MHG
Topic Author

Request Advice For Trip With Firefly (Malaysia)

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:38 am

Hi!

I´m travelling to Malaysia in may. Since i arrive in BKK from DUS (with LTU) and intend to continue to Malaysia from there i am planning to fly one-way with FIREFLY from either Phuket or Koh Samui to Penang (as my first destination in Malaysia) on may 8 or may 9.

The problem is that Firefly flights commence before they start offering the online booking facility (quite a bit weird to me...).
So, flights may be booked only locally at the airport or at local appointed travel agents...
These flights are NOT bookable through AMADEUS/SABRE/etc. ! ! !

Can anyone tell me how to book - not sure if i get a "reasonable" fare at short notice if i book after arrival in Thailand (just 1-2 days before departure)
Any other solution except calling the call center ??? (unfortunately i have so far only bad experiences with call centers...)
Also i´d like to know how much is a one-way incl. tax on the 2 resp. routes!

Thanks ahead for everybody´s help !
Juergen
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

flybeq400

RE: Request Advice For Trip With Firefly (Malaysia)

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:28 am

As they are a very new carrier I doubt anyone will have first hand experiences. I would recommend calling the call-center (24hr). I guess if they are run by MH the call center will be very helpful and efficient.

I may well be flying them from USM to Penang in April, if I do I will post trip deatails.

Best rgds,
Alistair

MHG
Topic Author

RE: Request Advice For Trip With Firefly (Malaysia)

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Well, i just "jumped over my own shadow" ...
So, i decided to try the call center last night.
And ...? I was impressed ! ! !
I had a very patient (something very uncommon in my experience with callcenters) and friendly agent on the phone ! It took me about 20 mins to make the reservation for the flight (HKT-PEN on may 8) becausei had a few times difficulties to understand him properly when spelling exact letters (since i had to write down the booking code etc. on a piece of paper).
Next to this we arranged that i get a confirmation e-mail a few hours later as he couldn´t do that immediately... Well, so far i haven´t received it...

But here´s an interesting experience !
After the booking this time i think i know for sure that MASTERCARD has a problem in Asia ! Because it´s the second time that it failed ! The first time it happened when i tried to book Cebu Pacific online. Always at the last stage it was rejected (using the card from my bank) After that incident i ordered additionally a VISA card from my bank that was fine already at the first attempt !
Just 2 weeks ago i returned the Mastercard from "my" bank to get one from Air Berlin (for collecting miles...) I received the Air Berlin Mastercard just last week and tried to use it for the Firefly booking. AND Irtysh-Avia (Kazakhstan)">IT FAILED ! ! ! Exactly the same as with Cebu Pacific happened.
Since i have a VISA card as back up now i used it then. AND??? N O P R O B L E M ! ! !
That´s something to take me into orbit ! ! !

Anyone out there having similar difficulties/experiences ?
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos