itsnotfinals

US Airways Adds Agents At Charlotte Hub

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:50 am

Good to see US supporting it's employees in CLT by getting some additional help. It's a rarity to see airlines adding agents these days!

40 new agents should help out a lot.

From USA Today

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/

Fair Use Excerpt

US Airways is boosting its number of gate and ticket agents at its Charlotte hub by more than 10%, according to The Charlotte Observer (free registration). The paper notes the move comes "after two high-profile customer service meltdowns" by US Airways at its southern hub, where passenger numbers are "surging."
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

luketenley

RE: US Airways Adds Agents At Charlotte Hub

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:01 am

At least they are hiring people somewhere.
Pittsburgh International Airport lover

asuflyer05

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:09 am

I also heard through the grapevine that agents from other stations have been working in CLT.

itsnotfinals

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 2):
I also heard through the grapevine that agents from other stations have been working in CLT.

I know they have flown agents from PHX to PHL and CLT for a few months now to help with the Shares learning curve. I don't know if that is still going on or not.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

HPRamper

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:10 am

CLT is going to be seeing new flights over summer. Probably the reason for the hiring wave.

Cactus739

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:32 am

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 3):
I know they have flown agents from PHX to PHL and CLT for a few months now to help with the Shares learning curve. I don't know if that is still going on or not.

It is. One of my good friends is a CSA for US here in PHX and he's in Charlotte for the next 10 weeks or something like that.
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

graham697

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:03 pm

I wish they would add more agents at DCA
Looking forward to the new AA

AmtrakGuy

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Quoting Graham697 (Reply 6):
I wish they would add more agents at DCA

Damn right. Few weeks ago, only one agent knew how to use the system -- my name is on the TSA Watch List -- so this agent was busy helping another customer with international ticket problems. No other agents could process my check in (to overcome TSA warning on the computer).

One agent admited she doesn't really understand the new system well.

Dave

silentbob

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Quoting AmtrakGuy (Reply 7):
One agent admited she doesn't really understand the new system well.

Too many of them never tried to learn the new system until the cutover.

rw717

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:40 pm

I have worked Shares, WorldSpan, PARs and Sabre and they are all somewhat similar for the basic stuff. Having worked on Sabre's QuickRes I can definetly tell you that I prefer the old native systems where you type everything in. Just my $.02
Reno Air - The Biggest Little Airline in the World

Bridogger6

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 3):

it sure is... I'm one of the PHX agents out here til at least May 8!

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 4):
CLT is going to be seeing new flights over summer. Probably the reason for the hiring wave.

While this is true, it's probably because the CLT agents never stopped pestering upper management about how short-staffed they are... and they really are very bad off when it comes to the number of agents in the hub. We're no longer in CLT to help them with the system (although we do), we're working as regular agents for now.

Quoting Cactus739 (Reply 5):
It is. One of my good friends is a CSA for US here in PHX and he's in Charlotte for the next 10 weeks or something like that.

OMG I think you're talking about me! :-p

deltaownsall

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:32 pm

cool...

maybe they could send like...4...of them to nashville or something. i made the mistake of flying us to visit my friend in phl recently and there was no one to contact about seat changes/upgrades/anything until the flight was boarding...and all that employee could do was scan tickets..

bigthumbsup 

at least it was cheap~