krsw757

Condor To Stop Flights To Ft. Myers (RSW)

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:21 pm

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....D=/20070323/BUSINESS/70322093/1014

With Condor dropping the route anyone think Lufthansa will start services to Frankfurt, or if LTU will pick it up or go daily to to Munich or Dusseldorf. It will be sad to see Condor

MCOflyer

RE: Condor To Stop Flights To Ft. Myers (RSW)

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:34 pm

LTU flies there already if i'm not mistaken. I don't think LH would do a flight unless its 1x weekly. Anyone have the load factors for these flights.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

miaskies

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 pm

LH would never do this route, this is an extreme leisure route and they would much rather in my opinion focus on routes that have more of a business market. With MIA being so close it makes no sense, they already serve MIA daily 744 from Frankfurt and LX from Zurich. MIA offers plenty of connections to RSW via American Eagle and Continental Connection (Gulfstream)

LTU does fly to RSW from Munich/Dusseldorf (I think it varies) as a tag along to MIA. MIA sees nonstop LTU service and RSW Tag Along Service. I think LTU is more than enough at RSW as far as the German market.
Nothing better than making love at 35K Feet!

A342

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting MIASkies (Reply 2):
LTU does fly to RSW from Munich/Dusseldorf (I think it varies) as a tag along to MIA. MIA sees nonstop LTU service and RSW Tag Along Service. I think LTU is more than enough at RSW as far as the German market.

That has changed. Let me sum it up: This summer, MIA will be served 3x/week from DUS and 2x/week from MUC, each nonstop. RSW will also be served 3x/week from DUS and 2x/week from MUC nonstop. No tag-on flights anymore!
Exceptions confirm the rule.

mucflyer

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:37 am

obviously an arrangement between both airlines...
LTU pulls out of Orlando and Condor pulls out of Fort Myers. So, no more competition in Florida.
Similar ist the german situation. LTU pulls out of Frankfurt and shifted several longrange flights to Munich. Condor shifted all longrange flights from Munich to Frankfurt. By chance... ? Your decision...  Smile
There are still rumors about a possible merger between both leisure carriers here...

tommybp251b

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:41 am

Quoting MUCFLYER (Reply 4):
There are still rumors about a possible merger between both leisure carriers here...

How will this work out according to the contracts of the DE Pilots? Aren't they to much into LH?
Tom from Cologne

mucflyer

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:29 pm

You are right, for the next 2-3 years during the transitional period, not easy too handle. Most Condor Pilots can still switch to Lufthansa which will be the logical option for them...