more frequencies, but 6 in total (including the already existing flights),

So no increase at all? If I am not mistaken they already fly to Cuzco 6 times a week?

Nice that they serve food again; a lot of our clients complained about this.

Good that they introduce more flights Lima-Quito. From the release, I assume that they will add Quito in the evening bank. At the moment, there are only two flights a day (LAN and Taca) more or less at the same time...

TACAA320

RE: Taca Out For 41% Of South American Market

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:22 am

You know what I always say in these threads... it's so great to see TA expanding.

Indeed.

Right.

Quoting Tomascubero (Reply 21):
You are wrong. TACA is not a rubbish airline and it actually is better in service than many other LatAm airlines. For starters, 90% or more of their flights are on-time and I can prove it because I always see them leave on time from SJO and when I fly them (and trust me I fly them a lot) they are always on time. Their agents are very friendly people, at least what I have seen in Central America and Miami and your last expression of "cattle moved around in a ranch" is absolutely not true, I have seen other airlines which are worse in that matter and I can guarantee you TA is not that.

Very well said !  yes 

Their bording process in most airports resembles cattle moved around in a ranch.

Absolutely wrong !  Angry

TACAA320

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:32 am

This aside, I'd like to see TACA add additional Cuzco-Lima trips for better connectivity. LAN, after all, flies it ten times a day. TACA flies one.

Quoting CptGirmayTesfa (Reply 22):
So no increase at all? If I am not mistaken they already fly to Cuzco 6 times a week?

If Lear777 said the truth [which I doubt it] TA is increasing such route with five additional flights.

Lear777

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:29 pm

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 24):
If Lear777 said the truth [which I doubt it] TA is increasing such route with five additional flights.

Check the schedules my friend- ten LAN flights a day LIM-CUZ-LIM. LAN also advertises their flights all over the Cuzco airport, including a big poster right behind the initial security check. I didn't say anything about the TACA increases- I'm still unclear from what has been said here as to what their final Cuzco service will be.

At least with an additional LIM-CCS, their will be an option if passengers don't make the early Caracas flight.

Brian
Go Astros!

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 am

Quoting Lear777 (Reply 25):
Check the schedules my friend- ten LAN flights a day LIM-CUZ-LIM.

I never said that they [LA] don't fly ten times a week to Cuzco. My doubt was about your statement regarding that ...

TACA flies one.

which is definitely not true.

[Edited 2007-03-25 17:33:58]

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:41 am

The plane was late, and we (along with a dozen others) ended up running through Lima and barely made the Caracas connection.

"Al respecto, cabe señalar que en el 2006 Taca obtuvo a nivel de Sudamérica, el promedio más alto de la industria: 99.66% en puntualidad y 99.22% en cumplimiento de itinerarios..."
http://news.taca.com/esp/nws/nwsbro.asp?key=771
TA's punctuality in South America during 2006: 99.22%. The highest in the industry in such region!

787kq

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:32 am

When I have flown TACA it has been enjoyable, good service and clean comfortable aircraft. If you want a cattle-call for a boarding call, fly Lufthansa, which doesn't board by zones or seat numbers.

2. Bussing. We were routinely bussed to and from the aircraft in Caracas and Lima. I am not generally picky, but this is a painfully slow process and not a very good show when the direct competition, LAN, is unloading at the gate right in front of you.

The airport at Lima decides who gets gates and who gets buses, based on revenue maximization (size of plane, time at gate, use of other services). When the expansion of the concourse is completed shortly, there will be enough gates so that busing will be at a minimum during peak times.

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting 787KQ (Reply 28):
The airport at Lima

Interesting link....
http://www.lap.com.pe/otros.html

JRDC930

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 am

I flew TACA once, excellent service, excellent airline. Everyone in Latin America is lucky to have well run airlines with such high service standards and good management as opposed to the crap i have to fly in the US. I really hope TACA succeeds in the region, it would be nice flying with them to more destinations even if i have to make several connections, rather than fly with some U.S. airline. Its too bad they arent expanding in the U.S. though  Sad Anyways Good luck TACA!  bigthumbsup 
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...

willyj

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 am

You are wrong. TACA is not a rubbish airline and it actually is better in service than many other LatAm airlines. For starters, 90% or more of their flights are on-time and I can prove it because I always see them leave on time from SJO and when I fly them (and trust me I fly them a lot) they are always on time.

Is the 90% figure an actual statistic, or is it just your estimate from what you've observed at one of their destinations and on the flights you've flown on? Hardly prooving anything other than the small portion of their flights that you've observed or been on have been ontime, or close to it.

But I agree that compared to other airlines in the region, they do a good job.

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:10 am

Quoting Willyj (Reply 31):

Is the 90% figure an actual statistic, or is it just your estimate from what you've observed at one of their destinations and on the flights you've flown on?

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 27):
TA's punctuality in South America during 2006: 99.22%. The highest in the industry in such region!

Is an statistic. He's just simply right.

An in addition to the previous...

"

Category: Airlines
It applies in: General Date: 1/29/2007

TACA: WORLD CLASS RESULTS DURING 2006

TACA strengthens its leadership in Latin America, through its results in On Time Performance and flight schedule completion, among others.

· The results demonstrate a consistent plan to improve customer service standards.

TACA (Transportes Aéreos del Continente Americano) obtained during 2006, a 99.7% of fulfillment in flights planned within its ample route structure, covering 35 destinations in 19 countries of America. Only 0.3% of scheduled flight segments were canceled.

In addition, TACA is located among the first in On Time Performance indexes, the airline obtained 91.9% of on time arrivals among the total of itinerated flights made during last year.

Also, TACA obtained, fulfilling industry standards, that only 1.15 per 1.000 passengers were affected by overbooking of tickets, a common practice within the civil aviation industry, whose overall standards are 1.25. Thanks to cutting edge technology, TACA can detect reservations that will not be used in order to maintain flight inventories in accordance with reality.

During December, luggage handling (mainly from North to Central America) was highly satisfactory (even having higher occupation rates, since more than 274 thousand passengers were transported in that month) thanks to a maximization of loading processes and the computer systems though which an excellent balance was maintained between the luggage pieces permitted per ticket and the excess baggage pieces, that in common agreement between the passenger and the airline, arrive at their destination in a 6 days term after the passengers flight.

It is important to highlight that TACA has a more flexible luggage policy in comparison to that of other airlines, since in addition to the transported luggage without cost in accordance with the ticket, TACA allows the paid transfer of all the luggage that the passenger needs to transport in all its routes, with the exception of some destinations during high season.

In opinion of Claudia Arenas Bianchi, TACA’s Corporate Communications Director, “the obtained results are owed to the evaluation and constant improvements of the standards observed by TACA, in order to fulfill its clients’ expectations and as a consequence maintain their preference”. "

Source: http://news.taca.com/eng/nws/nwsbro.asp?key=742

[Edited 2007-03-26 02:14:42]

Lear777

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 26):
TACA flies one.

which is definitely not true.

Too bad it is. TACA flies Lima-Cuzco six times per week- not even daily. If you don't believe me, check the schedules- it's TACA 008 and 007. I am not trying to be argumentative, but if they had additional flights, I wouldn't be here discussing this in the first place.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 27):
The plane was late, and we (along with a dozen others) ended up running through Lima and barely made the Caracas connection.

"Al respecto, cabe señalar que en el 2006 Taca obtuvo a nivel de Sudamérica, el promedio más alto de la industria: 99.66% en puntualidad y 99.22% en cumplimiento de itinerarios..."

Good stat, and congrats to them. They are a good airline. But my flight was twenty minutes late, and when you have a forty five minute connection to start you've got problems. Fortunately we made it.

I sense from your user name that you are a TACA fan- the airline has a lot to be proud of. But their is still room for improvement.

Brian
Go Astros!

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Quoting Lear777 (Reply 33):

Too bad it is. TACA flies Lima-Cuzco six times per week- not even daily. If you don't believe me, check the schedules- it's TACA 008 and 007.

I know that. So why did you say that "TACA flies one."[reply #6]

Quoting Lear777 (Reply 33):
But my flight was twenty minutes late, and when you have a forty five minute connection to start you've got problems. Fortunately we made it.

Just show ONE airline that don't have delays.

Lear777

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Quoting 787KQ (Reply 28):
The airport at Lima decides who gets gates and who gets buses, based on revenue maximization (size of plane, time at gate, use of other services). When the expansion of the concourse is completed shortly, there will be enough gates so that busing will be at a minimum during peak times.

Interesting, I did not know that. Even for domestic flights, post-expansion?

They also bussed out to the aircraft in Caracas, both for TACA and LACSA. While I somewhat enjoyed the ride in the pod-thing, I still prefer the gate. I know LAN 767 flights board from a gate at Caracas; do LAN flights to Lima (and soon Bogota) board by bus or gate?

While boarding to the bus was chaotic, when it was done at the gate it was very organized and probably the quickest I have seen. I was quite happy with TACA in that regard.

By the way, I loved the approach into Cuzco. I have never seen anything quite like it, and we went into what looked like an earth flooding storm. We managed to make a silky landing a barely touched a cloud...I stopped by the cockpit to pass along my regards to the crew on such a nice job.

Brian
Go Astros!

Lear777

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:56 pm

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 34):
I know that. So why did you say that "TACA flies one."[reply #6]

Oh my gosh. I said LAN flies ten flights per day. I said TACA flies one. I said it because it's true- if anything, I gave them credit for one flight per week that they don't fly. Are we clear?

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 34):
Just show ONE airline that don't have delays.

Please. I am not picking on TACA (let me tell you about my delay on Continental flying home of you want delays), and cited only my experience. My whole point was that it was tough to make a forty five minute connection even without a delay. It was compounded by the fact that there was one. I wished aloud that TACA would offer a more convenient option for passengers flying Cuzco-Lima-Caracas. That's it. Besides the weather delay inbound to Cuzco, which I agree with, everything went off smoothly. I have already acknowledged that TACA did some great things for me on this trip, and that I would fly them again.

Brian
Go Astros!

airnewzealand

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:25 pm

You are wrong. TACA is not a rubbish airline and it actually is better in service than many other LatAm airlines. For starters, 90% or more of their flights are on-time and I can prove it because I always see them leave on time from SJO and when I fly them (and trust me I fly them a lot) they are always on time.

LMAO... I dont think TACA only serve SJO... their are other destinations also!!! That is indeed the airliners.net best quote of the year! Because you saw them...shock... it must be a statistic!!!

tomascubero

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Quoting Airnewzealand (Reply 37):
LMAO... I dont think TACA only serve SJO... their are other destinations also!!! That is indeed the airliners.net best quote of the year! Because you saw them...shock... it must be a statistic!!!

FYI SJO is one hub out of three, SAL and LIM are the other too. We have a lot of flights by them leave here, so that makes it quite a big chunk of flights, 1/3 if you want to say.

You can also refer to the report they made and TACAA320 published on the top, it is true, they are very much on time.

787kq

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting Lear777 (Reply 35):
Interesting, I did not know that. Even for domestic flights, post-expansion?

After the additional gates are built, there should be enough for even domestic flights. Lima's airport is configured so that several gates can be used either for international or domestic flights by opening and closing doors. The domestic peak times are generally different from the domestic peaks.

Cusco's climate issues contribute to periodic delays to and from the airport. TACA Peru has only one domestic flight the one to and from Cusco in the morning (I believe when weather is best), which connects on the return to Lima to other flights from Southern South America. Unfortunately, connections to Cusco on TACA are not the best but are competitive with LAN when arrriving on international flights from the north.

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:34 pm

Re-read post 27.

mt99

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Last night took some American friends to the local (US) Pollo Campero branch. And the service made me thing about TACA's service and i came up with a plausible explantion for the percieved bad service.

I found that Pollo Campero's service is as rough around the edges as TACA's. Everyone in the restaurant was well intentioned and helpfull when the screwed up my friends other. But when u look at the detials, things are not up to hmm how can i put this.. lets try "american accepted standards"..

TACAs service is the same way. The good intention is there - but lets begin with the fact the costumer service in Central America is severly lacking, and that low expectation of service filters thru the companies in question. I do belive that the management of both companies is aware of it and trying to improve.. but IMHO .. will take some time..

TACAA320

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 41):

Last night took some American friends to the local (US) Pollo Campero branch.

Is there a "Pollo Campero" at Bouvet Island?

carmenlu15

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:17 am

Indeed they do serve more destinations than only SJO... still, that doesn't take away from the fact that their OTP is very good. Link (in English): http://news.taca.com/eng/nws/nwsbro.asp?key=742

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 41):
TACAs service is the same way. The good intention is there - but lets begin with the fact the costumer service in Central America is severly lacking, and that low expectation of service filters thru the companies in question. I do belive that the management of both companies is aware of it and trying to improve.. but IMHO .. will take some time..

checkmark  checkmark  checkmark  The return of free meals is a HUGE step forward, IMO.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 42):
Is there a "Pollo Campero" at Bouvet Island?

It's all part of their current expansion plans...  Silly
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

TACAA320

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:36 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 43):
It's all part of their current expansion plans...

GREAT!

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 43):
It has been proven that, contrary to popular belief, not ALL men are sexist pigs. Only 99.9999999999999999% of them are.

No Carmen. A few ones among us are just "fat".

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos