USPIT10L
Topic Author

US/UA Codesharing

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:33 am

Hi all. Haven't seen a US or UA timetable lately and I was wondering just how much US Airways and United still codeshare with each other. Now that US has the west very well covered, do they codeshare less with UA? Same with UA in the east, correct? Thanks in advance.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

gift4tbone

RE: US/UA Codesharing

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:18 am

Well as far as the entire airline is concerned I'm not sure. But I do know here in PVD all four of our mainline originators have UA flight numbers attached. So it's still going on.

-Tony@PVD
Top 3 airports: PVD 23.9%(138 flights), PHL 14.7%(85 flights), PHX 10.2%(59 flights)

warreng24

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:31 am

Yes US East and UA still codeshare with each other.

The UA website shows plenty of BOS-PHL codeshare flights (operated by US East).

There are currently no US West and UA codeshares. I suspect that will all change when the certificates are merged and the contracts for the codeshares are worked out.

The US website currently has no ability to book UA codeshare flights since the "upgrade" of the website, according to some of the posts on FlyerTalk. You can still book codeshares via telephone reservations.

COERJ145

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 am

Quoting Warreng24 (Reply 2):
The US website currently has no ability to book UA codeshare flights since the "upgrade" of the website, according to some of the posts on FlyerTalk. You can still book codeshares via telephone reservations.

That website is a piece of junk, the airport maps are non-readable, no seat maps, and the in-ability to book UA codeshare flights(except international).

Quoting Warreng24 (Reply 2):
There are currently no US West and UA codeshares. I suspect that will all change when the certificates are merged and the contracts for the codeshares are worked out.

They do codeshare on international, example PHX-SFO(HP)-NRT(UA).

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 am

Their code-share is still quite significant. I know they code-share on all 5 of UA's DEN-BIL flights.
Good goes around!

atlaaron

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 am

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 4):
Their code-share is still quite significant.

Quite a bit out of PIT too.

whatusaid

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:28 am

Code share on paper, maybe not so much in practice? Flying CLT-SFO-FAT a couple week's back, US couldn't do my boarding pass for the SFO-FAT leg on UA. Now, if the US flight had been on time, I suppose no big deal, but when you've less than 20 minutes to go from one end of SFO to the other for a connection with no boarding pass in-hand, well, that's not my idea of a code share.

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting WhatUsaid (Reply 6):
Code share on paper, maybe not so much in practice? Flying CLT-SFO-FAT a couple week's back, US couldn't do my boarding pass for the SFO-FAT leg on UA. Now, if the US flight had been on time, I suppose no big deal, but when you've less than 20 minutes to go from one end of SFO to the other for a connection with no boarding pass in-hand, well, that's not my idea of a code share.

That's very odd that they couldn't do that for you. UA at BIL has always been great about getting my US boarding passes. Apparently UA's half of the code-share works out a little better than if you originate on US.
Good goes around!

flyboyaz

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 7):
Apparently UA's half of the code-share works out a little better than if you originate on US.

I work in TUS and I've seen twice since our systems merged, a UA boarding pass printed both at the kiosk and from the regular computer.
Catch a ride on a smile!

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 8):
I work in TUS and I've seen twice since our systems merged, a UA boarding pass printed both at the kiosk and from the regular computer.

They were printed from the US kiosks and USairways.com? The system merger must have helped something out.
Good goes around!