BALandorLivery
Topic Author

How Will The CRJ Package Freighter Be Loaded?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:57 am

Those CRJ's that are going to West Air Europe and that are being converted to freighter are having no cargo door fitted.

Does this literally mean that packages will be loaded by man power through the main door?

And if it does, is this a novelty in the cargo sector?

doug_or

RE: How Will The CRJ Package Freighter Be Loaded?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting BALandorLivery (Thread starter):
And if it does, is this a novelty in the cargo sector?

I think Abex used to do this on larger aircraft
When in doubt, one B pump off

AV8AJET

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:13 am

I would think they would just use the cargo door at the rear under the number 1 engine. This would be the cheapest and with the bulkhead removed between the cargo hold and passenger cabin this would be fine in my opinion.
"To fly or not to fly there is no question!"

eraugrad02

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:27 am

Quoting AV8AJET (Reply 2):
I would think they would just use the cargo door at the rear under the number 1 engine. This would be the cheapest and with the bulkhead removed between the cargo hold and passenger cabin this would be fine in my opinion.

Dude that door doesnt even get big animal kennels thru there. I know from loading them while i was in college. Best to do a big side door in front of wing.
Desmond MacRae in ILM

DeltaGuy

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:14 am

Not to mention you have a nice big engine hitting your head as you enter that cargo door. Spent many a good long nap inside those bins...they're better off enlarging the door. Worst case, they hand carry it on....the cabin isn't THAT big.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan