jmc1975

Prescott (PRC) Under EAS Review Again

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:49 pm

This should be interesting. For at least a dozen years, Mesa operated to PRC from PHX as America West Express, which provided ample hub connections. The genius who most recently awarded Great Lakes with the EAS contract should find another job in another industry as there is practically zero O&D traffic between the two cities. With the metro-Prescott area population now pushing 120,000, combined with the HP/US merger, one can expect this route to me more successful than ever if Mesa were to re-enter the market as US Airways Express.

http://prescottdailycourier.com/main...D=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=43449

midex461

RE: Prescott (PRC) Under EAS Review Again

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Yeah, I don't see why ZK got the subsidy over YV. I used to work customer service for YV, and most, if not all, the pax on our PRC flights were conx from somewhere else. If you're local, you just drive up I-17.
The article makes an interesting note about the possibility(?) of service to LAS from PRC. Probably a pipe dream of the PRC airport board, but still, an interesting thought.
Opinions and views expressed are MINE and do NOT represent the views of US Airways

jmc1975

RE: Prescott (PRC) Under EAS Review Again

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:33 pm

Quoting Midex461 (Reply 1):
The article makes an interesting note about the possibility(?) of service to LAS from PRC. Probably a pipe dream of the PRC airport board, but still, an interesting thought.

I actually think there would be far more O&D traffic on PRC-LAS than PRC-PHX. Although PHX is only a 90 minute drive, LAS still takes about 4 hours by car and is more of a destination.