Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

AA: Buying Upgrades At Electonic Check In

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:42 am

Hi all,

I'm flying from AUS-CUN on Wed, April 4th. I was curious what dictates whether or not the electronic check in offers an upgrade available for purchase. Most recently, in November, my mom and I flew AUS-ORD-STL, and were offered the ability to upgrade to First on the ORD-STL segment. According to aa.com's Available Seats, only 5/22 are booked right now. Of course, all the AAdvantage elites upgrades must clear, but on a leasure route, I'm hopeful. Would this flight qualify (Flight 2063 DFW-CUN only) to be offered as an upgrade at the airport? What are the criteria/odds?

Thanks!
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

MGASJO

RE: AA: Buying Upgrades At Electonic Check In

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Thread starter):
What are the criteria/odds?

Are you Gold, Platinum or Executive Platinum? If you are you can purchase upgrade "stickers" 1 needed per every 500 miles of the trip. Each sticker is about $30.00

If you are not top tier you can also buy "stickers" but can only use them when a using a full fare refundable ticket -Y, B or H-
C208B

AA777-200

RE: AA: Buying Upgrades At Electonic Check In

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:09 pm

The kiosks offer a load factor based uprade. They are not available thru an agent. I read the formula how they are figured once but I cant remember what it was. They however are not available on international flights. I had a lady check in once and it offered an upgrade for like $55 and she had hit the decline then decided that she wanted it. She came up to me at the counter and was upset that I could not offer it to her. When I told her to try to check in again someone else had already beat her to the upgrade! Its a nice option for rev pax but its hard on a nonrev side cuz if the plane shows seats in First and then you get a few of these upgraded you can lose a seat pretty fast!

Brad

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos