critter

World Record For Passengers On A 727 Flight

Fri Jul 28, 2000 8:43 pm

This has got to be one of the most amazing stories that I have ever read! In 1975 a World Airways Boeing 727 made a flight with over 300 souls on board while being shot at and hit with hand grenades. check out this story from World's home page history section. http://worldair.bitwrench.com/magazine/worldhistory.htm

critter

TAA_Airbus

RE: World Record For Passengers On A 727 Flight

Fri Jul 28, 2000 9:17 pm

I reckon I could challenge that.
In 1974 during cyclone Tracey, arguably the worst ever to hit an Australian city, a Ansett 727 set a world record by lifting 311 passengers in 151 seats.

Your anecdote just beat mine, but atleast we didnt have passengers getting squashed by landing gears in the landing gear wells.

JETPILOT

RE: World Record For Passengers On A 727 Flight

Sat Jul 29, 2000 5:57 pm

Hey Critter. I flew that airplane 2 days ago. It belongs to Express.net. The doubling patches are visible on the wings and fuselage where the shrapnel tore through.

I have seen the footage shot aboard the airplane as it rolled out of the ramp and down the taxiway on it's way out of Ho Chi Mihn City.

The most memorable shot is from the top of the aft stairway you could see dozens of people running after the moving airplane trying to get aboard before departure. The aft airstairs were left down until immediately before departure to bring people onboard.

I never fail to think of the amazing past this aircraft has everytime I fly it.