BA
Topic Author

LH Destinations From MUC Not Served From FRA

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:11 pm

I was reading this article in the Denver Post about Lufthansa's new Munich to Denver service and it mentions that Lufthansa offers connections to more than 91 cities from its Munich hub, some that aren't served from Frankfurt.

Lufthansa's Munich hub has connections to more than 91 cities, including some that aren't available through Frankfurt - to Trieste, Naples, Pisa, Ancona, Genoa, Cagliari and Catania in Italy; Krakow, Wroclaw and Poznan in Poland; Timisoara, Romania; Donetsk, Ukraine; and Bratislava, Slovakia.

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_5552146

This got me thinking...does anyone have a complete list of Lufthansa destinations from Munich that they don't serve from Frankfurt?

I know that Charlotte is only served from Munich. Is this Lufthansa's only long-haul destination that is served from Munich but not from Frankfurt?

Also, wasn't Guangzhou originally served only from Munich when it was started a few years ago? It looks like it's now operating only from Frankfurt. When did Lufthansa move this flight from Munich to Frankfurt?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited 2007-03-31 07:12:03]
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

TIA

RE: LH Destinations From MUC Not Served From FRA

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Another soon to be destination: TIA

filler filler filler

HB-IWC

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Quoting BA (Thread starter):
I know that Charlotte is only served from Munich. Is this Lufthansa's only long-haul destination that is served from Munich but not from Frankfurt?

Also, wasn't Guangzhou originally served only from Munich when it was started a few years ago? It looks like it's now operating only from Frankfurt. When did Lufthansa move this flight from Munich to Frankfurt?

CLT is only served from MUC if one doesn't count FRA CLT, which is operated by US. Lufthansa has indeed now and then started now longhaul destinations from MUC. CAN started from MUC as a tag to PVG and equally Busan (PUS) has just been started as a tag to the new MUC ICN flight. Also, LH operates its own MUC YUL flight, and only offers an AC codeshare at FRA. Occasionally LH has in the past also swapped longhaul destinations to MUC which were then for a while no longer available via FRA. Most recently, LH operated the KUL and SGN tags to BKK from MUC. KUL and SGN flights have since returned to FRA.

OD720

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:06 pm

Yerevan (EVN) is also served from MUC only. I think it's a 3x weekly, currently on CRJs and upgraded to Airbus narrowbody in the busier periods.

SailorOrion

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:54 pm

EVN is a 4x weekly at the moment, and a very evil red-eye. Arrives in EVN in the dead of the night (0355) and reparts at 0435. (arrives MUC at 0555)

SailorOrion

CPH757

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:05 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 2):
CAN started from MUC as a tag to PVG and equally Busan (PUS) has just been started as a tag to the new MUC ICN flight.

Wasn't CAN a tag on on the FRA-MNL route until this year, where the changed it to a FRA-PUS tag-on?
Last flight: SAW-CPH on H9 on 02/11/09 - Next Flights: 23/12/09 CPH-AAL on QI, 30/12/09 CPH-LHR on SK, 19/01/10 CPH-CDG-

SailorOrion

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:23 pm

FRA-CAN is now nonstop/terminator with 5 weekly (either 340 or 34V, dunno which model)

SailorOrion

HB-IWC

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:15 pm

Quoting CPH757 (Reply 5):
Wasn't CAN a tag on on the FRA-MNL route until this year, where the changed it to a FRA-PUS tag-on?

I was talking about the start of the CAN route. When CAN was first launched, it was tagged to PVG and served from MUC as MUC PVG CAN. It was only later that CAN was served nonstop as FRA CAN MNL. It was not tagged to MNL but rather the other way around. PUS is a tag to ICN and is also served from MUC as MUC ICN PUS.

ankaraflyjet

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:46 pm

Ankara Munich Twice daily by LH
Izmir Munich daily by LH
Ankara Frankfurt daily is operated by THY but LH started codesahe recently

TK787

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:04 pm

Ankaraflyjet,
Merhaba, Welcome to the a.net.

On another note LH starts its 6th daily flight to IST, IST-MUC.

PanAm747

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am

I don't know if it's still the case, but is Sarajevo (SJJ) still only served by LH from München?
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

stylo777

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:40 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 9):
On another note LH starts its 6th daily flight to IST, IST-MUC.

I suppose you meant 3x FRA-IST and 3x MUC-IST?!?

also

MUC-DTM
MUC-AOI (opt by DLA)
MUC-BOD
MUC-CAG (opt by CLH)
MUC-CTA
MUC-EVN
MUC-OLB
MUC-PSA (opt by DLA)
MUC-TSR
MUC-GWT
MUC-TBS

A342

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:48 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 10):
I don't know if it's still the case, but is Sarajevo (SJJ) still only served by LH from München?

Yes, you're right.

TBS (Tbilisi) is also only served from MUC.
Exceptions confirm the rule.

BA
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 am

Thanks for all the feedback.

So basically as a general rule, MUC offers more connections to Central and Eastern Europe than FRA?

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 2):
CLT is only served from MUC if one doesn't count FRA CLT, which is operated by US.

Yes, I should have clarified that I'm only interested in flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional, and Lufthansa CityLine.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

dw9115

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:13 pm

You have to look at this way though too if US Airways flies CLT-FRA or United Airlines DEN-FRA why would they want to when there is not that much demand or if they are already flying two or three flights a day and they are you're partner why not fly MUC-CLT or MUC-DEN and help yourself and your partner airline.

SailorOrion

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Quoting BA (Reply 13):
So basically as a general rule, MUC offers more connections to Central and Eastern Europe than FRA?

As a general rule, MUC offers more European connections that FRA. FRA just gets bigger planes for the time being (on the average).

SailorOrion

swissgabe

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Quoting BA (Thread starter):
This got me thinking...does anyone have a complete list of Lufthansa destinations from Munich that they don't serve from Frankfurt?

BRN (Bern, Switzerland) is also being operated only to MUC and not FRA.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos