Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

AF 744s To Return To ATL

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:00 pm

Though I'll never be able to empathize...
For those Atlantans who perpetually whine about the almost exclusive presence of magnificent twinjets on that hub's intercontinental routings:

AF has it seems posted the Hunchback of Puget Sound to ATL-CDG in the scheds, marking the return of scheduled transatlantic passenger service by the 747 from Atlanta.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ryan Gaddis - Spot This!

Up in capacity, but it now means there's no F-service on any nonstop between the city pairs.

HB-IWC

RE: AF 744s To Return To ATL

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:46 pm

This change has long been announced. AF had to put the B744s that have come off the COI network, after being replaced by new B77Ws somewhere. ATL, YYZ and an additional YUL flights with B744 are just some of the cities that will receive these aircraft this summer. All of the aircraft have been reconfigured to the AF mainline configuration already.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Thread starter):
Up in capacity, but it now means there's no F-service on any nonstop between the city pairs.

ATL CDG saw the end of the Air France First Class service already before the deployment of the B744 on the route. During the previous winter season, AF had changed the 3-class B772ER for a 2-class A343 on its own ATL flight. This 2-class setup is apparently designed to bring the product in line with that of DL on the route, although it baffles me why AF can't fill even 4 First seats on such an important interhub link.

haggis79

RE: AF 744s To Return To ATL

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:01 pm

I hopefully will be on one of those on my way NUE-CDG-ATL-SLC next July... even more hopefully in the upper deck...  crossfingers 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos