FL370
Topic Author

Passengers With Head Lice

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:33 am

how do airlines deal with passengers with headlice? and when one passenger finds out that the person he's sitting next to has it, how does the airline deal or clean the problem of headlice running around on the plane?

fl370

N353SK

RE: Passengers With Head Lice

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:38 am

What airlines do you fly where passengers pick through each others' hair like monkeys looking for lice?

TSS

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:41 am

This could explain DL's switch to leather seats in Y class.  Wink
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

flymd

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am

The easiest way to avoid running into passengers with headlice is to stop flying WN (just kidding, please don't pounce WN-lovers)  Wink

I don't know how a fellow passenger would notice headlice (unless they were really scrutinizing their seatmates) but if a lice outbreak was discovered, fellow passengers (and probably any passengers on flights flown by that aircraft) would have to be notified and instructed to examine themselves and treat if needed. With regards to "de-contaminating" the aircraft, your guess is as good as mine.
Fly the friendly skies of life!. Enjoy every minute.

TSS

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:29 pm

Quoting FlyMD (Reply 3):
With regards to "de-contaminating" the aircraft, your guess is as good as mine.

Spray the heck out of every inch of upholstery on the aircraft with RID aerosol, then let it soak in for at least 24 hours.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

AsstChiefMark

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Did you ever notice the grease and dirt spots where peoples' lay their heads on airline seats without paper covers? Did you ever wonder what that grease and dirt is made of? Or where it came from? Or why it's there?

Like I've said before, all it takes is a course on microbiology and you'll never put your head there again. And you'll never use an airline pillow or blanket again.

Should I mention why taking your shoes off on an aircraft is bad?  Big grin

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail