steady eddie

Monarch Airlines - The Choice For Ravers!

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:48 pm

According to http://www.flymonarch.com/cnt/news/index.asp?hdlId=893 Monarch will be painting a 757 in a special colour scheme to reflect their partnership with Hed Kandi, theres even a website http://www.flykandi.com/ where you can book flights and get a sneaky look at what the special livery might look like.

A risky move, I hope it works out for them!

Lite

RE: Monarch Airlines - The Choice For Ravers!

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:57 am

I thought it was an April Fools' Day stunt.
LCC Lover Lite

diesel1

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:31 pm

Hello Steady Eddie - you said...

Quoting Steady Eddie (Thread starter):
A risky move

Why do you think this? I would have thought it's just another logojet?

Cheers
I don't like signatures...

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:14 pm

Quoting Steady Eddie (Thread starter):
website http://www.flykandi.com/

and they've even got a competition going: Where is Ibiza
A. Spain
B. Portugal
C. Italy

If anyone got that wrong, I'm not sure they should be travelling anyway!

If you operate routes like BHX/MAN/LGW to IBZ then why not be the Clubbers' Airline?? I suspect that a large amount of traffic to IBZ is that particular demographic anyway. If you fly to NY, you want to be the Businessmans Airline for example, or Orlando Disneyland's Airline. You probably don't want to be the Clubbers' Airline to cultural places like Rome... yeh, we're gonna party party party till we puke on the collusium... umm, maybe not.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

Demoose

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:21 pm

Clever bit of marketing me thinks, i would be tempted!

[Edited 2007-04-04 15:23:16]
Take a ride...fly across the sky

steady eddie

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 2):
Why do you think this?

only because for most of it's life, this aeroplane will NOT be flying to IBZ, the IBZ scheduled flights are 4-5 times a week, and operationally its impossible to schedule a particular airframe for a particular line of flying for very long before it ends up operating a different programme, the challenge for Monarch ops will be to keep it on the IBZ line and even then it could only end up doing a handful of IBZ's with Hed Kandi bound pax. Its not a well known brand outside the clubbing community, so your Mr & Mrs Average on their Monarch Scheduled flight to their sleepy villa in AGP might feel a little disconcerted boarding a brazenly liveried (inside and out) 757 with hed kandi titling.

If a logojet had a recongnisable brand (ie a mobile phone company or similar) to the wider consumer then its easier to resolve.

Like I said, its risky but innovative nonetheless.

Demoose

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:46 am

Hed Kandi is a massively well recognized brand in the dance music world!!
Take a ride...fly across the sky

gigneil

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 am

OMG I want to go. Now.

My IAD-ZRH-BCN-IBZ-MAD-ZRH-IAD is no longer going to work for me if this is an option.

NS

luv2fly

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Steady Eddie (Reply 5):
only because for most of it's life, this aeroplane will NOT be flying to IBZ, the IBZ scheduled flights are 4-5 times a week, and operationally its impossible to schedule a particular airframe for a particular line of flying for very long before it ends up operating a different programme, the challenge for Monarch ops will be to keep it on the IBZ line and even then it could only end up doing a handful of IBZ's with Hed Kandi bound pax.

The passengers on the flights headed to IBZ already are aware of Hed Kandi for the most part. In reality with advertising you want to expose it to people who would otherwise be unaware and to get people talking, it seems like so far that has happened.
You can cut the irony with a knife

richardw

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 am

LGW-IBZ was good on BA, but the flights are now too late on a Friday, STN-IBZ on easyJet is more expensive, so this year it looks like an extra legroom seat on flyMonarch. Not into the clubs, just the beaches and late night eating and drinking outside and people watching.