DernierVirage
Topic Author

AF - New Arrangements For F Passengers At CDG

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:34 am

Effective today, 4 April, all AF first class passengers will use Terminal 2E at CDG, whatever the actual terminal used by their plane. It is all explained on the AF website, and there is even an AF press release about it. To sum up:

- there will be a dedicated check-in procedure and area
- separate channel from check-in through to the salon, accompanied by AF staff
- a new F class salon is being opened with added features
- passengers will be driven directly from the salon to the aircraft in a private car for boarding.

I read once that LH have a separate first class terminal at Frankfurt, so it seems that AF is doing something the same. I think it is a really good idea, I'm sure that it will take the stress out of departing from CDG.

Strange that there has not been more advance publicity from AF about this - I didn't receive any information from them, I just noticed by mistake on the website.

ContinentalEWR

RE: AF - New Arrangements For F Passengers At CDG

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:54 am

AF and ADP have to do a much better job of explaining to passengers how the terminals work. It's a mess!

Jano

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 am

Quoting JAAlbert (Reply 4):
For those of us who have never flown into CDG (such as myself!) can you tell us what are the problems with the terminals? What is so messed up? Thanx!

For the first time visitor to CDG this airport is RATHER confusing. It is subpar to AMS or FRA in how one can navigate and generally get from A to B.

However after flying via CDG several times in last 2 years I learnt my ways around this airport. So CDG is not that bad when one knows the place.

But if I were to have a 1 hour connection then I always would choose AMS over CDG. In AMS one can get from the far end of B to the far end of E in under 30 mins and I have done it. In CDG I would not dream about getting from CDG2 B terminal to the far end of CDG2 E terminal in under 30 minutes.
The Widget Air Line :)

SNATH

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting DernierVirage (Thread starter):
I read once that LH have a separate first class terminal at Frankfurt,

More information here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/91901/

Enjoy  Smile

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

timo007

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:39 am

This is great, too bad I am flying a one way first class ticket IAH-CDG, which means I will have no special treatment on the ground from what I understand. I was very surprised that Air France doesn't assist in taxi/car reservations into Paris or offer some type of post flight assistance when arriving in Paris in First. Even more shocking is that you only get 2 checked bags in First, while DL/NW/CO all offer 3 checked bags in Business.

Cheers,

Timo

DernierVirage
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:53 am

Quoting Timo007 (Reply 5):
This is great, too bad I am flying a one way first class ticket IAH-CDG, which means I will have no special treatment on the ground from what I understand.

I can confirm that your understanding is indeed correct - there is nothing at all special offered when you arrive at CDG in F class with AF, not even a separate bus service if the aircraft is parked away from terminal !

AOMlover

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:01 am

Here is the press release in English, along with some pictures.

http://www.airfrance.net/double6/Y1/...-NLPRL-070402premiere?OpenDocument

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos