CP744
Topic Author

Canadian North - DHC8's

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 pm

With the announced new service into the Kitikmeot region. Any rumours on what or who's DHC8's they'll be using?

I've heard they will be Q200's, I know they wet lease Regional 1 for the YEG - YHY, YZF - YCB, YEG - YYC routes. However I don't believe R1 has any Q200's left. Any thoughts, comments, speculation.

Anybody care.....  Big grin

Cheers

markabcan

RE: Canadian North - DHC8's

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:30 am

I heard rumors that Regional 1 would be acquiring several more aircraft as the partnership has proven to be successful for both parties. It would be overly complicated to have several commuter type carries for such a small airline so I would assume that Regional 1 will step up. Canadian North appears to be growing quickly, mainly due to its large charter contract with CNRL. The airlines scheduled side of things still seems to be erratic though at least here at YYC. They are also looking to acquire several more F100s so the future will be interesting.

YVRLTN

RE: Canadian North - DHC8's

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:31 am

There are not that many Q200's around, so as QX are getting rid of theirs - some already gone to C5 (CO Connection) - I would guess this would be the source.

PS - we get a weekly Tuesday flight here at YVR with a F100 from YNR ferrying oil workers.
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos