aeronick

Check In With Skyteam Partners

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 am

Tomorrow I am flying from Hartford (BDL) to Birmingham UK (BHX). I am going from BDL to JFK on Delta and then JFK to AMS on NW/KLM and AMS to BHX on KLM. I don't have very long in JFK and am concerned if I have to check in again there because I'll be switching from Delta to NW / KLM. However, since Delta, NW and KLM are in the same alliance (Skyteam), is it possible to check in with Delta in BDL for the whole trip?? Anyone got any thoughts or advice??

pilotfox

RE: Check In With Skyteam Partners

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:04 am

Yes I believe it is. This last monday I flew DCA-CVG-MSP-STC, the DCA-CVG was Delta and the rest was NWA. I simply checked in at the Delta counters in DCA and my bags were checked all the way through to STC. I also was given all my boarding passes in DCA.

Cubsrule

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:48 am

DL will check bags through, but they will be unable to issue you NW boarding passes.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

lincoln

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 2):
DL will check bags through, but they will be unable to issue you NW boarding passes.

Perhaps this situation is different as it is an international connection, but in the past I've had DL issue NW boarding passes and vice-versa without any problems (well, other than having to explain to convince TSA that I was in the right terminal).

Lincoln

(Specifically SAN-ATL-DTW on DL then DTW-PLN on NW, PLN-DTW on NW then DTW-CVG-SAN on DL)
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

Cubsrule

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:04 pm

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 3):
Perhaps this situation is different as it is an international connection,

DL will not issue any NW boarding passes on an international itinerary (though the reverse is untrue; NW will issue DL boarding passes). Not sure about KL, but I would asusme it's the same.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos