miamix707

Silversky: New Argentinian Airline Gets 1st 737

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:52 am

As I type the first plane for this startup is on it's way from Miami-Manaus and then on to Cordoba (Argentina). The airline plans to start flying in June and the hub will be in the city of Cordoba.

Aircraft is ex Delta N381DL

some pics (not great but at least it's something). As it's the norm, the paintscheme is ugly as hell but well that has been the trend in Latin American paintschemes for a while now.

without titles

here with fuselage logos added
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9089/n381silversky75nm.jpg
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2346/n381silversky89ld.jpg

enjoy

md90fan

RE: Silversky: New Argentinian Airline Gets 1st 73

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:00 am

Just what we need, another unimaginative livery in South America. They seem to be a breeding grounds for these kinds of liveries huh?  sarcasm 

Well anyways, best of luck to them (At least the 'ole gal is getting some love  cheerful  ). Cordoba is a nice town, I remember when CU flew there every once in a while to provide links to Habana for the Cuban population.

Saludos,
Devan  cool 
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

Cubsrule

RE: Silversky: New Argentinian Airline Gets 1st 737

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:24 am

I assume they'll be flying COR-AEP... what else?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

miamix707

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 1):
Well anyways, best of luck to them (At least the 'ole gal is getting some love ). Cordoba is a nice town, I remember when CU flew there every once in a while to provide links to Habana for the Cuban population.

Look at that, I didn't know Cubana flew to Cordoba, I could ask a friend of mine who lives there when it did but he isn't really into planes lol. To be honest not even sure if they still fly to EZE, I guess they still do? perhaps with the IL-62. No pics of it there last time I checked.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 2):
I assume they'll be flying COR-AEP... what else?

Where are the Argenitinian members, are you all alive  Smile ? As far as I know, there are 3 new domestic airlines in Argentina, SOL (using Saab 340s), Andes (MD-80s) and soon Silver Sky. Veteran airline LAER (currently not flying) is looking to re-lauch operations.

I'm glad there's more domestic competition by national airlines otherwise the void would eventually be filled by the oh so boring TACA and LAN who want to take over the whole continent.

stirling

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:27 pm

I don't want to hijack this thread, but it would be nice if there was some serious competion to the LAN machine on the other side of the Andes. LAN wants $559 to fly between SCL and IQQ.
There is another airline(s), Sky Airlines (H2) who share a website with Aerolineas del Sur, or it is the same entity, I couldn't really tell, but it was all very cheap looking which didn't go far in making me very comfortable, besides, they didn't even publish the fares! (Well they did.....if you gave them your email...which I don't do! Unless your a supermodel.....and about 10-15 kilos overweight.......)
Delete this User

miamix707

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting Stirling (Reply 4):
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it would be nice if there was some serious competion to the LAN machine on the other side of the Andes. LAN wants $559 to fly between SCL and IQQ.
There is another airline(s), Sky Airlines (H2) who share a website with Aerolineas del Sur, or it is the same entity, I couldn't really tell, but it was all very cheap looking which didn't go far in making me very comfortable, besides, they didn't even publish the fares! (Well they did.....if you gave them your email...which I don't do! Unless your a supermodel.....and about 10-15 kilos overweight.......)

There you go, the need for more competition is obvious, great example. The two airlines you mention are separate entities. Sky Airlines has flown for quite a few years, meanwhile "Aerolineas del Sur" is a new "Chilean" airline created by the Spanish Marsans group (Aerolineas Argentinas) hence the same ugly c/s as Aerolineas and 732 aircraft.