ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

CO OnePass... Worthless

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:00 am

So disappointed with this otherwise wonderful airline's FFP... I've recently been thoroughly reminded, yet again, as to why I started the NonePass site back in the day.

After having been denied ANY award availability to TPA after weeks of trying, and speaking with an (inactive) A.netter about the issue... I decided to spend the slow work day seeing if it really would be feasible for me to offload them on any worthwhile travel. So I called in to several different operators at different times of the day, attempting to find standard availability on ten different internatonal trips ranging from 3days to 9months out---- and scored zero of 10.

Pathetic.
The absolute best they could do was offer EasyPass redemption on two, which is a ripoff I'd never agree to.

Never had this problem with anywhere NEAR this amount of frequency on DL, AA, nor AF. A friggin' Concorde special award was ten thousand times easier to book than is this BS.

OnePass------ worthless!

Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

jetdeltamsy

RE: CO OnePass... Worthless

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 am

That's what having one of the most loyal customer bases in the US (Elites) gets you. LOTS of people earning reward travel and only so many seats to go around.

I think Onepass is an excellent and very competitive FQTV program. But if their best customers can't get seats, the value of the program is dramatically diminished.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

DFW13L

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:36 am

In my opinion Onepass is kind of middle of the road. Most of my experience is with AA, DL and CO. AA is by far the easiest to use miles, DL is by far the most difficult, and CO is in the middle. It all depends, of course on how far out you plan and when you plan to travel, etc. It could just be my luck, but this this has remained pretty constant for years and years.
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

artsyman

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:48 am

But if their best customers can't get seats, the value of the program is dramatically diminished.

Unfortunately Concordeboy (as nice as he may be) is not one of Continental's Best Customers. With no status at all on the airline, it is tough to redeem miles. Myself as a Platinum Onepass Member have had zero problem redeeming standard BF awards pretty much at will for when I need them.

deltairlines

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:21 am

Never been able to get an award ticket on CO using my SkyMiles...always have had to go with Delta or Northwest. Normally I stick with Delta due to no Saturday night stay requirement though, so my sample size is rather limited (only about 5 tries, all on MHT/BOS-(EWR)-GSO or vice-versa.

burnsie28

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:17 pm

Thats why there have been a lot of one pass members that switched to Worldperks or Skymiles, mostly WP because of NW and CO's longer history.

codc10

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:47 pm

I have found CO's partner availability at the Standard level to be good, and usually fair to poor on their metal. As mentioned, it all depends on the when and where. If you're looking to cash out to vacation destinations at peak times, good luck. I doubt you'll find different results anywhere. I have had some success in working out some more convoluted routings with phone agents in the past, who are (as a rule) very helpful, and with some prodding, usually can dig up some good finds.

FYI, without logging in with my Elite status and running few quick searches to Europe this summer from TPA (MXP, AMS, FRA), and I found surprisingly good Standard reward availability, with mostly Y available to MXP, and a good mix of J/Y to AMS/FRA. I suppose having status does make a difference. EWR-TPA searches yield almost daily Standard availability in both cabins.

Come on ConcordeBoy, it's never as bad as it seems!

artsyman

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Well for me, Onepass is good a few different levels:

1) Unlimited Elite Upgrades - As a primarily domestic flyer - I flew approx 100 upgradeable (not Express) segments on Continental last year, and was upgraded on all of them except for 6 flights.

2) Being based in Houston, no one can touch Continental

3) Despite the constant warblings I hear, I have yet to fail to get a standard award when I've needed it

I am aware that the picture is better for some than others. If you live in NYC and only fly EWR-LAX-EWR all year, then the upgrade % sucks ass, but I live in Houston, fly 250+ flights per year and Continental is great for me. I fly approx 50 United segments, 30-40 American segments, then a smattering of Southwest, jetbrutal, Northworst and finally as few DL segments as possible.

I feel like a have a decent grasp on what is on offer out there product wise, and the new planes, meals, pillows etc at Continental make it very worthhile for me.

sllevin

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm

CO's not known for great redemption. The value in their program lies elsewhere (mainly domestic upgrades).

If you are in infrequent flyer who gets a large portion of miles from credit cards, etc., it's not going to serve you well.

I'd find a reasonable location, EasyPass it, and burn the miles down and be done with it.

Steve

brons2

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Thread starter):
So disappointed with this otherwise wonderful airline's FFP... I've recently been thoroughly reminded, yet again, as to why I started the NonePass site back in the day.

After having been denied ANY award availability to TPA after weeks of trying, and speaking with an (inactive) A.netter about the issue... I decided to spend the slow work day seeing if it really would be feasible for me to offload them on any worthwhile travel. So I called in to several different operators at different times of the day, attempting to find standard availability on ten different internatonal trips ranging from 3days to 9months out---- and scored zero of 10.

Pathetic.
The absolute best they could do was offer EasyPass redemption on two, which is a ripoff I'd never agree to.

Never had this problem with anywhere NEAR this amount of frequency on DL, AA, nor AF. A friggin' Concorde special award was ten thousand times easier to book than is this BS.

OnePass------ worthless!

My dad just booked IAH-CDG r/t on One Pass miles last week, leaving Aug 15th and returning Aug 30th. He'll be joining me as I attempt to ride PBP. http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/EN/index.php?showpage=11

For my part, I booked DFW-CDG on 60K AAdvantage miles. I would rather have flown CO, but hey, AA gave me 25K miles to get their silly credit card and then I just started buying groceries and gas using it. It was as easy as pie using their new web based booking tool. Dad said that CO had a similar tool though.

I think dad used 25K one way and 50 K the other way, so I guess maybe that doesn't meet your criteria for "standard availability". Still, I don't think 75K miles for a Europe R/T in the summertime is too bad.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

ContnlEliteCMH

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Quoting Artsyman (Reply 11):
Despite the constant warblings I hear, I have yet to fail to get a standard award when I've needed it

Here's one: I wanted to book a CMH-CLE-LAS-CLE-CMH reward trip. My status at the time was Platinum. Guess what? The website said there were standard rewards available but refused to book it. I called the Elite desk to find out that there was no reward travel on Commutair flights. Somebody should tell the website guys that this is the case.

This threw a major wrench in my plans. My wife and I are taking two other people out there and we were buying them tickets. I ended up cancelling the purchased tickets and getting reward travel CMH-IAH-LAS-IAH-CMH for us, but the party who would have bought two tickets is going Midwest out of Dayton.

Now, I had no trouble booking the second routing as reward travel, but the combined fare to have my brother and his wife travel with us would have been over $1300. That's not going to happen, especially when the Midwest combined fare was well under $600.

Also, I don't see what being Platinum has to do with reward travel. To the best of my knowledge (which may be deficient), you Elite status doesn't magically make reward seats available to you that aren't otherwise available.
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

artsyman

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:36 pm

Also, I don't see what being Platinum has to do with reward travel. To the best of my knowledge (which may be deficient), you Elite status doesn't magically make reward seats available to you that aren't otherwise available.

Actually it does. The availability for Platinum members is significantly higher than gold, then silver, then non elites

ikramerica

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:05 pm

With OnePass miles I flew roundtrip F on QF LAX-SYD last year, and roundtrip LAX-FRA/HAM-LAX on CO the year before (BF transatlantic and only Y domestic) using the saver awards.

It wasn't simple to find the seats, but I found them.

Try harder...  Wink
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

drerx7

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 pm

All I know is OnePass sent me and my girlfriend to SXM last year without a hitch...sorry you are having problems.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

ikramerica

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Quoting Brons2 (Reply 13):
I think dad used 25K one way and 50 K the other way, so I guess maybe that doesn't meet your criteria for "standard availability". Still, I don't think 75K miles for a Europe R/T in the summertime is too bad.

Yep that's standard one way, "anytime" or whatever they call it the other way.

ikramerica

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Oh, and elite status makes a big difference. I just checked and before signing in there was almost no standard availability to the EU this summer. Signing in as silver, all sorts of flights opened up.

If you are a non-elite, they want to make you pay "full price" for your reward flights, I guess...

Domestically, it's always way tougher though. CO has had such high domestic load factors, I can understand why.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 19):

Domestically, it's always way tougher though.

Though as an FYI, all of my attempts were for int'l J service.

I don't like wasting miles on redemptions as is, but if done-- it wouldn't be for domestic or any fare-class of Y.

mustang304

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:03 am

I've always had good luck with Onepass mile redemption. We've flown from SEA-DEN on short notice (1 day), and my wife has gone to DUB via EWR on 1 day notice as well. In a couple of cases, I didn't even need to use the easypass to get the tickets.

CO Onepass service has been fine (at least for me), I've had minor things with CO service, but still much better than some of the other airlines I've flown.

I did find, if you call the onepass elite number, it tends to help, as they have better access to other flights. Just a suggestion.

ikramerica

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 16):
Though as an FYI, all of my attempts were for int'l J service.

Wrong, you are trying to get flights out of TPA. CO doesn't fly TPA internationally. So it's the connecting flight that you can't get a seat on.

If you try to fly out of EWR in J, you'll see more seats, especially if you are elite.

LAX-theEU has very little award availability during the summer. But if you check EWR-theEU, there's quite a bit. It's the major flaw of the OnePass system. Very restricted domestic awards makes it look like international awards are hard to get...

codc10

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:58 am

TPA-Europe over the summer is pretty wide open... just run a damn search!

MXP has Standard economy most days in July/August, and some Standard BF.
Same with MAD, FRA, AMS, TXL, MAN, CDG, LIS, BRU, LGW...

ZRH, DUB, EDI are tighter at this time of year.

Naturally FCO, BCN, ATH will be close to zero. There are still plenty of other options available.

June is the toughest with school letting out, and everybody but the family dog heading over to Europe for vacation, so most reward opportunities there are long gone.

Again, NONE of these results were generated while logged in to my Elite account!

[Edited 2007-04-10 19:58:40]

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:10 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 18):
Wrong, you are trying to get flights out of TPA.

....care to try that one again Sherlock?

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 18):
If you try to fly out of EWR in J, you'll see more seats

Assumption is often called the mother of all screwups, a lesson you'd do well to learn.
That said, curious: why do you assume I didn't use EWR as a point of origin in several redemption attempts-- particlarly since HKG (nonstop) is my primary target?

Quoting CODC10 (Reply 19):
TPA-Europe over the summer is pretty wide open... just run a damn search!

what's you types' obsession with TPA???

itsnotfinals

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:31 am

Wow the most interesting thing about anet is the hostility towards someone trying to help.

I think his point is to pick non-obvious cities to use your free tickets to/from and you might have more luck. A good example of this is using a free ticket to LAX when LAS is not available, that way you can get a cheap Wn ticket for 39 bucks each way and still go when you want for discounted points since LAX has more lift and seats open as a result than LAS.

Since your profile says "MSY" you might consider a cheap ticket to HOU on WN then a cab ride to IAH and pick up a flight from there since there will be better choices out of a hub, etc etc etc. then head to a non-major CO city in Europe and hit an LCC over there to get close to where you are going.

Of course you can cough up "double miles" and have a lot better luck.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

ManchesterMAN

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 am

ConcordeBoy - I'll be thinking of you when I fly from Cologne to Anchorage on a special 25k onepass award in August  Wink
Flown: A300,A319,A320,A321,A330,A340.A380,717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC9,DC10,MD11,MD80,F100,F50,ERJ,E190,CRJ,BAe146,Da

coerj

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:50 am

Rarely can you ever get standard rewards with CO- you always have to go with international. I have a little under 100,000 miles with CO so therefore I can afford pretty much any standard ticket around the world, but I am not capable of getting Easypass on long-distance flights. I called up CO and told them that I'd like to go on vacation during August (this was in September of Last year). I asked about Hong Kong- No standard available, Tokyo- no standard available, Paris- no standard available, Stockholm- No standard, Sau Paulo- No standard, Buenos Aires- No standard.

After about 10 minutes, I asked if there were any transcontinental flights with standard miles available.

Response:

Not at the moment

So pretty much you cannot travel anywhere outside North America with standard miles unless it is during an extremely off-peak season, or during a special promotion.

Continental does run some very good special as seen above, such as flights to Cologne for 25,000 where standard is 50,000.

Overall it isn't great, but the advantage of Continental One Pass over all others is that your miles never expire- which is great for those who do not travel frequently enough in a certain time frame to qualify for anything.

N353SK

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:22 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 20):

They saw TPA in your OP and failed to see that you wrote that you couldn't find award travel to TPA.

Apparently a.netters need to read things a little more closely

onewickedboi

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:30 am

I've had similar exasperation with other airlines' FF programs.
Have you tried looking into flights on partner airlines, not just Continental operated flights?

Plus, you say you tried booking up to 9 months out. Try booking 11 months (to the day) of your desired travel dates (return travel date, to be specific, since I don't think many airlines allow bookings 330+ days out).

Using the above criteria, I recently scored open jaw economy class tickets JFK - CDG - BCN and CAI - CDG - JFK. And my flights will be during the high season (for transatlantic flights).

I was pretty exasperated with the FF system, but was relieved to finally book the above and pay only taxes/fees (~ USD 78.00).

Hope you get something worthwhile; Let us know.

R E G A R D S
"instant gratification takes too long . . . "

EXAAUADL

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:42 am

Ive heard that Delta is by far the worst, while AA is the best. I even know people in ATL who dropped DL and Skymiles for AAdvantage even though traveling on AA means a connection in ORD/DFW/MIA versus a nonstop

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:21 am

Quoting ManchesterMAN (Reply 22):
ConcordeBoy - I'll be thinking of you

You'd be in good company

Quoting ManchesterMAN (Reply 22):
from Cologne to Anchorage on a special 25k onepass award in August

Have fun, not the kind of use I'd be interested in.

Quoting Onewickedboi (Reply 25):
Have you tried looking into flights on partner airlines, not just Continental operated flights?

Have. NW actually does have decent openings on its transpac twinjet service (would LOVE to do PDX-NRT on them... be just like the old days  Wink), but then intra-Asia is a problem. Would, of course, never ride a quad over the Pacific by choice, so most of their other flights aren't much of an option.

itsnotfinals

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 27):
You'd be in good company

Kind of like those of us who see you have 15299 posts and can't figure out how to work around the system. LOL

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:41 am

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 28):
the system

..being?

Zone1

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:57 am

In the last couple months I have booked 4 free tickets on UA and DL, and have had no trouble. All the trips were booked no more than 2 months out, also! For the UA trip I was able to use 15,000 non-stop saver ticket. On the DL tickets I have been able to get all SkySaver tickets with one leg in first because SkySaver coach was not available.
/// U N I T E D

co777er

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 am

I stumbled upon this statistic that Continental has released:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...D=C21B638CC507467CACDA24DA73FADD36

For the last year the number of mileage redemptions:
February 2007_______ 148,413
January 2007________ 171,117
December 2006______ 113,021
November 2006______ 123,739
October 2006________144,018
September 2006______134,999
August 2006_________143,096
July 2006___________158,630
June 2006___________162,110
May 2006___________153,527
April 2006___________132,941

This is my first Civil Aviation post so be gentle

star_world

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:11 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 29):
..being?

Seriously, you're making this sound FAR worse than it is. So I decided to prove it:

- Went to CO.com without being logged in (I'm CO Plat)

- Searched for EWR-HKG in May, just as an example since you said this was a route you were interested in.

- Several outbound dates showing for standard BusinessFirst availability. So I picked May 2nd

- Several return dates showing for standard BusinessFirst availability. So I picked May 10th. Could have picked several more days if I was happy with an NWA flight through NRT, but I decided to go for the nonstop

- A whole 20 seconds after starting, I have a confirmation screen for the nonstop CO flight out and back, in BusinessFirst, 60,000 miles and $39.62 in tax.

So what exactly is your point??  Yeah sure

star_world

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:14 am

I should add that this year alone I've booked (all at standard reward levels, I refuse to book anything on EasyPass):

- two roundtrip tickets in J on VS, EWR-LHR-EWR

- one roundtrip J ticket on AF, EWR-CDG-DUB

- two roundtrip tickets on CO, one in J EWR-DUB-EWR and one in Y EWR-TXL-EWR

All for the exact dates I wanted.

star_world

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:16 am

Quoting Star_world (Reply 32):
- A whole 20 seconds after starting, I have a confirmation screen for the nonstop CO flight out and back, in BusinessFirst, 60,000 miles and $39.62 in tax.

Sorry - this should say 60,000 miles each way. Not sure where the edit button went!

itsnotfinals

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:20 am

Quoting Star_world (Reply 32):
Seriously, you're making this sound FAR worse than it is. So I decided to prove it:

Glad you got my point Star_world  Smile Rather than making 15300 mostly negative posts, why not learn about the industry you supposedly love (since he is a paid member).

I also have used over 1.4 milion miles on US DL UA AA NW F9 , Indy Air (That was a neat trick) and CO and only one time did I have to use the higher mileage requirements.

ShakeZulaNJ

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 am

I remember when reward travel was easy. That would have been back in the mid to late 90's. Now it's damn near impossible to get a reward seat. I will say this though, I was beyond lucky in getting two reward seats on both One Pass and Sky Miles for the same flights(KL and CO) in December 06. It was a total pain in the ass trying to make it happen with numerous phone calls made to Delta and Continental, but I was able to get the flights I needed. I should try that luck in Vegas.
It's not bird strike, it's engine suck...

codc10

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:04 am

Just your first post...

After having been denied ANY award availability to TPA

That's where I erred, sorry to misunderstand your intentions but...

particlarly since HKG (nonstop) is my primary target?

That's the first time you (or anyone on this thread) mentioned HKG. I picked Europe simply to prove the point, as many mileage redemptions are destined for that continent.

If it's HKG we are talking about, point taken! I'd be pissed too at the reward availability there...although August and September look quite a bit better than June/July.

fxramper

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:48 am

Everyone has their days...CO included.

This might get more positive/negative feedback on personal experiences if it was in the Polls/Preferences Forum.

Tango-Bravo

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 30):
All the trips were booked no more than 2 months out, also!

"Book as far in advance as possible" is not necessarily the best advice for finding saver award seat availabilty. With the excssive degree to which airlines have been compelled to micromanage capacity controls on seat inventory ("thanks" to hyperinflated mileage accruals) made available for saver awards, it is not uncommon for seats to be withheld from saver award availabilty until closer to departure dates when a more definitive assessment of demand can be made.

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 1):
That's what having one of the most loyal customer bases in the US (Elites) gets you. LOTS of people earning reward travel and only so many seats to go around.

Reminds me of the consumer economy in the former Soviet Union in the sense that people generally had an ample supply of rubles to spend but their money was largely worthless inasmuch as the proverbial shelves were mostly empty. Likewise there are too many pax with too many miles chasing saver award seats for the airlines to remain viable were they to offer saver award seats without strict constraints on saver award seat availabilty (ie keeping the proverbial saver award shelves largely empty).

[Edited 2007-04-11 05:24:49]

tommy767

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:54 pm

CO onepass in my time has been a bit disorganized. I have been a member since 1996 and when I fly they STILL don't have my FF number printed on the ticket. I always have to remind an agent at EWR to put in it before I fly out. It almost seems like my number is completely lost within the system. Can anybody explain why this is?

And for what it's worth: AAdvantage > OnePass.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

brons2

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Quoting COERJ (Reply 23):

Overall it isn't great, but the advantage of Continental One Pass over all others is that your miles never expire- which is great for those who do not travel frequently enough in a certain time frame to qualify for anything.

I find it so ridiculously easy to earn AAdvantage miles on a wide range of products and services that non-expiring miles would not be a factor for me.

(obviously I am not speaking for everyone)
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 35):
why not learn about the industry

LOL, droll.

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 35):
(since he is a paid member).

*sigh*  Yeah sure

Assumption is often called the mother of all screwups, a lesson you'd do well to learn.

Quoting Brons2 (Reply 41):

I find it so ridiculously easy to earn AAdvantage miles on a wide range of products and services that non-expiring miles would not be a factor for me.

Agreed. Dare say one can do that with any major mileage program at this point.

VonRichtofen

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:32 pm

Piece of cake for me with AC aeroplan. I had some Aeroplan points left over, booked my brother a ticket on Thai airways from HKG-BKK round trip with only 20,000 points. Did it all online. STAR alliance rocks.

Kris

LH423

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Suuuuure, now you say something a week after I sign up for OnePass to be my SkyTeam airline Big grin

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

onewickedboi

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 pm

but then intra-Asia is a problem.

Inherent in your post is the fact that Skyteam has only one Asia-based carrier (Korean Air). However, don't discount the fact that Continental Micronesia flies to some "off the beaten track" destinations that you'd be hard pressed to visit using other alliances. Since it sounds like you're willing to travel just about anywhere that your miles can get you, you might consider something different than the traditional "hub" destinations-- I for one would. Really depends on your personal preference though.

never ride a quad over the Pacific by choice

Your reasons for preferring twin-jet versus quad-jet service transpacific are your own. Plenty of other people out there would likely prefer taking the a quad. Since that's nothing more than a personal preference, I don't think you'll get too much sympathy if part of your basis for faulting CO/ OnePass is based on their partner airlines fleet composition.

Just my 2 cents.

R E G A R D S
"instant gratification takes too long . . . "

lincoln

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Quoting Tommy767 (Reply 40):
CO onepass in my time has been a bit disorganized. I have been a member since 1996 and when I fly they STILL don't have my FF number printed on the ticket. I always have to remind an agent at EWR to put in it before I fly out. It almost seems like my number is completely lost within the system. Can anybody explain why this is?

I don't know if this is the same problem, but if your name as ticketed doesn't exactly match the name on the account (sans middle name/initial at least in the case of a WorldPerks member on CO, so I would assume it would be the same for a OnePass member on CO) all sorts of things kind of go sideways, and the most visible of those is that the FQTV number -is- in the reservation and will be credited but it is not printed on the boarding pass.

For example, my name is Lincoln John King-Cliby and that's the name on my WorldPerks account. For a while I would enter the J in the middle initial box (ticketed as KINGCLIBY/LINCOLNJMR or KINGCLIBY/LINCOLNJ)-- after a recent "upgrade" to CO's systems I noticed that certain other things weren't working as expected, including winding up on the upgrade list.

The next ticket I booked, I booked it without the middle initial (so it was ticketed as KINGCLIBY/LINCOLNMR) and all worked well - FQTV number on boarding pass, on upgrade list, etc. Next trip I tried using the J again -- and no love. Since then I've just left the middle initial off the reservation and everything has worked beautifully.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Quoting LH423 (Reply 44):
Suuuuure, now you say something a week after I sign up for OnePass to be my SkyTeam airline

I sowwy Erik. Would a huggie make it better?  Wink

Quoting Onewickedboi (Reply 45):
Since it sounds like you're willing to travel just about anywhere that your miles can get you

....not really, I just searched random places to see how limited availability was.

HKG nonstop is about the only place I'd really want to ride CO metal, when I could otherwise just utilize DL and be a lot happier.

CO's the only one I can think of off the bat that offers nonstop yearround twinjet service there from this country: SQ's ended years ago, and UA's is only temporary. So taking CO to that destination would be a double-bonus.

asuflyer05

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:25 am

IMHO their rewards redemption has improved over the past year or two. I can remember when I was using my aunt's OnePass miles (she is Platinum) and never finding standard awards setas. I recommend calling CO and seeing if there is availability on a codeshare partner. The reservation agent will not give partner availability you unless you ask.

But I agree with the statement that the value in the program lies elsewhere. The unlimited domestic upgrades, blocking exit seats for Platinums, etc. I guess my biggest gripe is the $400 each way + miles for an upgrade award on a BusinessFirst flight.

But alas, I am now living in Arizona and will be switching to US once I renew my Elite status with CO.

Matt

ikramerica

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:50 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 47):
HKG nonstop is about the only place I'd really want to ride CO metal, when I could otherwise just utilize DL and be a lot happier.

Well see, it only took 47 posts to weed out your agenda...

BASH CO, since you are a DL fan. You don't actually want to fly anywhere anyway, you are just looking for specific instances where it's hard to get a ticket so you can then bash NonePass again.

Thing is, we've shown you plenty of free tickets you could get, so your whole point is crap.

"I was trolling through the park one day..." but it's only April!  Wink