GrimReaper

How To Choose The Right Training?

Sat Jul 29, 2000 10:27 pm

I`m working as an MP officer in The Royal Norwegian Airforce, but i`m planning to start my aviation training now at a civilian school/training centre. As there are a lot of offers out there, i need some advice to help me pick the right school. I`ve been accepted at NAIA and COM-AIR and a lot of other schools, but these two are the most interesting offers at the moment.

I want to go all the way into the airliners, which school should i use????

Yours sincerely

HE

RE: How To Choose The Right Training?

Sun Jul 30, 2000 9:06 am

Grim, even though my job is secure, I still keep my eyes on the job market. I won't go into any detail here, but one of our members, Doug Taylor, has what I think is the best site for a prospective airline pilot around. http://www.jetcareers.com.

From his site, link into the "will fly for food". Go to the bulletin board there and solicit someone's opinion for Comair. You are bound to get an answer. I can tell you that I have heard mixed reviews on Comair, but not too many details. People have strong reviews on programs on that board--Gulfstream Airlines, for instance got a very interesting response.

The other thing I would do is go to http://www.jetjobs.com--NOTE THAT IT IS "JOBS" not CAREERS. This is AirInc's site. Get a subscription! Just do it! This will keep your finger on the pulse of jobs and training programs not just in the USA but all over the world.

You will find a very CONCENTRATED audience of people like yourself who want to make the airlines a career, and you will get an honest response.

Hope this helps

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos