varig767

2 Nautical Mile After Take-off: Height Of 737?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:00 am

Hello all,

A question:

Me and my future wife (wedding on 25th of May!) have planned a short break to Palma de Mallorca, Spain, to relax a few days after the wedding. Not really a honeymoon, as we already booked a 'real' honeymoon in Yucatan, but anyway:

Viewing google earth, I realised (and was very pleasant surprised  Big grin) that when I'm sunbathing near my wife at the hotels swimming pool, I can watch departing planes from runway 24L. When they are just in front of the hotel, they are only 2 nautical miles away from the runway 24L line-up area.

What average height can we expect for an average departing 737 or A320?

Kind regards, Martijn

IAHFLYR

RE: 2 Nautical Mile After Take-off: Height Of 737?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 am

Quoting Varig767 (Thread starter):
Me and my future wife (wedding on 25th of May!)

Congrats.......best wishes for you both.  champagne 

Quoting Varig767 (Thread starter):
they are only 2 nautical miles away from the runway 24L line-up area.

Without attempting to google this, if you are laying at the pool with your new bride and are 2 NM from the approach end of Runway 24L, where the aircraft are starting take off roll, my guess is most of the aircraft in question would be somewhere between 800 feet and 1,500 feet AGL at the pool depending on the aircraft weight, wind, outside air tempature, runway length, power setting used for take off, the model of B73X as the NG's have better climb performance, and even with or without winglets.

Regardless, speaking from experience, unless your wife is a total airplane nut then I'd not pay too much attention to the aircraft unless she is sleeping or off getting another adult beverage!  Smile

Enjoy
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos