DeltaWings
Topic Author

Question About Sky Miles

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:49 pm

I signed up for Delta Sky Miles membership, but I'm not quite sure, whether my account has been "activated".
Delta wrote me this:
Your SkyMiles card and membership information will arrive approximately
6-8 weeks after the first activity has been posted to your account

Does this mean I have to fly Delta / partner airlines before i receive my card? What do they mean under activity?

THanks for any help

DeltaWings

[Edited 2007-04-03 13:54:16]
Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

gocaps16

RE: Question About Sky Miles

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Hmmm, I've been with Delta Skymiles since 2002. What happened with me, when I first signed up, Delta sent me a Skymiles Welcome Package along with my Delta Skymiles card. I think what Delta means is that the welcome package should take approx. 6-8 weeks. Also, just signing up, you'll get 1,000 bonus miles for joining, and that also takes 6-8 weeks to reflect on your account. Hope this helps, in a way.

Cheers!

Oh yea, after you sign up, your account is ready to go. The reason why I joined is becuase the Navy had put me on a flight from Norfolk to San Diego on Delta previously, so I had those miles credited to my account right away. So, several free trips out to San Diego and I reached medallion status in several months.

[Edited 2007-04-03 14:30:42]

georgiaame

RE: Question About Sky Miles

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:59 pm

And save every one of your boarding passes. Never throw them away until you see that your account has been credited with your miles. The DL computer is excellent, but it does hiccup sometimes, and miles can get lost. Your boarding pass is your proof to the airline that credit is due.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos